Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who can tell me the numbers on the distributor cap of his P300? I have the suspicion that my numbers are set off. In the pic you can see the finger of the distributor pointing towards cylinder 1 ignition timing (piston of cylinder 1 is set at AA), so right there should be the contact of wire #1, right? as you can see, on my distributor this is number 8.

Attachments

·
Registered
650 Posts
A friend just helped a guy with a P-250. He had a Ferrari 308 cap...it is identical to the Lambo cap, but the 308 firing order is completely different from the Lambo and obviously those cap numbers are meaningless ! :confused:

Paul

·
Registered
650 Posts
A clarification...An original Marelli Urraco cap only had #1 indicated on top. The Ferrari 308 cap which is much more readily available, even if manufactured in China, always had the firing order numbers on top !

If you were not paying attention and wired your Urraco like a 308...it would not run !

Paul

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know that the 308 and the Alfa Montreal had the same cap, but none matches the indicated firing order. anyway I ignored the little numbers, but had to pay attention. ;-)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts