Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I’m starting my deep dive research into getting an early (12-15) Aventador and one thing I’ve not been able to find is the width of the car with the mirrors folded in. I know my garage doors are 8’ wide but there isn’t actually 8’ of width. It’s about 92” wide. I know that without mirrors, it’s 79” wide and with them in their normal position, the car is 89.9” wide. What is it if they are folded in? 89.9 isn’t a sufficient margin of error… ;)

·
Registered
926 Posts
Hi all. I’m starting my deep dive research into getting an early (12-15) Aventador and one thing I’ve not been able to find is the width of the car with the mirrors folded in. I know my garage doors are 8’ wide but there isn’t actually 8’ of width. It’s about 92” wide. I know that without mirrors, it’s 79” wide and with them in their normal position, the car is 89.9” wide. What is it if they are folded in? 89.9 isn’t a sufficient margin of error… ;)
It would cost around $20k to widen your garage 😀

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD (Completed!)
7,336 Posts
Why not call a (the) dealership and have them measure it for you. I wanted to buy a Corvette ZR1 so I needed to know the front end clearance because I have a pretty steep driveway. They measured it immediately and responded to me via a text message.

·
Registered
2021 Lamborghini SVJ Roadster, 2020 Ranger Rover Velar SV, 2019 Audi RS 5
78 Posts
my local lambo dealer drove the car to my house to verify if I had enough garage clearance

·
Registered
78 Posts
SVJ roadster. I have a 3 car garage (single door 8 feet and a double 16 foot door). I park in the double along side a Range Rover velar. It’s a little tight but works. I dont believe it would fit on the single 8 foot side. Looked too close to try.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It will fit through an”8’” wide door, mirrors folded.
Awesome! It's gotta be close (and stressful) pulling in! My LC500 is close, so this must be really close. Also, curious... I would ideally part it on the side of the garage that has a lift. It'd be under the lift. I wonder... when the doors open up, how straight up do they go? I'm wondering if they open "out" enough to get clear the ramps of the lift...

·
Registered
323 Posts
Your good I have an Aventador prior to that I Gallardo and both fit through the same opening although I keep it on the double garage door side

·
Registered
78 Posts
This is the space when parked in the double garage that is 16 feet wide. I beleive it’s too risky/close to squeeze into my single 8 foot side.
you can see angle with door raised

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD (Completed!)
7,336 Posts
Are those privacy covers on your license plates or did someone go on a shopping spree.:giggle:

·
Registered
926 Posts
[
I have a single and double door garage.
I’d never park a Lamborghini next to another car. Why risk getting a door dinged? that’s why I park the Lamborghini in the single door garage bay.

also, parking the lambo next to an inferior vehicle... no telling what that lambo will do to the other car when the lights are off!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts