Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Someone PM’d me about having the wheels and sent pictures to my mail, I liked the wheels and we came into conclusion about the price.
Now he wants me to send payment via PayPal (family and friends) which doesn’t have buyers protection.... I don’t know if I should take the risk of sending funds or otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
237 Posts
IT's a scam, stay away - they always email/PM first, check his join date and post count, they'll say it's a friends' account, just send a screenshot of payment and he'll process shipping. Email address is usually "name""number"@gmail/yahoo. I just had the same for my enquiry.

I'll ask my suppliers for the wheels, but they're usually expensive

·
Premium Member
1,069 Posts
I am certainly not advising that you send the money without proper protection/ insurance.

When I used PayPal to receive the funds (selling oem bumpers off a jeep) I used my business account for ease, and frankly didn’t think it through having never sold anything through them.

i was notified by PayPal that the buyer had paid and let him come and pick up the parts. Expecting settlement with PayPal within two days.
Online the status kept at pending. After a month with no money I first started emailing them to an extremely slow and frustrating process of trying to figure out why they would not release the money.

it was all but impossible to get anyone on the phone, but I was able to do so after10 days of them “investigating” the issue through a series of emails

By the time I was connected with a live person with an extremely heavy accent after an hour on hold, my patience was thin. I was eventually transferred to a primarily English speaking manager who did releasethe funds which were deposited into my account two days later.

it turns out because I used my business account, they wanted the original copy of the invoice for my purchase of the bumper from my supplier so they could report the transaction to the IRS.

I bought the jeep new with the bumpers attached,, so I had no such documentation. The jeep was owned personally, not by the business. Which I don’t believe would make this a taxable/reportable transaction. My business is not in any way automotive related.

I know this isn’t your issue as a buyer, but more for anyone selling using PayPal, I would strongly advise caution about transacting through PayPal for any transaction not directly related to your business. If the seller accepts business payment, then great, his issue not yours, but if he comes back resisting, it doesn’t necessarily mean it’s a scam.

I subsequently closed all my PayPal accounts

·
Registered
237 Posts
I've had many issues over the years with PayPal, including multiple accusations on THEIR behalf that I was money laundering 🤷‍♀️

It's a necessary evil, I just use it for the buyer protection

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you ‘ll for the advice, I think I should make a 50% deposit payment and after getting the wheels I should complete the payment.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have a set of 20"/21” Brixton Forged PF5+ UltraSport in gloss black. My name is Allen, add me to WhatsApp and I'll send you videos and pictures 4164369000

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I made a 50% upfront payment through PayPal family and friends and promised that when the wheels are delivered, I’ll complete the payment, to be on a safer side .... The wheels got delivered to me yesterday and I’ve completed the payment.
Thanks everyone for your advice.

·
Premium Member
1,069 Posts
Glad it worked out! Thanks for the update

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.