Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://youtu.be/EoQChCeYF2M

I have owned the HP for about a month and
I have noticed a lot of wind noise lately (turbulence air flow ) when the car accelerate to around 50/60km/hr. It sound like a lot of whistling, the video was recorded in strada mode with window shut.

I didn’t notice that in the first 2 weeks of ownership. Does it sound normal?

I didn’t notice that in my previous 610 coupe.
I wonder whether it is because of the spoiler.
Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I don't hear anything unusual...sounds normal to me

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
13,071 Posts
I hear a whistle, not normal. It shouldn’t make that sound, something is causing it and I’m sure it won’t be easy to locate the source. I heard similar sounds from the door closure not being secure or a window not seating fully when up.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Heard the same whistle from day 1. And it could be heard from outside during my wife taking it onto the track while I was watching her in action so the speculation of a bad seal could be eliminated a. I assumed it being the sound going thru the rear spoiler vent since it would go away after 40mph.

·
Premium Member
13,071 Posts
Heard the same whistle from day 1. And it could be heard from outside during my wife taking it onto the track while I was watching her in action so the speculation of a bad seal could be eliminated a. I assumed it being the sound going thru the rear spoiler vent since it would go away after 40mph.
Yes, didn’t think of that. Does seem to make sense.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Take it to the dealer and have them take a ride with you. Its hard to tell by the video but i had a similar whistle around the same speed and it turned out to be the rear wing. They ended up replacing it. what the tech did to determine it was the wing was cover up the slits where the air escapes and it went away. good luck and let us know what happens.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I mentioned the same thing to the dealer when I test drove one and he said it was normal, all the cars had It something to do with the air filters being close etc

·
Registered
122 Posts
I mentioned the same thing to the dealer when I test drove one and he said it was normal, all the cars had It something to do with the air filters being close etc
They are referring to a different sound. When you accelerate you will hear a hissing but this is different.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just some update, I drove the car with the service manager a few weeks ago, we both agree that the noise is abnormal and seem to be getting louder the faster we go/push.
Also drove another HP in the dealership and the wind noise definitely not as profound.
I will bring it in for check/fix laterin mid August as they are busy moving the dealership to a new location.

·
Registered
317 Posts
What ever happened after your visit to the dealer?

I'm having the EXACT SAME NOISE as you. Your video is spot on.
Same scenario for me.
Funny enough is that I also didn't hear it for the first two weeks, then it started around week three.
Occurs also around 40 - 60 mph.

Then it went away, then it came back.
I'm interested in hearing if you ever fixed it permanently.
For reference this is the coupe version, MY 2019.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Basically went for a drive with the technician who also agreed that the noise is abnormal

He finally identified the source of turbulence was from the spoiler. Apparently he taped all the vent underneath the spoiler and the noise went away.
So he ordered a new spoiler and basically replaced the rear section and it’s all fine now!! It’s all done under warranty.

·
Premium Member
13,071 Posts
That’s a good technician and glad to hear all covered by warranty.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Basically went for a drive with the technician who also agreed that the noise is abnormal

He finally identified the source of turbulence was from the spoiler. Apparently he taped all the vent underneath the spoiler and the noise went away.
So he ordered a new spoiler and basically replaced the rear section and it’s all fine now!! It’s all done under warranty.
Thanks for your response.
I think I will need to do this.

I'm not sure if the wing is my problem though. When driving at cold weather, the ALA system shuts down completely. I took that opportunity to test it out again and it still makes the noise. I would guess that with ALA off, the entire spoiler is not letting air through so it would be similar to having the vents taped shut? The noise is very reproducible for me, anytime from 40-60 mph. Sometimes up to 70 mph.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If it is easily reproducible, perhaps just drive it with the technician and hope they can work out a solution for you.

Mine was always there when the speed exceed 60/70km/hr

·
Registered
317 Posts
I was peeking at the under panels of the car and wondered if the noise could also be coming from there.

Towards the front of the car, there are these two deflectors/vanes that stick down from the body of the car, one on each side, behind the front wheels. They are rubber, measure about an inch in height, and angle back and slightly down, more so that I would have thought. Can anyone confirm what these are supposed to look like? Are they present on all Huracans?

If someone could take a picture of theirs, I'd be most thankful! I'd like to compare mine to yours to see if there's any difference in positioning that could be contributing to noise. For lack of a better description, mine look a little saggy haha.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Any one with pictures?
Any picture of the undercarriage or underneath of the front of the car would be helpful so that I can compare mine to yours.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts