Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, does anyone have a manual conversion kit available or does anyone know what it costs? I am looking to covert my EGear 2006 Gallardo SE to manual gated.

Thanks,
Bryon.

Sent from my TECNO KE5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi, does anyone have a manual conversion kit available or does anyone know what it costs? I am looking to covert my EGear 2006 Gallardo SE to manual gated.

Thanks,
Bryon.

I have personally never heard of a kit. To get the appropriate parts from Lamborghini will cost upwards of $20,000. I have personally seen a receipt for the complete parts you would need and that price is real. Possibly higher now since that was from a few years ago.
You could offset some of that cost by selling off the eager stuff that you don’t need. You also need to add in labor, which makes it a very expensive proposition. My understanding is that you also have to source parts directly from Italy. You might be better off buying a complete gated car and swapping parts back-and-forth. Or just buying a gated car from the get go.

I have personally wondered whether there would be some interchangeable parts from the R8 that you could substitute?

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Hey BryonG, @Plumber is correct. It is a very expensive venture. It will cost you approximately 25K-35K give or take a few thousand. Its not just a mechanical parts swap (even though the clutch and trans are the same E-Gear to Gated). There is also the software reprogramming (Flashing ECU's) and also some minor interior work (covering up the R reverse button).

If you can source used parts or perform a majority of the work yourself, you can save a wee bit of cash.

The swap has been done. There are a few places that perform this as well, if you aren't planning on doing it on your own.

Good Luck with your research.

Reactions: Plumber

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey BryonG, @Plumber is correct. It is a very expensive venture. It will cost you approximately 25K-35K give or take a few thousand. Its not just a mechanical parts swap (even though the clutch and trans are the same E-Gear to Gated). There is also the software reprogramming (Flashing ECU's) and also some minor interior work (covering up the R reverse button).

If you can source used parts or perform a majority of the work yourself, you can save a wee bit of cash.

The swap has been done. There are a few places that perform this as well, if you aren't planning on doing it on your own.

Good Luck with your research.
Any recommendations, I stay at Livermore California

·
Registered
449 Posts
I did my own swap and have extra parts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts