Lamborghini Talk banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
yes but the noise is an indicator of excessive turbulence. Once I knew that I had to remove the PPF.
What PPF did you remove....just the uprights?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I had a single piece on the wing that covered the top side and wrapped around the underside ending just before the inlets. The PPF on the wing was 100% of the problem. It is so nice to be driving with the windows open and only hearing that wonderful NA V10. No more whistling

·
Registered
774 Posts
The new wing is PPF-ed.
It sometimes make a quiet noise, similar to prior noise, but less frequent, and lower in volume. Will continue to monitor.

As a side note, after adjusting the headlight height, WOW they adjusted them really high. Much higher than I thought would be possible. You can see everything. There is no need for high beams. I suspect the consequence is that they may blind on-coming traffic. But so far, no one has flashed their lights at me, or honked, or anything.
How did they raise the headlights? We have talked about it on the forums but no one has any before or after comments or if it’s even possible except you that has had it done.

·
Registered
317 Posts
How did they raise the headlights? We have talked about it on the forums but no one has any before or after comments or if it’s even possible except you that has had it done.
I took the car to the dealership and they adjusted them via a computer, that's all I know. I could see it on my dash cam recording. They would fiddle with some settings on the laptop (connected to the car), and then the headlight beams would angle up a bit. They did this for a while.

They are wonderfully elevated where I can see beyond the horizon. I'm not going to ask them to adjust them down, I haven't had any complaints so far.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
This is why the PPF on the wing whistles. If you look closely at my picture of the wing edges there is a very small gap in the PPF creating turbulence, hence a whistling noise

I installed temporary tape on this edge as a test and guess what? no more whistle sound

Attachments

·
Registered
317 Posts
This is why the PPF on the wing whistles. If you look closely at my picture of the wing edges there is a very small gap in the PPF creating turbulence, hence a whistling noise

I installed temporary tape on this edge as a test and guess what? no more whistle sound
WOW! This is potentially an important discovery. If all it takes is removal of that leading edge, then we won't need to remove all of the film. I'm going to look at the same area on my wing and see if the gap is there and then cover it up. Will report back with results.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
The annoying whistle returned....IMO it could only be due to the extreme pressure coming out of the ALA vents under the wing so any film that is not 100 % perfectly flat causes the issue

I removed the PPF off the wing but kept it on the uprights and it has gone

I liked the look of the raw FC so much I went on to remove it off the rear bumper FC areas as well.. To me it looked like plastic with the film on it

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Hi Fabo

I am planning to remove the wrap from the wind as well what’s the best way to get it off??
Just peel it off completely do I need to heat up the plastic ???
Thanks !!!

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Hi Fabo

I am planning to remove the wrap from the wind as well what’s the best way to get it off??
Just peel it off completely do I need to heat up the plastic ???
Thanks !!!
It should just peel off....if you do find it hard, yes heat it up with a hairdryer or heat gun...it should be very easy....it took me best of a few minutes

·
Registered
2 Posts
Here is a video directly from the spoiler, with better audio, i also have PPF on it, will try to remove it and see if the noise disappears.

instagram.com/tv/B8JNkV6lIjj

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Here is a video directly from the spoiler, with better audio, i also have PPF on it, will try to remove it and see if the noise disappears.

instagram.com/tv/B8JNkV6lIjj
It will def. disappear. I removed my PPF off the wing and no more noise

·
Registered
143 Posts
If it makes you feel better was just in my friends HP and the same noise is there. I've been toying about what car to get next, but there is the least of my worries. From what I've researched this is one solid car

·
Registered
317 Posts
I've decided to live with the wind noise. After a year, it really doesn't bother me and I do not notice. It just fades into the background. There are many other sounds, most are mechanical, all are part of the Performante symphony. My wife says to shut up and enjoy it. So I have.

·
Vendor
2,399 Posts
I've decided to live with the wind noise. After a year, it really doesn't bother me and I do not notice. It just fades into the background. There are many other sounds, most are mechanical, all are part of the Performante symphony. My wife says to shut up and enjoy it. So I have.
Another test you can do, if you aren't 100% it's the wing, is after you wash the car, don't dry it. Drive it as soon as your spray it down. Usually the water will mask any noise and that will also tell you if it's a seal somewhere on the windows.

·
Registered
39 Posts
This is why forums are awesome. Info sharing with the community can reveal answers to problems!! I just have a regular 610-4 and I read every post to see how the mystery was solved. Good work folks!

·
Premium Member
2020 Aventador SVJ
2 Posts
I did the test. I added PPF to my entire car immediately after taking delivery. I had a very substantial whistling sound that I assumed was due to a defect in the wing. I WAS WRONG. I removed my PPF today and now there is absolutely no whistling sound whatsoever. While I do not completely understand the physics involved apparently the whistling noise is due to turbulence which must either be related to a difference in textures between the natural finish of the wing and the PPF surface or it could simply be due to the exposed edge of the PPF. I spoke to my installer today to ask whether he had experienced anything like this. He told me that a number of the Porsches he wrapped had a problem with the side mirrors whistling after PPF was applied. All I can say it is wonderful to drive the car between 40-70 mph and not have that annoying sound.
Hi guys, funnily enough, I think I’ve got the same problem you do on my new Aventador SVJ. It is fully PPF including the wing. Unfortunately I never drove it before installing the protection. Mine creates an annoying kind of whistle noise coming from the back more to the right side and it only starts doing it at 74mph. Never under that speed. After reading your very interesting chat, I suspect I must be experiencing the same problem only on a different car. When I return home to England next month, I will remove the ppf from the wing and report back. Hopefully this will fix my problem also.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Ok I have received my car back from the dealership.
The entire spoiler was replaced under warranty.
Good news: the noise is gone (so far).
Bad news:
1. Dealership needed exactly 4 weeks to get this done. Car was there during the 4 weeks, and after all said and done, the dealership added on 79 miles. 79 miles?! All from "test driving."
2. Need to get the new wing PPF-ed again. It's got swirls already, presumably from the factory.

I'm not used to this kinda of turn around time. Other cars (albeit not exotics) have rarely needed much time at all for stuff to get done.
79 miles? That's absurd.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts