Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a very well equipped 2022 RWD Evo on the boat heading this way. Looking at the prices of used 20/21 Evos it seems reasonable to be able to trade my brand new 22 almost even for a low milage 14/15 Aventador. What are the thoughts here? The Aventador is the king V12 model but many say the Huracan is the better all around and modern car. What would you choose to do? Keep the Evo or trade toward an Aventador especially now that Lamborghini announced all Aventadors are sold out through the model run or just enjoy the Evo I ordered?

·
Administrator
4,019 Posts
Assuming you will pay tax on your car, there’s a chance you make a small profit. Aventador 2015 will run you $50-100k more depending on mileage. Perhaps some savings if you get a tax credit. What should you do no one can answer. Selling the EVo for a profit will take time, even finding the right Aventador will also take time. How much patience do you have?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Assuming you will pay tax on your car, there’s a chance you make a small profit. Aventador 2015 will run you $50-100k more depending on mileage. Perhaps some savings if you get a tax credit. What should you do no one can answer. Selling the EVo for a profit will take time, even finding the right Aventador will also take time. How much patience do you have?
I figured both are worth low $300's. I am in NH so no sales tax applies.

Used 2014 Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 For Sale $349,995 | Cars.com

·
Registered
730 Posts
I’d say if your plan all along was to get an Aventador then sure, but if you chose an Evo because it was the better car all around I’d probably just stick with that. The Aventador replacement might make the current Aventador seem dated soon.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’d say if your plan all along was to get an Aventador then sure, but if you chose an Evo because it was the better car all around I’d probably just stick with that. The Aventador replacement might make the current Aventador seem dated soon.
I purchase the Evo because I had an 18 Huracan and it made a logical choice to step up to the Evo knowing the Aventadoor was $100k more. With the rise in price of the Evo the gap is reduced to nearly nothing now.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,710 Posts
OP, what price are you hoping the EVO will fetch?

·
Administrator
4,019 Posts
I think the best case scenario right now is $50k over and you will have to go through a dealer to fetch it. They will want a commission of 5% of the total. My guess is 25-35k profit in your pocket. Not sure the current price of Aventador, they are all over depending on spec and mileage.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,710 Posts
I think the best case scenario right now is $50k over and you will have to go through a dealer to fetch it. They will want a commission of 5% of the total. My guess is 25-35k profit in your pocket. Not sure the current price of Aventador, they are all over depending on spec and mileage.
Interesting but even $35K would not motivate me to sell but it's OP's car, so it's his call. I guess he wants those two extra cylinders more, and counterpoint, I want the DCT of the EVO more.

Reactions: M22 and redjim

·
Registered
SL #7007
1,024 Posts
OP, it all depends on what you see yourself driving and being happy in. For me, while I love AV's and I love the V12, an AV just wouldn't suit me. I'd rather have a Perf. than an AV. Now if it was an SV, that would be a different story but for a regular AV, I wouldn't trade your Evo for one....

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OP, what price are you hoping the EVO will fetch?
$300k is what I would want if I traded it toward an Aventador. I would look for a dealer that has an Aventador in stock so I would not pay the 5% to sell it. That said, all being equal, would members here chose an Aventador or Evo if all costs were equal?

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,710 Posts
$300k is what I would want if I traded it toward an Aventador. I would look for a dealer that has an Aventador in stock so I would not pay the 5% to sell it. That said, all being equal, would members here chose an Aventador or Evo if all costs were equal?
All things being equal maybe but, in my mind, they aren't:
1. EVO 3 years of paid service, 3 year warranty, DCT, updated MMI (albeit the infotainment system :rolleyes: )
2. Avendator, 12-Cylinder, billion dollar doors, better engine note, probably will have better resale

So, it gets down to what you value more and clearly, there is no right of wrong answer simply personal preferences. With an EVO practically in your hand you're in, forgive the pun, the drivers seat; Best of Luck with the decision! It's a good problem to have. :giggle:

Reactions: M22

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
All things being equal maybe but, in my mind, they aren't:
1. EVO 3 years of paid service, 3 year warranty, DCT, updated MMI (albeit the infotainment system :rolleyes: )
2. Avendator, 12-Cylinder, billion dollar doors, better engine note, probably will have better resale

So, it gets down to what you value more and clearly, there is no right of wrong answer simply personal preferences. With an EVO practically in your hand you're in, forgive the pun, the drivers seat; Best of Luck with the decision! It's a good problem to have. :giggle:
Pun well played 😁

·
Administrator
4,019 Posts
It’s such a hard question to answer. I’ve owned many huracans and an Aventador Roadster. I personally loved my AV a lot. Huracan got a lot less seat time sitting next to my AV. Not everyone feels that way. You have to decide money aside what you think you will prefer. Like mentioned above, warranty, new car, maintenance paid, updated tech, lots of things many would prefer but it’s all in your head what you want. If I had to pick one over the other, I would pick AV. I have an EVO on order actually, and I am always on the hunt for the right AV…I don’t keep cars long so that doesn’t say much. Good luck, either way you choose is a win. Btw, I can’t imagine a dealer paying more than 10-20k tops over msrp on trade just my opinion. I know on Urus they’re paying slightly over msrp.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,710 Posts
So, @Jr Mint, based upon your post above the AV was a bit more special. That may be the perspective of @M22 as well. Well, as long as you can drive down the road with a big grin from ear to ear then it's all good.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,710 Posts
They’re both so special. For me it was tops off, loud v12, the road presence is just WOW. The Huracan scratches an entirely different itch.
Tempting........next iteration maybe.

Reactions: M22

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
The thing with the V12's is if one thing goes wrong it's game over for your bank account so it's always a good idea to factor in repair costs and always make sure the car has a solid service record. And if you see service records from Bob's Brake & Lube you should probably look another car.

Also as the replacement gets closer to launch prices for the non-limited edition A's will take a dip so something to be aware of.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.