Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after searching a bit. I am skeptical of woodside. I see a bunch of people mention them, maybe one or two say "i used woodside", but then I go to reviews and see horror stories about them taking money and never responding, or taking months to get anything going. Sounds like they are happy to treat you well until they have your info, credit approval, and "down payment".

Has anyone actually used them here with good results?

Thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I can only speak from my experience. I worked with Antonio Saba at Woodside to buy from Lambo NB and he worked very fast and was on top of things and very responsive. I wouldn't describe the experience as warm, but was very efficient and accurate which is what I was looking for. My process from running credit to buying car was 7 days but that included switching the car/dealer I wanted to buy from and some back and forth with dealer. So the part of the process with Woodside and Lambo NB probably took 3 days or so.

A couple of small dings.

It seemed that my TX registration charged a late fee, and they had sent me saying they undercharged me and wanted me to pay the difference, but I contacted them letting them know the difference was due to a late registration filing and asked them why they were late to file, I didn't hear back. It seems like they ate that couple of hundred delta.

The other tiny ding is a couple of months after buying, I was notified that my loan was sold to another bank, but when it came to try to sell the car two years later, I came to find out that wasn't the case. The other bank was just the loan servicing bank and has a power of attorney. The lienholder was still woodside and technically they held the title, so there was a little bit of confusion and back and forth to sort that out, but everyone was responsive.

Overall, the experience was pretty positive, and if numbers work for me, I have no reservations going with them again.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Super helpful and I understand that experiences may vary. But with fake reviews its hard to see what is real and what is not.

Thanks a ton for your feedback. I have seen before that Antonio is the guy to talk to. Ill probably try to reach out. Thanks!

·
Registered
484 Posts
Super helpful and I understand that experiences may vary. But with fake reviews its hard to see what is real and what is not.

Thanks a ton for your feedback. I have seen before that Antonio is the guy to talk to. Ill probably try to reach out. Thanks!
I think Barrett Jackson auction house uses them

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I used Woodside twice and had a good to great experience.
Second on using Antonio Saba.
The only glitch was when I paid off the loan early(locked in for two years) getting the title was protracted on their end which a bit frustrating.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Hmmm. I’ll def be paying it off early. So something to think about I suppose
Very few companies out there who will do a 12 year note basically unsecured for their interest rate.
Mind you, it’s better to put cash for vehicles and never a good idea to finance long term.
I was younger and making other investments and doing a long term loan at 7% for two years and then paying it off early was not so bad. Just make sure you pay off as early as possible.

·
Registered
40 Posts
new owner of my car used Woodside, Antonio Saba was on point and professional. I got paid, the buyer got his money and everyone was happy.

·
Registered
32 Posts
They’re good. They have bad reviews because consider the average person leaving google reviews. They probably don’t qualify for a $200k car loan. Antonio Saba as well for my Ford GT.

·
Registered
77 Posts
They are good to deal with, no issues. Many of the complaints are those that don't qualify, satisfied clients don't leave many reviews. Most, if not all, of the premier dealers use them.

·
Registered
16 Posts
So after searching a bit. I am skeptical of woodside. I see a bunch of people mention them, maybe one or two say "i used woodside", but then I go to reviews and see horror stories about them taking money and never responding, or taking months to get anything going. Sounds like they are happy to treat you well until they have your info, credit approval, and "down payment".

Has anyone actually used them here with good results?

Thanks!
Antonio = the best

used him 3 or 4 times

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks a ton everyone for the responses!

For people in the future that may come to this thread. I felt obligated to mention that I was reached out to privately by a member here giving a fairly negative opinion of them. So there are positive and negative experiences even in this community.

With that being said while talking with a Lamborghini dealership to finance an 08 gallardo they mentioned they used woodside for the older cars so its certainly legit.

So all in all maybe there are some difficulties, just make sure you have your ducks in a row and if its the best solution for you go for it. Oh and have your point of contact be Antonio! haha

·
Registered
83 Posts
I know this is about woodside, but fwiw there are credit unions out there who go much lower on the interest rate. I'm under 3% for 5 years and I helped a friend get under 2% for 3 years. These are loans in the $100k range, haven't tried a bigger loan.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Personally my struggle is with being approved, I haven’t had a large ish car loan as I normally pay cash. So they (credit unions and such) are not willing to do a loan for me. Even when I have 40% down payment

·
Registered
83 Posts
For an 08 gallardo you are probably around $95k, so with 40% down that's only $57k for the loan. This is not a huge amount for most banks. I would keep trying a few more. Find a list of credit unions in your state, then go to their sites and look at their rates. Then call some who have good rates.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah I’ll be completely honest I applied at 90 to ease my pocket a bit. They countered with 30. I was boarderline insulted lol. I agree I don’t see how ~60k is a huge loan. esp when my debt to income is pretty low.

They are just trying to squash my dreams :(

·
Registered
484 Posts
Yeah I’ll be completely honest I applied at 90 to ease my pocket a bit. They countered with 30. I was boarderline insulted lol. I agree I don’t see how ~60k is a huge loan. esp when my debt to income is pretty low.

They are just trying to squash my dreams :(
Have no fear.
I can loan you the money you need. Do you have good kidneys?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts