Lamborghini Talk banner

Will non OEM seats affect value of an LP Gallardo?

1964 Views 21 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  Jinster
It's an 09 Gallardo, these seats are clearly new/reupholstered with this bizarre pattern I've never seen in a Gallardo. i'm assuming the seats are new based on the fact that the leather also looks new. Was looking at purchasing the car and wanted to know if the seats will affect the long-term value and if this can lead to any negotiating room.

Attachments

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

· Registered
244 Posts
Why not just get a pre-LP? Believe it or not, most of the pre-lp guys bought them because they specifically wanted that one for the sound and a few other options. In another post you said "From what understand, the LPs are a little more reliable with longer lasting clutches. I could be completely wrong though. I also prefer how they look over pre-lp, however, the pre-lps sound amazing, you are correct about that. "

You can have an LP clutch put into a pre-lp, OR you can go kevlar. You can also have the egear software updated if you go with an auto. If the looks really bug you that much, Renown has a deal on the forum right now for the LP570 bumper and an RSC lp560 bumper can be had, too. Instead of buying a problematic LP car, look into spending your budget on a nice pre-LP, budget $5k for the bumper+paint, and when your clutch goes out just hit up hi-tech exotic for a kevlar one.

It would check all the boxes. Budget, looks, clutch life, sound, and no stress over how it was maintained.

· Registered
212 Posts
To quote Barney: She's ugly. She's ugly. She ugs in the ugly.

When considering resale value, just ask yourself if you would buy the car like this. If you won't, then many others won't either, resale values goes down. Or, if you can put up with it, but understand why many others won't, then resale values goes down.

Asking the question is almost implying a type of hopeful thinking.... you get it for cheap because of the ugly seats, and hopefully others won't mind buying it from you for high when you sell. How would that ever work....

21 - 22 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.