Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This car was long time at a known long term swiss Dealer (today no more), the car stood in the garage for long time and was only used then and then.
Now a new owner bought this car, had the leaking water pump fixed, carbs overhouled and tuned, he also got my countach.ch ignition box and was satisfied and happy like a little boy.
Suddenly the water got hot and the engine begun to smoke white...

As I mentioned earlier you should change the water frequently because antifreeze looses it's anticorrosive during the years.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
The camshaft also looks extremly bad, we suppose that water from the leaking pump got into the engine's oil.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That car ran perfect after the carb tuning and with my new ignition box, they hunted the streets up and down for 4 hours and suddenly the head gasket broke...

·
Registered
584 Posts
Boy that looks bad. I think some owners look at milage only and don't take into account time parameters for simple service. Another area over looked is changing the brake fluid every year...

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
fl_355 said:
Another area over looked is changing the brake fluid every year...
every second year is enough... at this car the brake lines were stuck too.

It's a QV.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I do once a year because Florida is very very humid and I drive hard. Not to go OT, but I got in the habit with my FCar. Even 2 days on the track would require a change. Also some brake parts on that car were not rebuildable, including the calipers. Only takes a little time a few dollars for fluid, so why not? An ounce of prevention.....

Yes, these cars are meant to be driven. I would take a higher milage car with service records over a "queen" any day of the week.
:)

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yikes!

My mother's boss used to have (I'm not making this up) 110+ cars, nowadays he has somewhere around 80+. In 1988 we bought his 1 year old 300E W140 with only 800km on it. Quite safe I say. All he does in the mornings is starting his cars engines one after another for 10 minutes or so. He does not have the time to drive em all everyday. Maybe once a week. I guess warming up the engine daily is not enough protection if the car stood still for a prolonged period of time.

·
Registered
75 Posts
BlueBiturbo said:
Yikes!

My mother's boss used to have (I'm not making this up) 110+ cars, nowadays he has somewhere around 80+. Maybe once a week. I guess warming up the engine daily is not enough protection if the car stood still for a prolonged period of time.
Ouch!
A very rich men,indeed :cool:

Anyway,getting all the fluids in temp requires 20+ minutes...not only waming up the car in the garage.

·
Banned
183 Posts
That Engine Looks like a junior grade college females berries. I'd hate to be the owner of that. I've been through some tough ones, like a pre owned 5k Gallardo with shot breaks, but I 'd hate to be in you shoes Countach *****-tach*(**** Talk) owner.... :mad:

·
Banned
183 Posts
Doesn't Apply to Owner

Been Robbed by sevaraly invdivuals that I may name personally. Know there parents adress, there personell adress, there sisters adress. This person has cost me over 1,000,000 $$ in damages. Unless your rich don't respond. Thank you! :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Rufus Taddeus said:
Ouch!
A very rich men,indeed :cool:

Anyway,getting all the fluids in temp requires 20+ minutes...not only waming up the car in the garage.
Just check with him the other day. His cars are down to about 30. He said he doesn't have time for cars anymore....say what?
He was a chain smoker but never lit up a cigarette once he is inside his cars. Drives by himself up until 10 years ago. An avid car nut nonetheless.

He used to have at least 20 sets of spare wheels n tyres in one of his house and lots of spare parts for his bimmers and mercs. I even saw a couple of brand new still in plastic Recaros on his living room. Also had (at one time) 150+ mountain bikes, his whole living room smelled like bicycle rubber tyres. His bike shop must have loved him :)

He is now 70+ and (still) single.

Now that he is done with cars and mountain bikes, I wonder what is his hobby now...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Serpentine said:
That Engine Looks like a junior grade college females berries. I'd hate to be the owner of that. I've been through some tough ones, like a pre owned 5k Gallardo with shot breaks, but I 'd hate to be in you shoes Countach *****-tach*(**** Talk) owner.... :mad:
Would A PPI have caught that? What does a prospective buyer check or test to prevent this. I am looking at a 2000km 20 year old car right now and that motor photo scares the sh*t out of me? :eek: Whats a buyer to do :confused:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts