Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why are Lamborghinis so much? Are they hand built? If its about the looks I could see it but not $300,000. Its not about the performance because there are a lot of cars that are a lot cheaper with simalar performace. So tell me why are they so much? Im sorry if I sound like an a$$hole but I have just always wondered why.

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
FutureFbodyOwner said:
there are a lot of cars that are a lot cheaper with simalar performace.
What cars in the 215mph+ bracket would you be comparing the Lambos to?

-mick

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Im saying with simalar performance ('06 ZO6, Viper, 911 Turbos) there is really nothing else in the 200+ mph class. But each of the cars I mentioned have 200 mph top speeds in them.

·
Registered
101 Posts
When it comes to expensive exotics, design is just as important as performance. In my case, I fell inlove with the car when I was young... It belongs to me ;) Im not so steady in english, so its kinda hard setting words to it... But Lamborghinis are cars that are great in statistics, but they also have soul, and Lamborghinis are made to please people with a great heart for this Italian bull. To me no cars can compare to Lamborghini.

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
FutureFbodyOwner said:
Im saying with simalar performance ('06 ZO6, Viper, 911 Turbos) there is really nothing else in the 200+ mph class. But each of the cars I mentioned have 200 mph top speeds in them.
Commonly found numbers are: '05 Z06=185mph, '06 Z06=190+, viper=191mph, enzo=218mph ($650k)

Guess I'm trying to answer a small part of your question - speed cost money - how fast do you want to go? Lambos have always been very fast cars.

Handling (how many of these cars would you want to be in at 200+?), styling (how many heads turn to look at a Z06?), "hand built" are other things that many people (like me) put a lot of value in. Some of us just love Italian electrics. ;)

Lets turn the question around the another way: if all these other cars offer great performance in your eyes, whats drawing you in to ask about the cost of a lambo ie why care?

-mick

·
Registered
584 Posts
Mick is correct. I have owned 911 Turbos and Ferrari's. The cars you mentioned are not in the 200 club.

And yes, they are hand built... about 95% hand built.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Early Diablo (pre VT) from a 40mph roll in 1st gear can chirp the tires :)

" Some of us just love Italian electrics" - Thanks Mick, forgot to mention that also...

·
Registered
464 Posts
1 - Hand Biult
2 - Low Volume
3 - High Tech
4 - Work of Art
5 - Exclusive

What other company has those? Thats what you pay for.
7.3L push rod is cheap and easy to make. Thats why you can get speed from a Vette.

Why buy a rolex thats doent use a batt. when you can buy a casio for cheaper than can tell time that uses a Batt. without the headache of winding.
If you have to ask then you will never know

·
Registered
119 Posts
We all could have bought cheaper cars, but we did not. I have a Ferrari 575 Maranello. I asked my wife if she would trade for her '04 Murcielago. She said "over my dead limp body." Acceleration is but one measurement.

If you are using the "wow" factor then a pearl yellow Murcie cannot be beat. Next January come to the St. Armands Ferrari event in Sarasota and then see what people think.

aehaas

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
gday said:
Commonly found numbers are: '05 Z06=185mph, '06 Z06=190+, viper=191mph, enzo=218mph ($650k)

Guess I'm trying to answer a small part of your question - speed cost money - how fast do you want to go? Lambos have always been very fast cars.
-mick
First off there is now ZO6 in 2005. Second thanks to everyone for your responces. It was just something I always wondered since I first got into cars.

I guess its just I think about best bang for your buck. And I probaly will never have engough money for one but I have always loved the looks mostly of the Lambos.

I am more into modifying cars and I think if you gave me $100,000 bucks I could have a Vette beating Lambos and Ferraris, and well Porshes (to easy).

Thanks again for all of the responses about all of your very buetiful cars. You are all very lucky to have the cars you do. :headbang: :tleft:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
aehaas said:
Next January come to the St. Armands Ferrari event in Sarasota and then see what people think.

aehaas
If I knew where that was I would.

·
Registered
154 Posts
FutureFbodyOwner said:
I am more into modifying cars and I think if you gave me $100,000 bucks I could have a Vette beating Lambos and Ferraris, and well Porshes (to easy).
A lamborghini is but a lamborghini by any other name...Sure for 100,000 dollars you could make a vette "beat" a ferrari or a lambo. There are two problems with this:

1) Your vette could *maybe* beat it in a straight drag race, put them on the track and the lambo will whoop the vette or porsche

2) At the end of the day you still have a vette that has none of the mystique of a lamborghini

and one last #3 that has already been said, if you have to ask, you wouldn't understand. For people who love lambo's, price doesn't matter.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Not to mention if you put $100,000 into a vette it would be worth less than half that if you were to try and sell it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Lamborghini is a myth and you muss love it to understand! Have a ride one time and maybe you will understand it a bit!

Lamborghini 4 live!

·
Registered
584 Posts
Yes, you could take $100K and join the 200 Club. Once you get there (200+) how long could you stay there?

Lambo still holds (to this day) three international speed records set on a circuit at the Prototipo car proving grounds in Nardo, Italy. A standard production Lambo clocked from a standing start ran one hour. Covered 189 miles.

2nd record was 100km and 100 miles from standing start. It took the car 30 minutes and 9 seconds to cover 100 miles with speed of 198.996 mph. That same day the car set the same record for 200km and 200 miles from standing start.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
jermdude15 said:
A lamborghini is but a lamborghini by any other name...Sure for 100,000 dollars you could make a vette "beat" a ferrari or a lambo. There are two problems with this:

1) Your vette could *maybe* beat it in a straight drag race, put them on the track and the lambo will whoop the vette or porsche

2) At the end of the day you still have a vette that has none of the mystique of a lamborghini

and one last #3 that has already been said, if you have to ask, you wouldn't understand. For people who love lambo's, price doesn't matter.
Ive actually seen a vette that has had a bunch of stuff done to it actually beat ferraris.

I know for a fact witht he 100grand I could have a vette beating almost anything street legal at the dragstrip. But I am more of a road racer and autoXer, so I would build it to handle at high speeds. I dont know if it would beat a Lambo but it would sure as hell keep up with one.

If I had the money I would definatly buy a Lambo. But I dont so I just have to look at them and dream.

·
Registered
464 Posts
For even cheap than that you can get a Supra that will beat any car in the street. Lambo, Ferrari, Vette etc..
I doesnt matter anymore

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.