Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a first time buyer who wants to drive his car a lot relatively. I've found a 2005 w 25k miles and I'm trying to figure out what is a fair price. Also any red flags. It's listed for 137. I like the wrap - it's probably a bit "tronish" for most. I'm considering adding a wing, modern stereo/ backup camera and maybe a remote starter/ alarm. PPI w local dealer tomorrow. Advice / tips appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I'm a first time buyer who wants to drive his car a lot relatively. I've found a 2005 w 25k miles and I'm trying to figure out what is a fair price. Also any red flags. It's listed for 137. I like the wrap - it's probably a bit "tronish" for most. I'm considering adding a wing, modern stereo/ backup camera and maybe a remote starter/ alarm. PPI w local dealer tomorrow. Advice / tips appreciated.
That wrap is hard to stomach for me. The Murci just can't pull off the Tron look like the Aventador, but even Aventadors with Tron wraps have played out.

Assuming everything is ok with the paint under the wrap, the wrap is not a problem to pull off. But I find it strange that they didn't pull the wrap off before putting it up for sale given that this type of wrap is not everyone's cup of tea, and wraps always scare off buyers because they don't know the condition of the very expensive paint underneath.

Other than that, the only red flag I see is that it could have been a rental car. I personally treat a rental exotics like salvage cars. They are beat to crap. It looks to have an aftermarket interior, which could be a sign that the interior was beat to crap and redone. The steering wheel is definitely not stock.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-Lambor...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

If you want one to beat to crap yourself and you don't care about perfection, you could get a rebuilt one for a lot less. This one already has a sound system and a wing. Don't know if it's still available.
2006 Lamborghini Murcielago base | eBay

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Thanks Stimpy. So what is a fair price for a salvage/ x rental car? 90?
Good question.

Salvage and rentals aren't worth anything to me personally, but it seems a salvage one would be in the $80's-$90's for that model year and spec.

A rental is really hard for me to say because most sellers hide that they are rentals and ask full retail hoping some sucker doesn't do their homework and buys it at that price. Since we usually never see the final sales prices, it hard to say what the market is for rentals.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I have a once in a lifetime opportunity on a house for our family which necessitates the sale of both Lamborghinis. They are both listed on EBay.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Mine is listed on Ebay
I think you should learn from the shady guy you bought the car from and be very upfront on the accident history of this car in your ad. He was getting very frustrated online that he would have buyers that drop out on him when they found out on their own about those accidents. You're falling into the same trap of coming across as a shady seller by not mentioning the accidents.

Nobody wants to pay 6 figures to a shady private seller.

And it's a painful truth that if these cars have any accidents the price goes way down despite what you did to fix it. Of course, the previous seller was claiming the car was absolutely perfect with his repairs, and you found the hard way it wasn't. Even if your car is perfect now, you'll take the hit from the sellers that have ruined the reputation of repaired accident cars. So get ready to take a lot less than your $150K asking price.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Personally, the wrap doesn't do much for me either. However, if you like it, then that's a big plus! Might be a decent negotiation tool as I think the audience small. I like it much better in the original yellow imo.

Not sure what's happening with that car, but it appears to be handed around between dealers. It was for sale by Jumbo Luxury Cars in Florida in the middle of 2015. It was unwrapped and had around 23K miles back then. Still has 23K miles plus some change right now, so it doesn't appear that it went into the hands of a private buyer in between dealerships.

If you're interested in a toy just to have fun with and not concerned about appreciation.....this 2002 might be one to look at. BIN $119,999.00 It's wrapped, has an SV style front bumper and a 6 speed manual transmission. Miles are high at 60K. Has been for sale for awhile. I have no affiliation, have no idea of the real condition, I've just seen it relisted on Ebay a number of times.

LINK: 2002 Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2L 2dr Coupe | eBay

·
Registered
92 Posts
Bxtech is right that this mess was for sale by Jumbo Luxury Cars in Florida, Forth Lauder Dale to be exact. I went to looked at it when I was shopping for a Murci sometime last year, from my inspection this Murci has went to hell and back to all these shady stealer in S. Florida. I would not drive this car home even if they give it to me FREE.

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Run Forest...Run!

Save your money for a better car...you will regret this purchase as it will cost you more in the long run...and if you go to sell it you will be sad at the outcome.....this car has BAD written all over it!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow. I'm kind of sad. So even at $85k as something to drive into the ground this is not a good car. I'm not saying he would come down that low. Better to do a 2008 with 10k miles for $189k?

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
There is a low mileage 2004 Murcie, Gated at a dealer in Mass for $137,000.......much better deal and I doubt that dealer in Fla would let that car go below the 120k figure.Someone who doesn't know any better will buy it for that

·
Registered
330 Posts
I think that people need to do their homework. In my EBay ad I encouraged people to get a PPI, Carfax etc. Moreover, I would appreciate it if you stick with pricing your own vehicles sir. Your evaluation of my cars worth wasn't necessary and downright rude. You have zero clue of what my car will sell for. If someone is interested in my car they will get the whole story and if they like it great, if they don't, then that is fine too. I'm not hurting by any means for the money.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I think that people need to do their homework. In my EBay ad I encouraged people to get a PPI, Carfax etc. Moreover, I would appreciate it if you stick with pricing your own vehicles sir. Your evaluation of my cars worth wasn't necessary and downright rude. You have zero clue of what my car will sell for. If someone is interested in my car they will get the whole story and if they like it great, if they don't, then that is fine too. I'm not hurting by any means for the money.
Bottom line, you got burned buying a dud from a shady seller, and now you are playing the shady seller role.

For the sake of potential buyers of your car that do use their brain and google it before buying, unlike you, here's the VIN: ZHWBU16S56LA01867

·
Registered
330 Posts
I agree with you about the dude. I'm a gun collector and it seems as if there is always one of these people in the group. I wasn't appreciative of him comparing me to some type of scam artist. I have worked very hard on my car to get it a close to perfect as can be. If someone bought one of these cars without doing their homework they are crazy. I knew what was up with the car when I bought it and no way was Roberto going to sell it for less than 110k. It was the least expensive non salvage Murci out there. The car drove well and run fine when I bought it. Outside of a few cosmetic issues that I dealt with because of my own desire, the car was exactly as described in the carfax. Hell I've spent well over 40k to make this bad boy perfect. Who in the hell buys one of these without a carfax? This car is a nice car and I don't give a crap what he thinks lol. The next person will enjoy the hell out of it.

·
Registered
LP640
2,231 Posts
This in no way comes off as a shady seller:
Immaculate beautiful show quality Murcielago. 40k+ in upgrades alone. Service records and inspection available. . . Please ask as many questions as you like. Here are few of the things that have been done.
The car has a well documented rebuild, quality parts and workmanship. Just because the previous owner treated the car poorly doesn't mean that this car is anywhere near the same as it used to be. Further, nobody looking at a pre-LP with LP bumpers, engine cover and lights; wing; full respray; and aftermarket wheels is shopping for originality.

As far as asking price . . . that's up to the seller. I'm completely fine with prices going north. :)

·
Registered
LP640
2,231 Posts
Save yourself the headache and money and stick to a flip out screen head unit instead of tearing the dash apart to fit a double DIN screen head unit (it is a complete bitch to get right.) As a perfect example of a hack job, check out this car. The HVAC unit was moved to the center console to fit the double DIN:
2005 Lamborghini Murcielago | eBay

Don't buy the cheapest car out there, find the best sorted in your budget. If it's egear, get a clutch snap to see the life of it (dealer.) Get a PPI. Research the VIN. High mileage is better than high amount of owners.

This car has the top half of the seats removed for some reason
2004 Lamborghini Murcielago Base Coupe 2-Door | eBay

1 - 20 of 29 Posts