Lamborghini Talk banner

121 - 128 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
11,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
I suppose at the end of the day, John is the only one who can get in trouble. I do think the post was written more tongue in cheek.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Some good stories here, haha.

I owned my first Gallardo before I met my wife. I didn't tell her about my cars right away, and when she later learned about them she didn't really care. She's not really into cars, but doesn't mind that I am. When I proposed the idea of buying my SL and selling my 2006 G, she basically was like "whatever, it's your money". She has her own consulting business, and aside from our mortgage, and costs related to our child, we keep our finances separate. So for the most part she doesn't mind what I buy and vice versa.

·
Registered
11,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
Some good stories here, haha.

I owned my first Gallardo before I met my wife. I didn't tell her about my cars right away, and when she later learned about them she didn't really care. She's not really into cars, but doesn't mind that I am. When I proposed the idea of buying my SL and selling my 2006 G, she basically was like "whatever, it's your money". She has her own consulting business, and aside from our mortgage, and costs related to our child, we keep our finances separate. So for the most part she doesn't mind what I buy and vice versa.
That’s the go.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Thanks Bruce. My wife will let me do anything I want. However , if I come up with a crazy idea she will make me see how ridiculous it is. That way I still make the decision but with my eyes wide open. I think often in life we make decisions based more on emotion than reason. If a decision appeals to both our reason and emotion even if risky will usually turn out well. Making decisions on pure emotion is a very risky venture at best.Lee

·
Registered
2 Posts
We been together since middle school, 27 years total... TBH me and my wife are probably completely opposite on all aspects in life... probably only had one big argument in our relationship....
My wife read this post and giggled...
TBH... I totally understand where everyone’s is coming at...
That’s just how our relationship is...
We both came from nothing, so materials doesn’t mean everything to us...
We all have the same outcome in the end..
I answered honestly and no shame here...
After I brought the car, she told me happy anniversary present!!!!

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Guys, some great stories. Thanks for making me laugh.

I was hunting for a manual Murci and found one that had been purchased and repaired by a well known Lambo enthusiast (who shall remain nameless). It was the right color combo I wanted and was ready to pull the trigger. My wife and I did some digging on the web and found the original news story of the crash of the car. Let's just say, the damage was more than was originally explained. She forbade me to buy that car.

Shortly thereafter the manual 50th G came on the radar and she said let's go to Houston and see it. We bought it a week later. She loves riding in the car, just hates the carbon racing seats.

I recently mentioned it needed a stable mate to feel comfortable when we travel (we travel quite a bit for business and Patriots games). All she said was "I want you to have one that the doors go up" :) In like flint!

To be fair, I did take her to Prada in Italy and told her to go for it. Credit card was warm and smoldering that day.

·
Registered
121 Posts
We been together since middle school, 27 years total... TBH me and my wife are probably completely opposite on all aspects in life... probably only had one big argument in our relationship....
My wife read this post and giggled...
TBH... I totally understand where everyone’s is coming at...
That’s just how our relationship is...
We both came from nothing, so materials doesn’t mean everything to us...
We all have the same outcome in the end..
I answered honestly and no shame here...
After I brought the car, she told me happy anniversary present!!!!
Happy anniversary present!? Damn... Does she have a sister haha!

Good to hear man. Mine wasn't so accepting at first but loves it now. Usually the case for me

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

121 - 128 of 128 Posts