Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to tint the passenger and driver side glass on the Diablo. And since I don't like anybody working on my car, I want to do it. Has anybody done this themselves? It would seem to be pretty easy, but visions of bad air bubble jobs come to mind. Surely it can't be that hard. Any particular brand? And what about visibility afterward? I'm concerned about night driving and making matters worse.

·
Registered
584 Posts
A few years ago I did some windows in my house. Home Depot sells a kit and it's easy to do..... EXCEPT car windows are different. You have to leave an uncut edge on the top. Plus there are laws on the % of tint you can have, I think FL is 35%.

The real "bear" is the little rear windows.... that's where it will be a real pain. I just got done treating the leather yesterday back there...made for midgets.

But if you insist...not that hard. Take a roll of film and cut a pattern from the outside of the window. Spray the window with soapy water (like dawn dish soap). Peel the back of the tape and stick it on. You'll have about 2-3 minutes to "move" it around before the soap dries. Then with the squeegie (sp) go over it to take air bubbles and soapy water out. Done.

·
Premium Member
988 Posts
Try this at your own risk!

Raymond,
Rent a car that has a similiar window style and experiment on it. :eek: I guarantee the larger rental car companies wouldn't even notice.

It's easy when you have done a few. The first one is usually a disaster! The second one, you're ready to open your own business!

One tip: Move very fast and lots of soapy water. :yes:

·
Registered
584 Posts
LOL - Funny but true. Or just do it on a house window to get the hang of it.

Also if you do it, cover the leather real good so soapy water does not splash on it... or if you have it done tell that guy not to get any on the leather. Thick concentration of soap can leave white marks that are next to impossible to get off.

Good Luck ! Post a pix of u do it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts