Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PLEASE SEND ME A PRIVATE MESSAGE DO NOT RESPOND HERE.
Hello. I am still in the market for an LP640 coupe. I’m a serious buyer with funds ready to go. If anyone wants a quick easy private sale please send me a private message. I know there are some owners out there that would like to sell but don’t want to deal with listing the car etc etc.
If you have or know of someone who is looking to sell please message me so we can exchange numbers and talk on the phone. Again please do not respond on this post. I lost 2 cars due to people lurking on here that bought cars from behind my back after they saw sellers respond here publicly.
Thanks in advance
Anthony

·
Registered
380 Posts
To play devils advocate, maybe the sellers wanted a bit more exposure to get top dollar for their vehicle? Either way, i wish you well on your search, the right deal will eventually come together

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To play devils advocate, maybe the sellers wanted a bit more exposure to get top dollar for their vehicle? Either way, i wish you well on your search, the right deal will eventually come together
Yea maybe but these were sellers that specifically didn’t want to list them because they didn’t want all the BS that comes along with it.
the last deal really was the last straw. I found the car. Made the deal, did all the leg work and someone who was local to the car just happened to see the post and swooped in and stole the deal.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Ugh, thats gut wrenching! Things fall in place in the moment they are meant to, when you secure your car, the tribulations will make it feel all the more satisfying

Yea maybe but these were sellers that specifically didn’t want to list them because they didn’t want all the BS that comes along with it.
the last deal really was the last straw. I found the car. Made the deal, did all the leg work and someone who was local to the car just happened to see the post and swooped in and stole the deal.

·
Registered
119 Posts
By not putting the car on the open market the owner would be doing a disservice to himself . Maybe the other guy offered the asking price if not more.Only about 4000 of these cars were made so not many around to choose from. Keep trying, be willing to pay above your comfort zone and I think you'll find one. Good luck.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
By not putting the car on the open market the owner would be doing a disservice to himself . Maybe the other guy offered the asking price if not more.Only about 4000 of these cars were made so not many around to choose from. Keep trying, be willing to pay above your comfort zone and I think you'll find one. Good luck.
Yea. I’m ready for all of that. I was going to pay asking price and then the owner said there was a local person coming to see the car so I offered more. Then the owner came back and said the other guy offered the same but was on his way to look at the car. So basically he just beat me to it. I was buying the car sight unseen and trying to line up a PPI when all of a sudden this other buyer came out of nowhere.
You know the seller may be doing a “disservice” to themselves by not listing it, but not everyone is looking to squeeze every dollar out of the sale of these cars. Sometimes not dealing with the BS of listing it publicly is worth taking a little less for the car. That’s exactly what happened here. Owner wasn’t in a rush to sell. He contacted me on here from an older post I made and someone else happened to see it also that was close to the car.

·
Registered
2007 LP640 Balloon White
179 Posts
@AntsLambo, do what you are doing and ignore anyone who tries to be critical. If the seller sells to you at a price they are happy with by default everyone is happy. Do we need to spend time trying to defend/protect owners of Murcielago's in hopes we can help them earn a bit more $$ on resale? I hope we have better things to do. If I were in the market to sell mine (you better buy one soon though, prices are going up and the # of cars on the market is shrinking) I would contact you just to see if we could have a meeting of the minds on price and to deal with someone who appears to be serious and focused on this particular vehicle.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@mctowery unfortunately there are people on here that try and “help” the sellers out. This is the reason why I want people to only send me a private message about any potential cars around.
the last time a seller told me they had a car for sale and told me what his Asking price was, a few members on here responded publicly saying how he was asking too little and how is was way too cheap in this market etc etc. and the new r thing I know the car was sold to someone else. So basically those people gained nothing and cost me probably 30k by the time I find another one I want.
thanks guys. Way to mind your own business.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts