Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at getting into a Murci pre-LP, since I'm not looking at spending into the high $100ks or more.

Title - Must be clean, no accidents
eGear - Mandatory
Clutch life - Over 75% (but open to less if the right car)
Body - Prefer coupe
Ext color - Any, but no repaint
Int color - Prefer black/dark but open
Miles - Prefer sub 20k, but am a realist
Other good stuff - Tools, all keys, manuals, window sticker, etc

In short, prefer to buy from a private enthusiast who looked after the car.

PM with any leads.

Cheers

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Does anyone have info on this car? Any previous owners on the forum or folks that have taken a close look at it? It's been for sale for a while, so wondering what the history/story is.

VIN:
ZHWBU16S74LA00975

eBay Murci

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Does anyone have info on this car? Any previous owners on the forum or folks that have taken a close look at it? It's been for sale for a while, so wondering what the history/story is.

VIN:
ZHWBU16S74LA00975

eBay Murci

Thanks in advance!
That car seems nice. Im not so sure that interior color is the right choice to go with that exterior color. Its is/was located in the NJ area for sale for a while and i've seen pics from our local meets and Ive seen that someone brought it there a few times in the past year or so but the mileage never changes on the ad.
IMO I think this car is a good car for the price.
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/...oTempest&utm_medium=TRP&utm_campaign=atempest

I was going to buy this car when Steve from Interstate Motorsport had it for sale. Interior is very nice on this car. Interstate ended up selling this car at Barrett Jackson Northeast a few years ago and now here it is again.
good luck

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That car seems nice. Im not so sure that interior color is the right choice to go with that exterior color. Its is/was located in the NJ area for sale for a while and i've seen pics from our local meets and Ive seen that someone brought it there a few times in the past year or so but the mileage never changes on the ad.
IMO I think this car is a good car for the price.
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/...oTempest&utm_medium=TRP&utm_campaign=atempest

I was going to buy this car when Steve from Interstate Motorsport had it for sale. Interior is very nice on this car. Interstate ended up selling this car at Barrett Jackson Northeast a few years ago and now here it is again.
good luck
Orange M:
Thanks very much for the info! I've seen this car for sale on Facebook Marketplace, Craigslist, eBay and other sites for what seems ages. Barring other major issues, I think it's the interior color - it's just not a perfect match with the exterior color - so I agree with you.
I'll look into it further. The exterior color is just so stunning though.

Grey/Silver M:
I like this one very much. I found out the dealership bought it for a steal at $110k last year (I believe) at auction as you mentioned, and now they state the gearbox was rebuilt. I'm not against anything being rebuilt, especially if GTE did it and did it properly. My concern is what happened to break a Murci a gearbox? Are they a weak point, or did someone go bananas in the car? Doubt I'll get a straight answer.
I also saw that the interior was re-done as it had just black leather originally. Again, I don't mind as I like the new look whether original or not.
Thanks for pointing me to this car too... It is an extremely good looking car (aren't all Murcis lol?). Maybe it deserves further investigation from me too. I hope the dealer is not a scumbag like many others and simply stops replying once I start asking about the gearbox rebuild.
Thanks again! You guys are a wealth of knowledge.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Orange M:
Thanks very much for the info! I've seen this car for sale on Facebook Marketplace, Craigslist, eBay and other sites for what seems ages. Barring other major issues, I think it's the interior color - it's just not a perfect match with the exterior color - so I agree with you.
I'll look into it further. The exterior color is just so stunning though.

Grey/Silver M:
I like this one very much. I found out the dealership bought it for a steal at $110k last year (I believe) at auction as you mentioned, and now they state the gearbox was rebuilt. I'm not against anything being rebuilt, especially if GTE did it and did it properly. My concern is what happened to break a Murci a gearbox? Are they a weak point, or did someone go bananas in the car? Doubt I'll get a straight answer.
I also saw that the interior was re-done as it had just black leather originally. Again, I don't mind as I like the new look whether original or not.
Thanks for pointing me to this car too... It is an extremely good looking car (aren't all Murcis lol?). Maybe it deserves further investigation from me too. I hope the dealer is not a scumbag like many others and simply stops replying once I start asking about the gearbox rebuild.
Thanks again! You guys are a wealth of knowledge.
I rarely do negotiations via email.
Get the dealers number and call them with your questions. A rapid fire Q $ A will allow you to judge if the dealer is honest or blowing smoke. Write down your list of questions prior to making the call.
Good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts