Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a NorCal recommendation on repairing some windshield rock pits on a Huracan? I know there is a national company that AAA uses but I am not sure if they are good when it comes to applying resin/filling the pitted spots.

·
Registered
186 Posts
In the same vein, has anyone had windshield protection film applied? I tried calling two shops, and both told me that they never had a good result with any film, so they dropped them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
In the same vein, has anyone had windshield protection film applied? I tried calling two shops, and both told me that they never had a good result with any film, so they dropped them.
I get my PPF done at Premier but they don't protect the windshield. They said it doesn't last and there is slight distortion that causes issues. That said, there is a company called Exoshield that sells a solution. I am not endorsing it as I personally have not had it applied to any of my cars. There is a dealer in Morgan Hill and San Leandro.

·
Premium Member
1,898 Posts
Having rock chips filled in will never look that good, if like my state where glass if free I would take a hammer to it so it needs a new windshield. I have not had to do windshield on my Huracan but did have to replace on my R8. I used a shop that was recommended to me by Audi dealership who they use. It was a family owned operation and not one of the big chain places so I would recommend finding one like that in your area. Could Try calling Lambo dealer and ask who they use. Most of my drives are with my friends and our type of cars have big sticky tires that tend to throw up a lot of rocks and I was always getting multiple little chips so I decided to try protection on my Huracan. Found a local shop who does it and couldnt believe price was $120 and they do an excellent job. Guts at my local film protection stopped doing it because they said was a pain and they looked at my car after it was done and could not believe the job they did and how little charged. It is almost impossible to tell it's on car and I have heard a number of rocks hit it but no marks at all. If anyone in MA area is interested in getting it done I can get you contact info, I also had them do my window tint and they were less than others

·
Registered
372 Posts
I had “Clearplex” installed on my windshield. It works great. Have had a couple rock chips hit the windshield, no damage. I think it’s nationally distributed, lots of installers. Google it.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I had clear-plex professionally installed on the Superleggera at an AD in Calgary. I was very impressed. It was virtually invisible and saved me from a few chips.

One of the guys in our group is coming over tomorrow. He’s done a few installs on exotics, and we are going to install it on my Huracan.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had clear-plex professionally installed on the Superleggera at an AD in Calgary. I was very impressed. It was virtually invisible and saved me from a few chips.

One of the guys in our group is coming over tomorrow. He’s done a few installs on exotics, and we are going to install it on my Huracan.

I couldn't find a current Clear-plex dealer in NorCal. They seemed to have discontinued their relationship.

However, I did have ExoShield by Alchemy installed by Tint World. What a cluster F! The POS installation and continued issues with the film on the shield makes me want to stay far away from these kinds of solutions. While good in concept, it is when you actually have it installed and are saddened by the results is when you reconsider improving or mitigating aspects of the car :mad::tdown:

·
Premium Member
1,898 Posts
Guess I'm lucky that I found local guys who do it for cheap money and great install. So good that I forgot it was even on last year which caused me to ruin it. I did a rally and put a decal on top of windshield, when I took it off noticed some adhesive left behind so did what I always did, take a razor blade to it. Oops that marked it up and had to replace

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.