Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for someone with a 3D printer to help me print a set of custom center caps.

Please PM me if you are interested and have the ability, knowledge to print. Referrals welcome as well.

Thanks!

·
Registered
138 Posts
The amount of spam on this forum is frustrating..

Anyway bump if anyone can actually help with 3D printing..
Are you looking for 3D design as well, or do you have an STL? If the former, is there a part you have that is like broken or just needs a slight modification? I can do all of it but depending on work involved depends on when I can get to it and how much.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you looking for 3D design as well, or do you have an STL? If the former, is there a part you have that is like broken or just needs a slight modification? I can do all of it but depending on work involved depends on when I can get to it and how much.
Unfortunately, I don't have any files so I would definitely need the design as well. That said, I'm simply looking for a slightly larger version of OEM center caps so sourcing one for reference shouldn't be an issue.

What I effectively need are center caps like the below but ones that fit the Hermera wheels. My understanding is that the following (OEM for the Hercules wheels) are slightly smaller and wouldn't fit Hermeras without a lot of play.. hence needing to print a custom size that is slightly larger.

Hercules center caps for reference:

In terms of design, I think replicating the finish above would be ideal (i.e. gloss black). Happy to send you a PM if you think it can be done?

·
Registered
138 Posts
The caps you sent have a graphic printed on them and then a clear coat. That would not be able to be replicated with 3D printing. Your options with 3D printing would be to either just print the circle and then do a vinyl transfer to that part and finish it, paint the part with stencils afterwards, or you could 3D recess the logo into the cap and paint it, possibly use resin to make it flat, and then clear/polish. I'm not a finisher though so I could only make the physical part.

What caps do the Hermera wheels come with? Assuming they have one an you are just making this custom one, sending that part to model the bottom and replace with a custom top that is flat and you would transfer the logo on or 3D printed with a recessed logo should be do-able.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts