Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on wrapping my car soon (2019 Perf Spyder) to protect the paint (Nero Helene) and instead of doing full PPF, I wanted to wrap it another color. The front runner so far is Blu Aegeus but have never seen it in person (I have pretty much seen every picture and video on google lol). From pic's it looks fantastic and think it would be pretty easy to match since its a matte blue. I am also considering the Xpel stealth wrap to give it that matte/satin black look.

Any advice from the wrap experts out there? Protective Film Solutions is like 20 minutes away from me so I am planning on using them. Has anyone done a similar blue on their lambo? Please post pics if you have or other wrap ideas. Would love to see them!

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
Just had my car done in full Xpel Stealth. My paint is Grigio Titans and it didn't change the look, sheen, appearance, nothing. Love it! So if you want the satin look, the Xpel stealth is a direct match.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Just buy a sample swatch of the color so you can see it in person first, always nice to see the actual stuff with your own eyes and will either be free (depending on supplier) or just a few bucks.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I stopped by Protective Film Solutions today for some ideas. I think I have narrowed it down to the Xpel Stealth PPF or a Satin Grey Wrap. I really love the way both look. I am leaning more toward the Matte Grey. I have ruled out the blue once I saw it in person. Thanks for everyones help!

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
12,577 Posts
The good thing about a wrap, if you just don’t like it you can always remove it. I know that’s not what you want to do but at least it’s not permanent. Not sure if this still stands but I was told to remove mine after 3 years max?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey guys - does the Xpel stealth PPF show the metallic in the paint? I have Nero Helene so has metallic flakes and read somewhere the Xpel stealth PPF will still show that with the satin look.

·
Premium Member
1,910 Posts
I'm wrapping my AV next week. Took me 4 months to decide a color.

Reactions: zee

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Premium Member
12,577 Posts
It will look amazing, please post some pics when it is finished!

·
Premium Member
1,910 Posts
It will look amazing, please post some pics when it is finished!
Will do. People think you need crazy colors with chrome, glitter, graphics, or rainbow change effects. A simple color can knock it out the park.

·
Premium Member
12,577 Posts
I am not into the chromes at all. The orange, like green are colors that were made for a lamborghini. Most cars can't pull it off but a lamborghini just wants to be bright.

·
Premium Member
1,910 Posts
I am not into the chromes at all. The orange, like green are colors that were made for a lamborghini. Most cars can't pull it off but a lamborghini just wants to be bright.
Exactly. And near the end of my search, it came down between the orange and green families with my choice batch, because no other family fits Lambo like those two.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts