Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,

I inquired about a cost for a full wrap (spydr) at a local warp place. I was quoted $3500, is that reasonable? I have never had a wrap done on a car before.

·
Premium Member
97.0 VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,318 Posts
I have never had it done but that seems cheap to me for a full wrap. Others? for that price, I may very well do it.

·
Registered
SL #7007
136 Posts
I wrapped my GTR a long time ago and $3500 seems low. I did not do door sills but I did the rest of the car and I paid more than that.... I even got a discount since I agreed to let them film it and put it on youtube. Someone quoting you a price that low makes me think they just want your money. Any wrap place will say they know how to wrap a Lambo but they just want your money. Make sure you do your research and you go to a place that knows this cars in and outs!!! You don’t want pieces of your car broken because you got a cheaper priced wrap job.

·
Registered
2011 LP560-4 Spyder / Blu Fontus
271 Posts
It IS very labor intensive. I did (it myself) a full wrap on my Mustang Conv. and it cost me $500 for the vinyl and about another $100-150 for tools, heat gun, materials. I got 'schooled' on youtube, CK Wraps, Excellent source of information. The Brand used for the wrap WILL affect pricing as some are better than others..... Example, if I would have used INOZETEK it would have cost me more than double, that wrap is difficult for beginners but looks more like an actual paint job than any other. (I used Avery Supreme, beginner recommended). Also take into consideration what is Not wrapped at that price and where you will see the paint, like doorjambs for example. If the car is black, not a big deal.... if it's yellow or something else, then..??
I painted a car myself years ago and said I would never do it again. The beauty of a wrap is all you need is a clean indoor workplace and you can take your time. Panel by panel, if you mess one up, just re-do that panel, not the whole car. I made mistakes, but for my first attempt I think it came out pretty good. Learned some lessons for next time. Make sure that $3500 includes some kind of warranty for at least a year (all four seasons of temperature change). A common thing that can happen is lifting, where the vinyl shrinks from temperature change and lifts from recessed areas from improper pre-stretch.
The car is black and I was sick of detailing it constantly. It was worth it alone just for the fact I barely touch it now (gray is easy) compared to what I used to have to do to it constantly
mustang wheels for sale 014.jpg 007.jpg 003.jpg

Reactions: BosqueAesthetics

·
Registered
2011 LP560-4 Spyder / Blu Fontus
271 Posts
Wow, check out THIS job, the level of disassembly and coverage.... I couldn't even guess what this would cost, but if you want to see IMO the 'ultimate wrap'....

Reactions: Cliff.1620

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I had my silver 580-2 wrapped in Burnt Orange. It cost $3800 and they did a great job.
05.jpg

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
In Chicago that would be very cheap. I paid $4,500 for a complete wrap (except roof) of my Grand Cherokee, and the H has significantly more edges and lines.

Look at examples of their work close up, particularly around the edges. $3,500 is very reasonable, and I would also do Ceramic Coating on top as well. Does the $3,500 include paint correction to remove swirl marks?

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,826 Posts
Wrap prices are all over the place. My first wrap was $1800, didn't do the door jambs and it was a spyder. Second one was $3000, same guy. He was new and realized that he was undercharging.
That was 5 years ago, he now charges $5,500.

Reactions: BosqueAesthetics

·
Registered
217 Posts
While were on the subject.. Anybody know what wrap colors are closest to arancio borealis and verde ithaca?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts