Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, Second post on the forum :D

I have this little fantasy of owning my own franchise(S) along with my own apps and websites. I already mentioned that in the dreamers section. My net worth is really high for my age and I have enough to buy almost any of these listed with a friends help since he wants to do the same. Would you trust any of these types of websites for buying a franchise? Just curious, I'm not doing it right away, I'm still looking around. Were did you end up going when you first started? :wave:

Michigan Franchises - Michigan Franchise Information

The Best Franchise Opportunities & Franchises for Sale | FranchiseDirect.com
Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I often see the owners of franchises struggle unless they own multiple in different locations. From the family that own the local pizza store to the personal trainer that bought a gym, you generally get what you initially pay for and subsequently earn money from effort you put in to the business. I believe some of the franchises listed on that website are of good value but the real consideration you make to determine which is the right one will have to be made by reviewing their individual specifics. If it seems easy to make loads of money from that $30-100k investment, then why doesn't everyone do it? I think there is better money to be had by creating your own unique, personalised business from scratch and if you become successful then it's all yours! And as you can see from listings on the internet, businesses aren't very cheap to buy but they can be very cheap to begin. For every dollar you make on paper, your business value increases accordingly, but with a franchise you will never own the name only a portion and you will be rewarded with a percentage of what should be rightfully yours.

I left school at 14, the beginning of 9th grade. I got a job learning to maintain helicopters and used to build carbon, kevlar and fiberglass fire tanks for the helicopters which gave me a lot of skill and knowledge which was definitely more valuable than the money i was on. I bought a cnc milling machine, lathe and many other tools over the years. By this time i was in a far better position compared to any of my friends that were just starting college or finishing high school. I am only 20 now but have years in the industry and am progressing toward better financial security every day. After all, financial security is the only goal i have with working because it's the satisfaction knowing the future i work towards isn't going to be wasted.
I hope this helps direct you. I've never really felt like i have good advice to give because i'm young and still make mistakes so if anyone disagrees with anything i've said, i'd enjoy gaining more perspective too.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I often see the owners of franchises struggle unless they own multiple in different locations. From the family that own the local pizza store to the personal trainer that bought a gym, you generally get what you initially pay for and subsequently earn money from effort you put in to the business. I believe some of the franchises listed on that website are of good value but the real consideration you make to determine which is the right one will have to be made by reviewing their individual specifics. If it seems easy to make loads of money from that $30-100k investment, then why doesn't everyone do it? I think there is better money to be had by creating your own unique, personalized business from scratch and if you become successful then it's all yours! And as you can see from listings on the internet, businesses aren't very cheap to buy but they can be very cheap to begin. For every dollar you make on paper, your business value increases accordingly, but with a franchise you will never own the name only a portion and you will be rewarded with a percentage of what should be rightfully yours.

I left school at 14, the beginning of 9th grade. I got a job learning to maintain helicopters and used to build carbon, kevlar and fiberglass fire tanks for the helicopters which gave me a lot of skill and knowledge which was definitely more valuable than the money i was on. I bought a cnc milling machine, lathe and many other tools over the years. By this time i was in a far better position compared to any of my friends that were just starting college or finishing high school. I am only 20 now but have years in the industry and am progressing toward better financial security every day. After all, financial security is the only goal i have with working because it's the satisfaction knowing the future i work towards isn't going to be wasted.
I hope this helps direct you. I've never really felt like i have good advice to give because i'm young and still make mistakes so if anyone disagrees with anything i've said, i'd enjoy gaining more perspective too.
Yup reviewing their individual specifics is a great idea so you wont be stuck with a franchise you are not happy with. Your defiantly right with the Creating your own business from scratch. Thats what I'm in the process of doing. :D I've just wanted some franchise on the side for some extra money in the future, being the boss is fun in my opinion, I have a very Entrepreneurial mind. I think for the price: you get for what you pay, I never trust the work from home ads on those sites. I have a high capitol for a business so I don't think I'll have too much of a problem as long as its in my budget when I make my first purchase. Multiple in different locations is what I plan to do. :) Thanks for the reply!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts