Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have yet to encounter anyone who bought a bumper from a company other than RSC (lp560 style) or Renown (lp570 style). Apparently these bumpers fit well and the dims are correct, so what is up with some of these cars and having long and disproportional bumpers? Is it an issue at the body shop? Paint shop? Or are people somehow avoiding these two very talked about companies who both dominate google search results, and instead choosing to buy some other brand that doesnt fit as well?

Example of a bumper that looks way too long (No offense if this is your car. Found it on google):

Proportional looking bumper:

I've also noticed that like 90% of the conversions I see have terrible paint match problems. Heres an example:

·
Registered
Gated Giallo Midas
43 Posts
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but the longer one is the LP Superleggera front and the other shorter one is the normal LP560 front.

The vent on the side is also different on the Superleggera compared to LP560.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right, but thats not what I'm talking about.

The lp570 bumper is longer and more aggressive than the lp560 bumper, sure.

But look at the first picture. That bumper is about 2x longer than the lp570 bumper. It makes the car look like someone stretched it out in photoshop.

Heres another example:

And here is a real lp570:

·
Registered
Gated Giallo Midas
43 Posts
Gotcha!

I didn't see that and I thought could maybe be the angle of the photo but doesn't look like it either.

I have the lp570 bumper and it doesn't look extended like the ones above even at the same angles for photo.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Most of them also have an atrocious gap at the front that would drive me crazy

Reactions: SpiderBull16

·
Registered
235 Posts
I'm right there with you. I've never understood how some of the lp560/lp570 bumpers are so "off" with their dimensions or why anyone would buy them. Some of them look downright silly. My check to determine the quality/dimensions of the bumpers when I was looking for my car (I wanted to find a preLP with the lp560 front bumper) was to verify that the OEM lp560 grilles were used or at a minimum that the OEM grille mounting points were exactly as is on a real lp560 bumper. That gave me some confidence that the bumper was probably made from a mold of an OEM lp560 bumper and the only thing changed being the bumper-to-hood gap shape to accommodate the rounded leading edge of preLP hood (vs. the lp560s point at the leading edge of the hood). RSC and FGP Euro indeed have correct dimensioned lp560 style bumpers.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I don’t understand why so much hate for the “stretched” bumper. A guy in the FB group posted not too long again hating on it too. To each they’re own but I prefer the “awful” stretched look. Makes the car appear more aggressive and low to me.

this is an aftermarket pre-lp to LP conversion bumper. I guess they stretched it out. I’m biased but I like it. Stands out from every other gallardo around. Another reason why I went with an aftermarket hood. I’m anti stock kind of guy. Which is pretty frowned upon ir seems like in this community. I’m also on air suspension. #ruined

·
Registered
13 Posts
I don’t understand why so much hate for the “stretched” bumper. A guy in the FB group posted not too long again hating on it too. To each they’re own but I prefer the “awful” stretched look. Makes the car appear more aggressive and low to me.

this is an aftermarket pre-lp to LP conversion bumper. I guess they stretched it out. I’m biased but I like it. Stands out from every other gallardo around. Another reason why I went with an aftermarket hood. I’m anti stock kind of guy. Which is pretty frowned upon ir seems like in this community. I’m also on air suspension. #ruined

View attachment 293414
That’s the beauty of owning an exotic. It’s YOURS.

·
Registered
2013 LP560 TT
71 Posts
That’s the beauty of owning an exotic. It’s YOURS.
To each his own of course but looking at my stock LP560 (stock final edition front bumper) this week I was struck how much overhang there is over the front wheels in comparison to the back where there is almost none. Making it even longer in the front seems kind of a strange move.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I went and looked at a 2005 with LP 560 I think front bumper. First blush looked great, then stand back and really looked at the lines and dam, not lined up at all and gap on one side, and too tight on another. perhaps just the installer but I told the sales guy, they didnt do a good job if I noticed it, and I'm a newbie owner............

·
Registered
286 Posts
The aftermarket 'facelift' for the pre-lp, never seem to gap properly at the front lip of the 'frunk'. I have seen some worse than others, but I am not sure I have ever seen one with a gap consistent with what you will get with a factory front.

I am not a big fan of 'face lifting' a car. But to each their own. In shopping for a pre-lp, facelifted cars were immediately a no-go for me. If you want a front like that, buy a 09-on in my opinion.

Almost as bad to me as guys putting superleggera decals or perf decals on a stock car.

·
Registered
152 Posts
When the proprotions are off it looks like a fake kit car in my opinion. Great thing is it’s all reverseable if you don’t like it. I love the look of the LP570 bumper.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I dont think putting the updated bumper on a car is the same as putting fake badges on the car. I'm on the fence for whether I want to do it or not. I like the OEM look, but just considering whats out there.

You get the pre-lp because you want the 5.0, but some people also want the updated front end.

Surprisingly, I've seen non-SL cars with the SL stripe, but nobody puts the SL wordmark on the side.

@mark2 Thats just about the best one I've seen. Is that renown?

·
Registered
731 Posts
Something to keep in mind, the pictures that show the worst examples are wide angle taken up close. This has the effect of making the closer things seem bigger. Everything else is also out of proportion if you look closely. If you use a longer lens and step back then the front and back of the car are proportionally closer together and thus seem more in proportion. It’s like those shots of people holding up things close to the camera. There are issues with the accuracy of bumpers for sure but judging by these pictures is probably not accurate. Look at the headlights in the comparison pictures. You might think the headlights are bigger in the one picture but obviously they are not. I’ve long thought the Gallardo does not look good taken with a wide angle lens. Many cars do not because they become cartoonish in proportion. If you want to take nicer pics of your car step back 10-20 feet and zoom in. It will look more like your car than if you stand close and use the wide angle.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I really like SL look but do not like the interior with all the CF. Just me. I also like my more comfortable seats. But I want the spoiler and black strip without the colours or lettering as it looks good to me.
Just personal preference.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I dont think putting the updated bumper on a car is the same as putting fake badges on the car. I'm on the fence for whether I want to do it or not. I like the OEM look, but just considering whats out there.

You get the pre-lp because you want the 5.0, but some people also want the updated front end.

Surprisingly, I've seen non-SL cars with the SL stripe, but nobody puts the SL wordmark on the side.

@mark2 Thats just about the best one I've seen. Is that renown?

Ive seen fake badging where it is clearly a joke. M badge on Acura or something. I usually get a good laugh. I don’t consider upgrading bumpers along to be along the same line.

You’re right also. Renown bumper with carbon.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just to follow up:

Has anyone had success with painting JUST the bumper an getting a color match? I see so many badly matched bumpers that it makes me think I'd have to drop the whole car off at a paint shop so it can be blended.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts