Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Other type 'experimental' power or Fuel Cell

Votes: 5 50.0%
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Every one they can make.
In Florida, they are going for 20,000 dollars over MSRP.
I think you're missing the point. The Hellcat is not a commercial success despite its high residual - there's just not enough broad market demand. The Model 3/Model Y sell hundreds of thousands of units and the market sees enough of a future in the Tesla lineup that its currently the most valuable automotive company ever by a factor of 2X.

Its natural for all of these cars to become obsolete over time.

·
Registered
2011 LP560-4 Spyder / Blu Fontus
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Go ahead people, VOTE....it's private. So far 479 views and only 8 votes ?? Everybody on the fence about the whole thing !

·
Registered
35 Posts
I think you're missing the point. The Hellcat is not a commercial success despite its high residual - there's just not enough broad market demand. The Model 3/Model Y sell hundreds of thousands of units and the market sees enough of a future in the Tesla lineup that its currently the most valuable automotive company ever by a factor of 2X.

Its natural for all of these cars to become obsolete over time.
Not a commercial success? How many generations of Mustangs and Camaros have we seen since the current Challenger generation was introduced back in 2008. Dodge is killing it with these things and the lack of having to go back to the drawing board for a new gen every few years certainly helps. Thankfully for Ford they keep selling those ugly things to offset all of the new design costs.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD (Ordered)
5,741 Posts
@Rcasa20, sad to say I have never owned an American car. What would you recommend because I sure as hell don't want anything electric, well, of course, with the exception of my household appliances. :giggle:

·
Premium Member
5,741 Posts
Go ahead people, VOTE....it's private. So far 479 views and only 8 votes ?? Everybody on the fence about the whole thing !
Did my friend but had to hold my breath to get past the disdain. Give me NA engine or give me death.......well, maybe that's just a tad too melodramatic.

·
Premium Member
5,741 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
@Rcasa20, sad to say I have never owned an American car. What would you recommend because I sure as hell don't want anything electric, well, of course, with the exception of my household appliances. :giggle:
I've got a modded Hellcat Redeye that I absolutely love and the dealership experience is top notch but my dream is a Lambo. I wasn't planning on moving out of the Redeye (10.2 1/4 and 2.61 0-60) anytime soon but since Lambo announced they're going electric I'm pulling the cord and planning on ordering a 2022 within the next couple of months. To answer your question, everyone at some point should own a Wrangler in their life, been there done that twice. Ford F150 is freaking solid but I am now leaning toward Ram in the future thanks to my awesome Dodge experience. So, there are a few, I hope I didn't offend anybody being that we are owners of domestic products!!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Wait, you’re from Central TX and you’ve never owned American? You’re not like my cuz in Houston who not only has never owned an American truck, he doesn’t have a single gun and doesn’t own a pair of boots??!! 🤠

·
Premium Member
5,741 Posts
:giggle: I am a Texan by way of Brooklyn NY. Though, my friend, we have quite a few guns and boots. ;)

Reactions: Rcasa20

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Im a bad man for hire. Pay me $10 and I’ll vote!
@FontusBluG, not for anything but if @AngelOfMurci gets $10 I want at least $20.........no, no make it $30.
I’ll stuff the ballot box for $40
Ok, OK........ I get it. I agree, it's like pulling teeth to make a decision yet about what could possibly be the best route forward there.... I say the ICE will always rule for maximum overall intrinsic driver experience. We just have to figure out what is tolerable to drive for basic daily transportation. I guess it's time we have to make some sacrifices for the longevity of mankind......geez, what are the grandkids in for? Whenever a discussion like this gets going anybody else think of that RUSH song 'Red Barchetta' !! That song came out in 1981 ......
Lyrics
My uncle has a country place
No one knows about
He says it used to be a farm
Before the "Motor Law"
And on Sundays I elude the eyes
And hop the turbine freight
To far outside the wire
Where my white-haired uncle waits
Jump to the ground
As the turbo slows to cross the borderline
Run like the wind
As excitement shivers up and down my spine
Down in his barn
My uncle preserved for me an old machine
For 50 odd years
To keep it as new has been his dearest dream
I strip away the old debris
That hides a shining car
A brilliant red Barchetta
From a better vanished time
We fire up the willing engine
Responding with a roar
Tires spitting gravel
I commit my weekly crime
Wind in my hair
Shifting and drifting
Mechanical music
Adrenaline surge
Well-weathered leather
Hot metal and oil
The scented country air
Sunlight on chrome
The blur of the landscape
Every nerve aware
Suddenly ahead of me
Across the mountainside
A gleaming alloy air car
Shoots towards me, two lanes wide
I spin around with shrieking tires
To run the deadly race
Go screaming through the valley
As another joins the chase
Drive like the wind
Straining the limits of machine and man
Laughing out loud with fear and hope
I've got a desperate plan
At the one-lane bridge
I leave the giants stranded at the riverside
Race back to the farm
To dream with my uncle at the fireside

A classic rock song that had some uncanny insight into the future we are beginning to experience

·
Premium Member
5,741 Posts
Next time post the song......that is why God made YouTube. :giggle:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Next time post the song......that is why God made YouTube. :giggle:
Haha. You are correct, I love that song but I just figured there are some who could care less about it. Plus, you really have to carefully listen to it (several times I did) to get the full understanding of it. Decided might be better to make my point clear to all with a visual (even the 13 year olds can read by now I hope) (y)

·
Premium Member
5,741 Posts
Haha. You are correct, I love that song but I just figured there are some who could care less about it. Plus, you really have to carefully listen to it (several times I did) to get the full understanding of it. Decided might be better to make my point clear to all with a visual (even the 13 year olds can read by now I hope) (y)
That is why I thought you posted the lyrics.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts