Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys and gals,

Currently in the market for an Arancio orange Gallardo, black/orange interior, below 20k miles, prefer gated manual 05 and up due to front nose lift but if deal is right will do the e-gear and look at 04. Was trying to be in the ballpark of $85-90k range. Let me know what's out there guys.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Good luck with your search. Your pricing expectations seem to be well below market though. Clean, gated cars are very hard to come by, and Arancio is one of the most desirable colors.

Dealers would probably give more than you are looking to spend, so if you are serious about a gated car, I'd recommend you adjust your expectations to the low 100's depending on mileage and condition.

There is one on the forum for $120,000 right now, pretty much your exact spec, which seems to be getting good interest. Another on the forum went through auction and got up to $135K (even though the high bidder seemingly flaked out...this still shows a strong demand for gated cars)---

I bought my gated arancio spyder last year and paid up to get it. I figured as time goes on, fewer gated cars (which were already very limited in production) would be circulating less and less as they find permanent homes. In the not so distant future, they'll be even more rare and could see a modest bump in value.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input, I figured that price may be a bit on the low side for a gated manual which is why I also threw the option of the e-gear out there.

·
Registered
316 Posts
It's low indeed. If you happen to find it, don't hesitate - --

But since you asked, my advice is for you to get what you want. If you are already spending +/- $100,000 on a car just for fun, what's another $10,000-$20,000. These cars are all about passion, and finding the right car is way more important than the "right deal".

EGear and Gated cars are both awesome, but very different. It's all good if you don't have a strong desire either way, you can save and buy an eGear car. On the other hand, if gated is what you really want, don't settle. The last thing anybody should do is stretch to buy a car they don't need at all, and not even get the one they want.

Good luck with your quest---the hunt is half the fun.

Thanks for the input, I figured that price may be a bit on the low side for a gated manual which is why I also threw the option of the e-gear out there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts