Lamborghini Talk banner

Would you drive a replica Lamborghini!

• Yes!

Votes: 29 10.3%
  • No!

Votes: 170 60.3%
  • Lamborghini should sue the manufacturers and use the money to buy everyone here a Lamborghini!

Votes: 61 21.6%
  • Depends...

Votes: 22 7.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
I voted yes.

I owned a Lamborghini Diablo SV replica. Fiero based, nice piece of crap. Why did I own it? I didnt see the Diablos of that time as reliable enough and with a bad clutch.

Now that the Diablo 6.0 came out and I own one, I dont own the replica.

I owned my replica for about a month. It was nowhere near the same obviously, but wetted my mouth for a real one.

-Ben

·
Registered
959 Posts
Replicas can give Lambo a bad name too. If some guy who doesnt know much about Lambos sees a half assed replica with a V4 drive by, thinking its real, hes certainly not going to think much of lambos

·
Registered
165 Posts
DaLamboMan said:
Replicas can give Lambo a bad name too. If some guy who doesnt know much about Lambos sees a half asses replica with a V4 drive by, thinking its real, hes certainly not going to think much of lambos
Exactly, like if some guy raced a replica Diablo and beat it with like a civic lol, he would probly go brag to his blah blah blah I beat a Diablo in a Race!. haha when really, the Diablo would rip it into peices and spit it out and run it off the road ;)

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
I had a guy offer me a fake Rolex Daytona while I was waiting for my real one. I told him that: I was not a fake, my Lambo is not a fake, and I would not wear a fake watch. A few months later my Stainless Daytona came in. Who are you? A fake? Or the real deal? I did not buy my wife a fake Louis Vuitton purse for her birthday, and she does not wear fake anything. Enjoy the ride and the hard work that gets you to what ever station in life you achieve.

Don't live a lie.

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Replica Lambos

No, I wouldn't drive any of those pieces of sh_t! I can't believe Lamborghini hasn't started legal action against the idiots who build and buy them.It is BAD FOR BUSINESS! I would love for all of us that are Lambo owners to contact Audi and make our views KNOWN. Nothing pisses me me off more than having someone come up and ask me if mine is a kit car. Now they are producing Murcie knockoffs as well.At one point Ferrari and Rolls Royce started suing these companies,and guess what....they stopped.With all these companies on Ebay selling banners, replica badges and they like, you know damn well they don't have permission from Lamborghini to produce this stuff.Anyone like to join me..I'd like to make a little noise to Lamborghini about this.Maybe if they realize the BUYERS are getting pissed off, they will look into it a little further. And to you Idiots who buy these pieces of sh_t, if you took the money and time you threw out the window on this junk..you could buy a REAL ONE,........ JERKS!

·
Registered
72 Posts
NO, your only cheating yourself. I would either join a club and maybe have a owner let me have a spin, or just rent one.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I'd drive anything, even a VW based replica. Probably laughing my ass off while I was driving it too. Most likely at night or the wee hours of the morning.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I agree with everyone so far. I am sure if you went to a Lamborghini event, someone would let you ride in it rather than purchase a cheap fake. When I get my Miura restoration finished and I am at an event, I would be more than willing to take people for rides. More time for me behind the wheel.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I would never own a fake.... however...!

There are some really great 'replica' GT40's in the market, pretty much exact copies. Not sure I'd have one, but it's on the margin of acceptable.

·
Registered
205 Posts
You can make a fake look completely like the real thing, but it can never reward you with the level of excitement and satisfaction that a real one can.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I absolutely agree. I mention the GT40 as it's an interesting benchmark of what might be acceptable. Neither love nor money could buy you an original, but if you were determined to have that shape in your garage.....?

I'm with the general viewpoint here - no fakes! - but the GT40 is an interesting litmus test!

·
Registered
102 Posts
jermdude15 said:
Would anyone here drive a replica Lamborghini?
I don't even own a Lamborghini, but even given the chance there is no way I would even drive a replica. A replica is simply that, a replica. You'll get looks of course, but the performance, the feel of the car and the passion that went into the car's manufacturing and design is original. Which is exactly why I would not own a replica. I'd rather wait it out and get the real thing.

1 - 20 of 142 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.