Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im new to lambo.concerning 04 to 08 Gs---has anyone had sucess with a nitrous add on (only 100 hp. shot for a few second use, also exhaust cut outs and finally in there a cure for wrinkly door leather.im so impressed by the community knowledge here that i cant not have faith in your answers. thank you. oh this is e-gear car.

·
Vendor
3,008 Posts
An upholstery shop can fix the leather door panels or I can get you new factory panels, but they're $$$. An good shop can re-glue the existing leather and pull it tight again.

And you have the 100 shot right now and the exhaust is cutting out? Or you want to add it?

·
Registered
287 Posts
im new to lambo.concerning 04 to 08 Gs---has anyone had sucess with a nitrous add on (only 100 hp. shot for a few second use, also exhaust cut outs and finally in there a cure for wrinkly door leather.im so impressed by the community knowledge here that i cant not have faith in your answers. thank you. oh this is e-gear car.
I just had my door panels replaced with new matching leather at the best local shop we have.
It was about 1k per door or thereabouts. They could not re-use the original wrinkly leather due to age and the padding behind it had totally decomposed. Also had the seats refreshed and it looks like new!

·
Registered
2011 LP560-4 Spyder / Blu Fontus
563 Posts
Me, personally I'm afraid of Nitrous because I have no experience with it. I have experienced the damage it has done to others. The problem is there's not much room for error in experimentation. It's one thing to experiment on a car you can easily afford to swap another engine in when it Grenades, but not really an option with your Lambo. If you decide it's an absolute necessity then it would be wise to research and install a tried and proven formula of parts and Tune to minimize the risk (which will always be there, watch youtube nitrous fails).
Nitrous was popular and worked really well on Carburated cars, but it gets tricky w/ Fuel injection. The cash outlay is the least upfront for power adders, but also makes it the least reliable and somewhat of a pain with bottle temperature, pressure, keeping it filled, etc. Sure, the turbo and supercharger systems out there a pretty expensive, but they're engineered (usually) for safety and reliability. Is there anyone who offers a Nitrous Oxide 'kit' for the Gallardo with proven long term results ??

·
Registered
39 Posts
First off.. why??

NOS is for racing..1/8..1/4 mlie..WOT events.. that's it.. you not going to use it front light to light.. Any if you are not a experecince user.. which im 99% you arnt.. your going to cause way more damage then any amount of good you would do.. You would be better off with meth or water injection under WOT.. But again..its something you are going to have to know about and why/how it works..

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
If you’re going to do it, make sure your first shot gets videotaped… we, the viewing audience would like to watch the replay.
Good luck! Sounds like you’re ‘Let’s Go!’ ready.

ps make sure you have a fire extinguisher

·
Registered
563 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Interesting article.

Good article. It's almost like saying... "Here's why it's difficult to use Nitrous without blowing up your Engine". The short and sweet version, IF, you can continue to resist temptation to take the bigger 'hit' next round. Next episode to include Bottle pressure woes, and sticking solenoids.
I've been running custom Whipple supercharger setups for about 20 years now (on Mustangs) but knock on wood, never grenaded anything yet. The power is always there on demand and there's no messing around with all that other crap. Plenty of audible warnings when things weren't quite right, but nothing blew up yet.... except for the case of the Normally Aspirated 4 cylinder that got holes melted through 2 pistons from having the timing too far advanced. But in my defense, that was when I was just beginning to play with wrenches.

Nitrous is for drag cars. Same scenario every time. Throttle is always wide open. It's a short blast down the track and you're done. Use it on the street and mistakes get made and things blow up.
I've never been much for gambling, so that could explain it. I just think for the street the novelty would wear off rather quickly after going to get the bottle refilled a few times......

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Good article. It's almost like saying... "Here's why it's difficult to use Nitrous without blowing up your Engine". The short and sweet version, IF, you can continue to resist temptation to take the bigger 'hit' next round. Next episode to include Bottle pressure woes, and sticking solenoids.
I've been running custom Whipple supercharger setups for about 20 years now (on Mustangs) but knock on wood, never grenaded anything yet. The power is always there on demand and there's no messing around with all that other crap. Plenty of audible warnings when things weren't quite right, but nothing blew up yet.... except for the case of the Normally Aspirated 4 cylinder that got holes melted through 2 pistons from having the timing too far advanced. But in my defense, that was when I was just beginning to play with wrenches.

Nitrous is for drag cars. Same scenario every time. Throttle is always wide open. It's a short blast down the track and you're done. Use it on the street and mistakes get made and things blow up.
I've never been much for gambling, so that could explain it. I just think for the street the novelty would wear off rather quickly after going to get the bottle refilled a few times......
You make good common sense.

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Enjoy your G as it is for awhile. These are very special cars just as they are. Work on the cosmetic issues first. Then maybe super charger or turbo if you must. For the street these cars have more than enough get up and go. Unless maybe you are doing a bunch of street racing.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Nitrous has a bad rap because of stupid people. It is just the chemical form of forced induction. It is an oxidizer which has more oxygen per square inch. Add fuel to compensate for whatever shot you may be using and you'll be fine. Regular nitrous kits work best on stock cars since no values have been changed, Regardless, a 100 shot would be easy and only cost around $600-$700. 100HP ready to go at full throttle. Only downside is filling the bottle. ( thats why you buy more than one lol)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts