Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Urus, 2022 STO, 2022 Urus, 2022 Ultimae Roadster, 2023 Technica, 2023 STO
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told by my sales advisor that the Urus used to have wireless CarPlay but due to a system bug of it draining your iPhone battery they disabled it.

Seeing as the hardware is virtually identical to what is used in Audis Porsches, etc can this be turned back on?

I saw on YouTube people using OBD11 to change settings in the system software but wondering if anyone else has tried to do this.

Thanks in Advance!

·
Registered
2020 Huracan Evo with Heffner Twin Turbo
111 Posts
I was told by my sales advisor that the Urus used to have wireless CarPlay but due to a system bug of it draining your iPhone battery they disabled it.

Seeing as the hardware is virtually identical to what is used in Audis Porsches, etc can this be turned back on?

I saw on YouTube people using OBD11 to change settings in the system software but wondering if anyone else has tried to do this.

Thanks in Advance!
Can’t speak to whether it can be configured for wireless or not..but I’m currently trying out one of those Carlinkit’s I got from Amazon. I’ve had a few friends look into these..so in case you’re interested my experience is just ok (not great)..connects easily enough but there’s a slight lag. It also restarts once in a while.

Whereas my BMW M8 has wireless and it’s really great.

Here’s the link

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,085 Posts
That’s pretty nice and if it works on Audi it should work on our Lambos as well.

·
Registered
57 Posts

Thanks in Advance!
hey, did you ever get around to enabling this via ODBEleven? Ive just ordered one and seeing as this route has worked for the Q8 - I'm crossing my fingers it works for the urus

·
Registered
111 Posts
Can’t speak to whether it can be configured for wireless or not..but I’m currently trying out one of those Carlinkit’s I got from Amazon. I’ve had a few friends look into these..so in case you’re interested my experience is just ok (not great)..connects easily enough but there’s a slight lag. It also restarts once in a while.

Whereas my BMW M8 has wireless and it’s really great.

Here’s the link
Hey small update - I no longer am using the carlinkit and just can’t recommend it. It’s not reliable..I’d peg it as working about 60% of the time. It always starts up just fine, connects just fine, but within 20-30 minutes there’s a high chance of it cutting out and never reconnecting. That’s always the time I’m warmed up and highway cruising, bad time to try and replug and such.
So I’m back to usb and it’s great.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
My Car2play works flawlessly connecting 100% of the time with my iphone in the wife's Mercedes. Truly liberating to use Carplay with my iphone in my pocket. Best $130 i spent.

·
Registered
111 Posts
My Car2play works flawlessly connecting 100% of the time with my iphone in the wife's Mercedes. Truly liberating to use Carplay with my iphone in my pocket. Best $130 i spent.
Are you using one in your lambo? I’m doubting it is the unit and think it’s the car that’s the issue

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Are you using one in your lambo? I’m doubting it is the unit and think it’s the car that’s the issue
You are prolly right. I’ve used it in wife’s Mercedes and rental Equinox and was impressed by its consistency and ease of use. I had to have wireless active on my IPhone X before starting the car.

·
Premium Member
21,085 Posts
I am glad I read this today as I was finally going to buy the Carlink. I will look at getting the Car2play instead. Thanks!

Edit: I tried to Google it and I just keep getting Carlink? Have I got the name wrong?

·
Registered
581 Posts
My 2022 Urus also has wireless CarPlay

·
Premium Member
21,085 Posts

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,793 Posts
^^From all indications, and for reasons that escape me, the infotainment system to include Alexa appears, from forum member reports, to work better on the Urus than on the Huracan.

·
Premium Member
21,085 Posts
^^From all indications, and for reasons that escape me, the infotainment system to include Alexa appears, from forum member reports, to work better on the Urus than on the Huracan.
And wireless CarPlay as well. I guess until I get my Bluetooth dropping issue fixed it wouldn’t matter if it’s wireless or not.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I’m the OP. My 2022 Urus arrives this week to replace my 2021 Urus pearl capsule. So happy to hear it’s wireless CarPlay now. I was told by SA that it was but I don’t have faith in what they say sometimes. My wife hated having to plug her phone in because it doesn’t really fit in the charging pad in the center console when plugged in.

You can tell it was designed to have wireless CarPlay. I don’t know why Lamborghini turned it off in the software.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Wireless CarPlay is a huge battery drain. I don’t understand why people get so bent over about wired.
The phone doesn’t fit in the place it was designed to while plugged in. There is also a wireless charging pad right there. To me it’s stupid to wirelessly charge but not have CarPlay or plug it in but then having to have the phone on the passenger seat or cup holder.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts