Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 165 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Strong words yes but I can't deny how I feel. Love how they try and sell you on it's a more modern look. Like anyone would say your car is outdated because it doesn't have a junk touch screen. That screen is a petri dish to say the least. Streaming bluetooth from my iphone keeps dropping, when you mute and then unmute the songs have played forward during muting (old one didn't). I'm constantly looking down to fiddle f*** with this piece of junk. I think the buttons of old looked better then the screen and were a lot more tactile. I could easily turn on the heated seats, adjust temp and fan speed, mute and control volume which are the primary functions most of us use.

Don't get me started on the useless gimmick of looking down to see the steering wheel angle and torque split. Navigation on the screen is another joke. I guess they feel they absolve themselves from liability when you have to accept the terms to continue on. That should tell you something right there about the piss poor idea of the whole thing. I guess I should be happy they didn't take the toggle switches above and put them on the screen as well. I knew going in I wasn't going to like it from what I heard but I didn't know it would be this bad.

If there are any redeeming qualities about this infotainment system please post as I only have barely a week in seat time and use.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I will say this too: screens don't age well. Analog has a higher likelyhood to be timeless. Year over year, display technology will continue to improve ad infinitum. And so while the Huracan may be a gorgeous classic in 50 years, the stock infotainment system will be an eyesore in the future. That center console was built by engineers in 2013 to house a stack of sleek buttons. Not to fit an extra small clunky iPad screen.

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
I will say this too: screens don't age well. Analog has a higher likelyhood to be timeless. Year over year, display technology will continue to improve ad infinitum. And so while the Huracan may be a gorgeous classic in 50 years, the stock infotainment system will be an eyesore in the future. That center console was built by engineers in 2013 to house a stack of sleek buttons. Not to fit an extra small clunky iPad screen.
I’m planning on adding the interior ppf package that xpel has. I hope that helps over the long term but as a 49 yr old I’m not worried about 50 years from now!!

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
To be honest the other system they had previous was better and looked better then the screen.

·
Registered
2022 Huracan Evo rwd (ordered)
94 Posts
agree, didn't like how the screen responded to touches, its kinda slow, and too complicated for basic stuffs(AC, music,volumn)

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,974 Posts
I fully agree the infotainment system is extraordinarily disappointing. Now the rest of the story...............that is the reason I sold my 2021 EVO and I am hoping for a better experience with the 2022. As bad as the setup is I would have been fine with it if it worked the way it was supposed to. I had my EVO for 5 months and it was at the dealership 3 times and one time it was there for a solid week but all to no avail; they failed to fix it. The 2019 580-2 worked without a hitch and in some ways I wish I had kept it.

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What will be different with the 2022? Also what was your issue they couldn’t fix? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,974 Posts
Do you really want to know or care? :unsure:

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Not gonna lie. New EVO MMI may be dealbreaker for me the same way the GPF was for the F8.

I will have to use a new one for 15 minutes in the metal to render a more conclusive opinion.

If anything, these negative Infotainment threads have engendered a newfound appreciation for my 580’s MMI.

I daily my Huracan so ease of MMI use is key.

·
Premium Member
1,022 Posts
Do you really want to know or care? :unsure:
I’m very curious. The Lamborghini driver interfacing technology has always been a generation behind (except for the jet fighter start button), but to hear that they can’t even get it working is concerning.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,974 Posts
I’m very curious. The Lamborghini driver interfacing technology has always been a generation behind (except for the jet fighter start button), but to hear that they can’t even get it working is concerning.
Well you asked for it......................

Here was my infotainment saga:

Problem:
An issue I had with my EVO from day one is when I turn the car before I hit the “accept” button on the infotainment system screen I was greeted by God awful loud static until I hit accept and select a source and then select a song. Another issue that needed to be ferreted out is the last source and last song played should be the starting point when turning EVO back on. Instead, what happened is….static….I select a song and it starts from the same song every time even though shuffle was selected last outing.

Solutions:
Based upon the testing they thought it was caused by a faulty 5F module (see attached picture/red arrow) which houses the memory. So, what they indicated was happening is that every time I started the vehicle it did not remember the source and hence the last song played on either the internal hard drive or my pen drive in the USB port.
A new memory module was ordered with “urgent” status……….I am happy to report the part was received from Italy on this urgent status in a weeks’ time but I am not happy to report that this memory module was not the solution to the infotainment problems described above. The dealership was waiting on a software patch (?) because this issue has been occurring in a number of new EVOs. Apparently, the engineers in Italy are focused on developing a solution.
My EVO had this problem for over 3 months and was at the Austin dealership a total of 3 times (once for a solid week) for data collection and replacement of the 5F module all to no avail.

Two additional issues that had manifested which may, or may not, be part of the same software problem, DK. When changing a music track, I hear a pop or crack coming through the speakers more often than not. Also, when I was driving and the music was set to shuffle often what happened is it played a few songs, and then after a while it played those same songs over again which should not occur given, I had several gigabytes of music on both the internal hard drive and the USB pen drive.

Postscript:
I was advised that an over-the-air software patch was being developed and coming but the ETA was indeterminate.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,974 Posts
Some other issues, every time I brought my EVO in for service it came back worse for the wear that is:
1. grease on the leather behind both the driver and passenger seat and I am not talking about a few finger prints
2. my infotainment screen trim was scratched
3. the memory module cover was scuffed and scratched
4. the battery on the last visit was nearly drained.....they did not keep it on a tender while it was being serviced. It took a full day on the tender to bring the battery back to a full charge.

Addendum: so my hope is that the engineers will get their collective heads out of their collective nether regions and fix the system for MY2022.

Reactions: Rcasa20

·
Premium Member
1,022 Posts
those same songs over
Fortunately it was the Blue Stones, so you were good with that replay feature. :)

The Bluetooth on the AV is basically nonfunctional. The tune2air solution allows volume control, but always starts at the same song. I believe it’s the first playlist in alphabetical order.

Reactions: Lambo2018

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,974 Posts
Fortunately it was the Blue Stones, so you were good with that replay feature. :)
Don't mess with my Blue Stones...........my car color and their name evidences an undeniable bit of symmetry.

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I miss the buttons on my 580-2 a lot right now. Plus I think it looked better then the ridiculous screen. Everything the screen does the old one did except for the useless steering wheel angle and torque split screen. What a gimmick. I think they did it just to keep up with the Joneses in the car world. Big fail and a lot of others feel the same way.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,974 Posts
Here is what I expect, and my expectations are modest.............at least make that crappy interface work.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
18,922 Posts
My infotainment system is really frustrating me now. It worked pretty well up until about a month ago and then it started dropping my Bluetooth connection and I could not get it back. More recently and now won’t connect to Apple CarPlay. I plug it in and it doesn’t find it, this is the latest frustration. There’s more but I don’t want to go into it.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,974 Posts
My infotainment system is really frustrating me now. It worked pretty well up until about a month ago and then it started dropping my Bluetooth connection and I could not get it back. More recently and now won’t connect to Apple CarPlay. I plug it in and it doesn’t find it, this is the latest frustration. There’s more but I don’t want to go into it.
Damn, anyone want to buy a never been titled 2022 EVO RWD? :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 165 Posts