Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brown Luggage and bags Bag Grey Automotive exterior

Hi Guys, this is an image of the interior of my 2004 Gallardo door. As you can see, it's badly wrinkled along the top.
Has anyone else experienced this?
And how did you fix it?
Can an upholsterer take the leather off and put, say, some padding behind?
Or do you have to buy new leather (I'm guessing from Lamborghini direct - if so, that will cost heaps!!)
Or is there some other way to fix this? Thanks for all your help!

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
17,487 Posts
A good upholstery shop might be able to stretch it, but it seems like it could be an issue with the padding that the leather is attache’d to. Lamborghini would probably want you to replace the entire door panel and yes that would be costly. Take it to a private shop.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I think everyone's door cards do that eventually when the spray adhesive dries out and the leather separates from the foam. Mine feel unglued along the top edge of the door but it is not noticeable. I have heard that you can have an upholstery shop pull the material and re-spray the glue to correct it. I have also heard pricing is roughly $250/$300 per door but have no first hand knowledge.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have the same issue.
I am getting my interior doors fixed soon at the best upholstery / leather shop I could find near where I live.
It’s about $1,500 per door. They order brand new high-end leather, die it the same color (my car has orange and black) and then replace the leather.
The Lambo leather is more than double the cost of what they ordered for mine, but the quality is not any better.

·
Premium Member
97.0 VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,486 Posts
Slammp and SpyderBull, you both are solving the same problem using existing and new leather, respectively, at a great differential in cost. Very interesting to see if you pulled the material off the door panel what the underlying problem is? Is it delaminating glue or degrading padding behind the leather? I would think reusing the leather would be easy enough if you could replace the underlying material and save yourself several multiples of cost. would love to hear you both report back as this project progresses.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Slammp and SpyderBull, you both are solving the same problem using existing and new leather, respectively, at a great differential in cost. Very interesting to see if you pulled the material off the door panel what the underlying problem is? Is it delaminating glue or degrading padding behind the leather? I would think reusing the leather would be easy enough if you could replace the underlying material and save yourself several multiples of cost. would love to hear you both report back as this project progresses.
I agree, please let me know how you get on...... if I get mine fixed first, I'll also advise you here.
THANKS GUYS! for the feedback, as usual, you guys are are a "fountain of information". Cheers Ed Burton (Australia)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Will do, getting started in the next couple of weeks. Owing to the French seams used in the stitching, it's difficult to re-use the leather for the whole door. I'll post before and after photos with lessons learned etc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts