Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just sold my NFA registered M16 for $15K... My sugar mama is gonna put $3K away each month in a pool for "the cause"...

This time next summer, I'll have $50K for a down payment on a Murci... you're ears burnin' Roy?

I don't care what color, '05-06 Coupe as long as it has a 6 speed :) Might even entertain an 03-04 Roadster...

Hmmm... maybe I should just save a few more months til Christmas next year or January/February 2011 and go for an '07 LP640...

Are the additional 60 horses really worth another $30K for an LP640 plus I might get lucky with a car with diamond stitching?.... that's $500 bucks a pony!

·
Registered
899 Posts
Just sold my NFA registered M16 for $15K... My sugar mama is gonna put $3K away each month in a pool for "the cause"...

This time next summer, I'll have $50K for a down payment on a Murci... you're ears burnin' Roy?

I don't care what color, '05-06 Coupe as long as it has a 6 speed :) Might even entertain an 03-04 Roadster...

Hmmm... maybe I should just save a few more months til Christmas next year or January/February 2011 and go for an '07 LP640...

Are the additional 60 horses really worth another $30K for an LP640 plus I might get lucky with a car with diamond stitching?.... that's $500 bucks a pony!
LP 640, 6speed and diamond stitch. Look me up in a year I might want to sell.:wave:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
John, if that's your Balloon White LP640 in your avatar pic... I will definitely keep you in mind next summer.

Nashville/TN isn't that far from Blue Ridge/GA.... we're smack dab on the GA/TN/NC tri-state line...

If you get a chance, email me some pics of your car and current mileage/etc...

[email protected] (yes, I'm a dentist).

Thanks,
Mark

·
Registered
349 Posts
The roadster didn't come out until the '05 model year, so unfortunately that won't be an option. Personally, I'd strongly consider waiting (easier said than done) to get an LP640. John's certainly looks like a hell of car...

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
^... depreciation? According to Roy, Murci's are only going to appreciate in value... they're going up every week as we speak.... maintenance, other than the oil change, I'm planning on $7500 every 3-5 years for the "major service"...

Insurance... already called my insurance company, IIRC, its only like $100 bucks a year more than I was already paying on my 2008 Z06...

One thing that Roy brings to the table over a private party sale is his connections with banks that can do a long term finance with a substantial 25% or more down.

Honestly, Murci vs. LP640, the cars basically look the same (sure the bumpers are a little different)... but the extra 60 horses for me would be icing on the cake... but then again, I'm always the kind of guy who second guesses things...

My budget would be $189K total (Cost, taxes, etc)... I can swing an $1800/mo car payment no problem... For that matter, I can swing a $3500/mo car payment, but that doesn't consider the "wife factor"... $1800 a month is my limit, that's what we paid on my wife's car, so she's cool with that # for me :) (But I don't think she's taken into consideration that her note was a 36 month term, mine would more likely be a 120 month note)

·
Administrator
5,158 Posts
That's the one. 800 miles in Dec 09 now 1700. Just breaking in!
Can't believe you would consider parting with that car so soon. If I wasn't a Diablo fiend, I'd take it off your hands for sure. You should reconsider selling that jewel.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
^... depreciation? According to Roy, Murci's are only going to appreciate in value... they're going up every week as we speak.... maintenance, other than the oil change, I'm planning on $7500 every 3-5 years for the "major service"...

Insurance... already called my insurance company, IIRC, its only like $100 bucks a year more than I was already paying on my 2008 Z06...

One thing that Roy brings to the table over a private party sale is his connections with banks that can do a long term finance with a substantial 25% or more down.

Honestly, Murci vs. LP640, the cars basically look the same (sure the bumpers are a little different)... but the extra 60 horses for me would be icing on the cake... but then again, I'm always the kind of guy who second guesses things...

My budget would be $189K total (Cost, taxes, etc)... I can swing an $1800/mo car payment no problem... For that matter, I can swing a $3500/mo car payment, but that doesn't consider the "wife factor"... $1800 a month is my limit, that's what we paid on my wife's car, so she's cool with that # for me :) (But I don't think she's taken into consideration that her note was a 36 month term, mine would more likely be a 120 month note)
well, you are right on with the amount you can afford. With a 12 year loan you will be drowning before you know it in debt to asset ratio. If the cars do up in value by the week, next year will see more expensive purchases. I think it will be longer before we see a rise but I have no crystal ball. Keep in mind, as these cars get older, they will need more than your budgeted expenses over your three year timeframe.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
120 month (10 year) loan is a bad idea. If you can not afford shorter amortization, you can not afford the car. Not trying to be mean, just realistic. If big repairs come up, you can end up underwater.

Also, these cars depreciate faster than $1800 per month, so unless you plan on keeping it a very long time, you will also be upside-down when you go to sell the car!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I hear ya on the 10 year thing... I'm going with 10 years to get the better interest rate over a longer term... I always pay off early.

As a dentist, my salary is a roller coaster... some months I make $25K, other months I make $15K....

By choosing the longer term option, I get the lowest monthly payment when we have a lean month and pay extra when I get a good month...

·
Registered
10,242 Posts
Personally I'd wait it out for the 640. It's not just more power, it's a whole different engine, newer interior, and a bunch of significant technical changes.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Agree with gvan.... It's certainly not just a bit more power. I do believe that there are enough differences that the $$ gap between the 640 and the murci will always be where it is today or maybe even a bigger gap in the next 1-1.5 years.

I personally don't see a well rounded, low milage 640 going below 200 for a least one year. It seems that the market for these cars has stabilized or even a slight upward trend.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Can't believe you would consider parting with that car so soon. If I wasn't a Diablo fiend, I'd take it off your hands for sure. You should reconsider selling that jewel.
So soon.... ha that's what the wife always says:boxing:

We always go at it about the duration. I tell her 5min. is really all I need.:D

No seriously I would only consider selling if I could find another beauty like it. Really never keep a car for more than a year. You know the type, Grass is always greener.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I hear ya on the 10 year thing... I'm going with 10 years to get the better interest rate over a longer term... I always pay off early.

As a dentist, my salary is a roller coaster... some months I make $25K, other months I make $15K....

By choosing the longer term option, I get the lowest monthly payment when we have a lean month and pay extra when I get a good month...
Unless you have some kind of huge alimony payment of live way beyond your means, making this much coin should allow you to pay the car off in 2 years max, comfortably. Just my 2cents worth...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts