Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In case somebody is looking for it, there is a dongle called carlinkit (Carlinkit Wireless CarPlay Adapter 2020 for Audi Volvo: Amazon.de: Elektronik) which makes the carplay wireless. I bought the latest one called the version 2.

For me the value is keeping my iphone always in my pocket or in the bag where I don't need to take it out and maneuver to connect to the usb cable. Just a convenience thing.

note that your car should have the carplay, if you don't have it, this doesnt work.

the idea is good. keeping the phone in the pocket and no need to try to connect to cable etc.

Here are things you should keep in mind:
  • Basically it is a proxy tool which makes your iphone connect to the dongle wirelessly via carplay. Then it connects to Evo's carplay with the cable. So you keep the dongle plugged to the huracan all the time. but your phone is always wireless
  • stability: with iphone 11 pro max. it generally works ok. However, there are times when it doesn't connect. Then you need to unlock your phone and go to bluetooth settings to connect manually, then it works. Sometimes audio disappears e.g. when you use siri. if you want zero annoyance this is not the tool.
  • lag: there is about half a second lag but not really important.
  • overall, not so stable like the evo's carplay which is pretty good. However, not bad neither.
so i'll see in the next week or so whether i keep it or remove it. so far 50/50 value vs. instability.

There is a detailed review of the dongle here: CarLinkit 2.0 Wireless Apple CarPlay Dongle Review - CarPlay Life

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thank you for your review, i am also considering buying one.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Which one did you get, for which car brand ?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i think it is all the same hardware as long as it is v2, i have a black one. updated it to the latest firmware with its updater. my only concern is stability, it always annoys me when things don't work well.

if I can find a good quality qi charging pad which fits in huracan's phone slot, it can be even more useful together.

·
Registered
757 Posts
The inability for it to wirelessly connect the majority of the time would be a dealbreaker for me. Having to unlock the phone and manually connect via bluetooth defeats the whole purpose of having wireless Carplay, the convenience.

·
Registered
757 Posts
I ordered the CPLAY2air wireless adapter for my wife's Mercedes but if it's as unreliable as the one above, I will return it.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ordered the CPLAY2air wireless adapter for my wife's Mercedes but if it's as unreliable as the one above, I will return it.

that one might be the one with 2.4ghz wifi, the version2 is 5ghz wifi and more reliable.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Got the same one in the urus it’s fantastic! No issues with drop off etc u may need to upgrade to latest firmware - make sure you get the mode with the detachable usb c cable as that’s the latest

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i noticed that the music not playing problem is a bug of spotify. it works pretty well with the apple music.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts