Lamborghini Talk banner

WTB? - What's everyone looking to buy?

5K views 51 replies 18 participants last post by  DXM31 
#1 ·
I would like to know what car they have been looking for...

Reply with a LP you are trying to get your hands on!

#8 ·
How about the new 1100HP Tesla Model S Plaid mode. 2 sec 0-60 and high 8 sec 1/4 mile! Crazy. They’re taking orders.

#11 ·
Might finally be officially in the market for a G this winter. Not really market dependent, but business dependent. We've been struggling a bit being contract mechanical design (engineering) but with all the companies reducing internal people, we should pick up again.
But, if/when that occurs I'll be looking for a Black LP which will get converted to gated. Or a Black, very heavily modified pre-LP already gated. I don't do wraps, so black is the real only must have.
We will see how it goes. I could have bought a few years ago, but I refuse to sell my lotus or BMW, hahaha.

Reactions: vinnyb
#13 ·
I remember when I was looking for my first G. I was ready, just never seemed like the right time. So in 2008 when the economy was going down the toilet I decided I couldn’t wait any longer and I bought it at what I thought was the worst time possible. What I learned from that experience was, there never will be a right time. Looking back now, I have absolutely no regrets and I’m so glad I finally pulled that trigger.

#19 ·
Well, let's see... my '95 Ford Explorer with over 250,000 mi just bit the dust and is now in car heaven, RIP... my configured 2020 EVO RWD remains "in production" and will now be a model year 2021 which I actually hope to see by 2021... sold my 458 to make room for aforesaid EVO... so my Carrera S is the only one left to drive... have my eye on a soon to be released Mercedes SUV AMG GLA45... a 2 L turbocharged 4-cylinder with 382 HP and 8-speed DCT... not as good looking as the EVO, but good enough for Home Depot...

#26 ·
My 2021 EVO RWD is scheduled for a December build date with delivery in February.

#21 ·
Im looking for an LP640 been dying to get my hands on one. Coronavirus put me back a few months, but now Im back looking. Market is terrible right now unless you are looking for a roadster, but I definitely do not want a roadster so its a waiting game. The very few good cars that came to market sold very fast.

#23 ·
Wanting a Purple 2019 Huracan Performante Spyder (Purplemante) but had to buy and insure an Audi R8 Spyder for a year before I have experience driving something of similar performance. They wouldn't even insure me for £10k/yr through a broker and I managed to get insured for the R8 for £2.1k from Direct Line! exact same engine but half the value.

Still having fun ofc. It's exotic for the area and already turns heads but feels a bit under-exotic when a 570s/458/488/Lambo drives by. Will probably miss being able to rinse speed bumps without lifting and the B&O sound system though

#25 ·
Currently finishing up the restoration of my gated Murcielago. Picked up a 675LT Spider recently and am looking to trade my Mercedes S65 AMG for a Rolls-Royce Dawn or Rolls-Royce Drophead, most likely. At some point I will have to trade the wife's Range Rover for a G63 as well... As I write this post, I think I can admit that I have a problem. :LOL:

#34 ·
TC, beautiful shot of the Mac! Siick, those are problems we all love and understand! Good choices all around.

Myself, pushing my biz to the next level by year end then a Countach might be in the cards, or maybe a Diablo or maybe a Murcie or maybe a gated AM DBS...choices, choices, choices...

Do you guys really want to let AI into the cockpit with you? Maybe I am too old school, the last thing I want is another voice in the cabin when I am looking to get away from it all and listen only to my glorious Sant Agata V10 (especially when they are probably tracking everything I am doing...)

Bull, do you think the market will tank again? I am seeing mixed signs from clients. Many of my clients are killing it but the few that are struggling are really struggling.

#45 ·
No new exotic for me planned for the next couple months. Market seems to be all over the place no matter what brand, plus want to see what happens to the economy after Trump wins next month. I did however reserve a new Bronco as soon as they were announced, so hopefully that will be here by spring 2021 from what I am hearing. The new Broncos I think are a home run for Ford, they look sooooo sweet!!

Reactions: DXM31
#47 ·
The 86 is really a very attractive car, and the GT-86 has got a fair amount of power, 0-62 mph 6.9 sec and the 1/4 in the 14's.

#50 ·
I am thinking of buying a Morris Minor. I just love those cars, had one when I was a young surfer in southern California in the 60's. I think I might be trying to re-live my past. It was the slowest car I have ever driven. I remember being on the freeway and coming to a hill, my little car would slowly slow down to almost a stop. It was so embarrassing, I would pretend that I was trying to pull off to the side.
https://www.shannons.com.au/library...1600x1066/1961-morris-minor-2-door-saloon.jpg

Reactions: DXM31
#52 ·
I am thinking of buying a Morris Minor. I just love those cars, had one when I was a young surfer in southern California in the 60's. I think I might be trying to re-live my past. It was the slowest car I have ever driven. I remember being on the freeway and coming to a hill, my little car would slowly slow down to almost a stop. It was so embarrassing, I would pretend that I was trying to pull off to the side.
https://www.shannons.com.au/library...1600x1066/1961-morris-minor-2-door-saloon.jpg
Saw one of those on BAT recently it had a Datsun A14 engine, it looked interesting. When I was a kid, a high school kid across the street had one, a black convertible.

#51 · (Edited)
Fun looking car. I think my family might have had one when I was really little. I need to ask my dad what it was. I remember him telling me at one point that he bought it for $25. It wouldn't run and the owner wanted it gone. Turned out the fuel line was plugged. The gas cap was missing and after he cleaned a bunch of leaves out, he had a perfectly good car.

I agree that the Toyota 86 is a great looking car..... and mine is blue ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.