Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
Discussion Starter #1
I want to tint my driver & passenger side windows. Any recommendations on type of tint and % of tint?

Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
Here you go Russ for Hawaii......In Texas there can't be less than 25% light transmission or it will fail inspection. So I went with 25%.........

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Albert, looks like I can go 35% here. I was it going to do it but I was looking at my car today and I just thought how much nicer it would look with those side windows tinted.

Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
Thanks Albert, looks like I can go 35% here. I was it going to do it but I was looking at my car today and I just thought how much nicer it would look with those side windows tinted.
Had ours tinted prior to delivery, and I am glad I did. The dark tinted windows, black wheels, orange calipers, and the Blu Cepheus paint really look every bit like a mean dream machine. Plus ZERO GLARE!!!

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #5
Had ours tinted prior to delivery, and I am glad I did. The dark tinted windows, black wheels, orange calipers, and the Blu Cepheus paint really look every bit like a mean dream machine. Plus ZERO GLARE!!!
I wish I would鈥檝e thought to have them do it before I picked the car up, but didn鈥檛 realize I really wanted it. Did you do just the side windows or the rear window as well?

Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
I wish I would鈥檝e thought to have them do it before I picked the car up, but didn鈥檛 realize I really wanted it. Did you do just the side windows or the rear window as well?
Russ I did the side windows, windshield, and the small bit of glass between the engine and the cabin. I did not do the rear bonnet glass....heck I want to see the engine art! I had everything tinted @25% which, as we I mentioned, is the legal limit for Texas.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #7
Russ I did the side windows, windshield, and the small bit of glass between the engine and the cabin. I did not do the rear bonnet glass....heck I want to see the engine art! I had everything tinted @25% which, as we I mentioned, is the legal limit for Texas.
Sounds nice. I will just do the 2 side windows. The small glass behind the seats is always down so no need.

Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
Sounds nice. I will just do the 2 side windows. The small glass behind the seats is always down so no need.
Are you going to tint the windshield?

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #9
Are you going to tint the windshield?
No I only want the 2 side windows but if no one is willing to do it without taking the door panels off I just won鈥檛 tint them.

Registered
2020 Huracan EVO RWD
I had the dealer throw it in as part of the negotiation. He had some guy come and do it at the dealership between the deposit and delivery a few hours later. Makes a huge difference! Did the three side windows on each side lol. Dealer said they normally do it for around $275

Attachments

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #12
I鈥檓 sold just have to find the right shop to do it.

Registered
Hi Russk,

I agree you have to find the right shop, my car door panels were not removed. I went with 50% on windshield and both side mirrors with xpel prime XR. This films blocks a ton of heat and provides great visibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Member
Hi Russk,

I agree you have to find the right shop, my car door panels were not removed. I went with 50% on windshield and both side mirrors with xpel prime XR. This films blocks a ton of heat and provides great visibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is what was used on mine and Russ like your state mine is 35% and I think it looks great. And again I suggest you do back window, you can go darker there and I did 25%, great for cutting down headlights from behind at night. Seems in spyders you can't just flip the mirror to do that?

Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
Went 25% all the way around and love it. Looks real :cool:. The only thing I did not tint is the engine bonnet; that would be unwise for it would kill the centerpiece of the Coupe.

Premium Member
Even if I could do 25% all around I'm not sure I would. The 25% is great during the day but I find the older I get my night time vision gets worse and darker tints make it worse

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #17
That is what was used on mine and Russ like your state mine is 35% and I think it looks great. And again I suggest you do back window, you can go darker there and I did 25%, great for cutting down headlights from behind at night. Seems in spyders you can't just flip the mirror to do that?
I will ask my installer to use Xpel Prime XR 35% on mine as well.

Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
Whatever works, it's all good! Though, I love the 25%...............

Premium Member
Here in MA can get a ticket for 25% and also would have to remove for yearly inspection

1 - 20 of 59 Posts