Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading tons of negative comments about evo since last year.

I had a chance to drive it a bit.

• Compared to LP 610 the sound of Huracan Evo is much much better.
  • Compared to LP 610 Spyder, the claustrophobic booth is significantly improved. I can finally fit in.
  • New sport seats are very good quality and comfortable especially when getting in and out.
  • I can finally see the road instead of the windshield frame blocking me. Half of my head was above the car on lp610. Much more room.
  • finally decent working apple carplay.
Didn't try the performante yet. I doubt I can fit in it.

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
12,595 Posts
I haven't read anything but positive comments. There was some criticism on the touch screen and with the 2021 model years you will be able to use Alexa for voice control. This should resolve most of the issues with touching the screen.

Reactions: AzusilApps

·
Registered
58 Posts
Well, Lambo in general has a "bad reputation" with the older generation in germany, besides that, i don't hear anything negative regarding the huracan (EVO) specifically.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I agree with Russk it’s an amazing car. I think the sole negative is the price loaded up Vs a used performante price and it’s rarity and aero advantages. However it’s not really a fair comparison as those cars are different and for different buyers. Those who bought new Evos have only said good things and with depreciation, it will allow for great deals for those who waited. If people go through cars quickly, it’s doubtful the often discussed Performante value even enters an equation as there are amazing deals on them still. That’s a long term consideration imho. So the Evo is the car if depreciation isn’t the biggest concern and having the best tech and Lamborghini Huracan is as it introduces AWS which is a huge benefit and is the performante tuned V10. Revised suspension and all the newest tech and lighting make it the best the H car has to offer yet.

·
Premium Member
12,595 Posts
I am looking forward to some more reviews of the EVO RWD, and I haven't seen any on the spyder yet.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Things I don't like about the EVO 4wheel steering, touch screen, LDS, and 4 wheel drive. With the RWD one just the touch screen. Love the exhaust and wheel options on the EVO's and those sport seats. I don't think the RWD has 4wheel steering??? don't really know.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Well, I do like all those things you don't (ok, touchscreen was not on my wishlist). Unfortunately the RWD does not have RWS, also not as an option. All these things that are left off the RWD is what makes the base price that low.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I’d imagine for AW Steering to exist would be all wheel drive. With rear wheels being what propels the vehicle forward it seems counterintuitive to have the rear wheels be going the opposite direction when the front wheels are only moving forward with the momentum it already has. I could be wrong physics isn’t an area of expertise!

·
Registered
579 Posts
I’d imagine for AW Steering to exist would be all wheel drive. With rear wheels being what propels the vehicle forward it seems counterintuitive to have the rear wheels be going the opposite direction when the front wheels are only moving forward with the momentum it already has. I could be wrong physics isn’t an area of expertise!
Pretty sure it's an option on Porsche GT3's and they are all RWD.

·
Premium Member
12,595 Posts
AWS is not an option on the RWD EVO. Not that I will ever miss it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
AWS always makes me think of when Honda implemented a similar system into their Prelude decades ago. I would imagine, just like with the Prelude and GT3s DXM31 mentioned, it would be very possible without AWD. But I'm no expert either!

I wonder if it's just not a desirable option, not simply an unviable one, because of how AWS would change RWD fun (ex. how would it affect throttle steering during slides, etc).

·
Premium Member
12,595 Posts
AWS always makes me think of when Honda implemented a similar system into their Prelude decades ago. I would imagine, just like with the Prelude and GT3s DXM31 mentioned, it would be very possible without AWD. But I'm no expert either!

I wonder if it's just not a desirable option, not simply an unviable one, because of how AWS would change RWD fun (ex. how would it affect throttle steering during slides, etc).
I think you’re probably right. AWS would certainly change the RWD experience and maybe not to a good one.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
AWS is possible on RWD or FWD cars without a doubt. My old Mitsubishi GTO had it like the Nissan 300ZX and other but of course very basic and not much electronically controlled. Time has changed and together with all the sensors and control possibilities the dynamics of the car can be managed perfectly. It makes the rear much more controllable and ends in feeling tht is weird for one who never drove an AWS car. The first time in the HP I felt the rear was unstable compared to the non AWS cars. But it was definitely not. After running fast to several turns I became comfortable as I gained trust in the system and what the ingeneers but on the wheels.

IMHO, it is much more noteable on cars with longer wheelbase like the Aventador. On our cars it makes it more agile and faster in turns, but nothing one will probably notice on public roads.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
are you able to fit properly to performante spyder with comfort seats? there is no sports seat option, correct? it has either the carbon ones or the comfort.

·
Premium Member
12,595 Posts
are you able to fit properly to performante spyder with comfort seats? there is no sports seat option, correct? it has either the carbon ones or the comfort.
The new Sport Seats are only offered in the EVOs. They also still have the Race seat available, but the Sport seat is much more comfortable and has 6 different adjustments.

·
Registered
454 Posts
My 991 GT3 was RWD with rear axle steering.

"Rear-axle steering
Fitted as standard, rear-axle steering combines performance and everyday driveability. An electromechanical adjustment system at each rear wheel enables the steering angle to be adapted based on the current driving situation, steering input and vehicle speed.

Advantage at low speeds: the system steers the rear wheels in the opposite direction to that of the front wheels. This has the virtual effect of shortening the wheelbase. Negotiating tight corners becomes a more dynamic experience, while parking becomes easier to manage and the turning circle is reduced.

Advantage at higher speeds: the system steers the rear wheels in the same direction as that of the front wheels. Thanks to this virtual extension of the wheelbase, driving stability and agility are increased – especially in the event of fast lane changes or during overtaking manoeuvres on the racetrack."

Pretty sure it's an option on Porsche GT3's and they are all RWD.
Comes standard with the 991 GT3's.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So the problem is mainly the asking price is too high? Currently that's around 300k EUR for an spyder evo with decent options. How much was the performante spyder when it was released?

·
Registered
78 Posts
So the problem is mainly the asking price is too high? Currently that's around 300k EUR for an spyder evo with decent options. How much was the performante spyder when it was released?
My performante spyder MSRP was $370k - car was pretty much loaded. To get the same in an Evo Spyder you'd probably be at $340k, but you would also have to add more $ for the paint since Verde Mantis was $4800 and now it's $9800 (same with Giallo Inti and Arancio Boreali)

·
Premium Member
12,595 Posts
In Hawaii there is a $20K premium added to MSRP! They wave it for me now after buyer multiple cars.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts