Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just Got My "invite" in the mail from Jim Heady.

Seems fitting that All the Ltalk members that are attending should hook up and have a PARTY!!!

We have fun online and we should have fun when we gather!! Let's put a plan together to hook up & party in Monterey this year!

It's the 40th Anniverserary of the Miura and I'm planning on dragging my baby out for the HoDown!!!

Jim Heady of the LCA is taking reservations and reserving rooms for those planning on attending. Also, I have have a Texas friend that lives in Monterey that might be able to help with parking and accomadations..but please...we cannot wait till the last minute...start thinking about this ASAP!!!

:D

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
The Concorso Italiano itself is only on Friday, August 19th. However, with the Running of the Bulls and the Lamborghini Club's National meet, it usually takes up the whole week from August 14-21.

Last few year's itinerary is as follows. I'm sure this year will be similar

Monday - Wednesday: Running of the Bulls hosted by Lamborghini
Thursday: Events, tour and dinner hosted by the Lamborghini Club
Friday: Concorso Italiano and dinner
Saturady and Sunday: More events dinner by the Lambo Club.

Jim Heady does a wonderful thankless job putting these activites and events together. Thanks Jim.

If you plan to attend, make sure you take care of your hotel reservations now. Otherwise, you might not even get into a fleabag motel that charges $250 per night.

I personally believe every Lambo owner should experience the Lambo week at Monterey at least once.

·
Registered
23 Posts
All:
Running of the Bulls is from Reno to Monterey this year.

However, after speaking to Jim Heady, I am toying with the idea of hosting a Southern California to Northern California run, as follows:

So, check this route out...
Day 1 Wednesday: Depart OC early in the AM, about 9AM, should put us in Santa Barbara around 1PM for lunch. Head to Pismo Beach to get there around dinner time.

Day 1 Night:
http://www.cliffsresort.com/
Pismo Beach overnight

Day 2 Lunch stop, about 50 miles from Pismo Beach
http://www.hearstcastle.org/tours/tour_2.asp Maybe not time enough to do a full tour, but a lunch would be good.

Continue on about 90 miles up PCH/Hwy 1 to Monterey to our destination on this picturesque bit of road.

Tentatively, I am thinking of calling this event "The Stampede" and inviting Ferrari owners from F-Chat, too.

There is some interest, enough for me to continue to pursue this as an option as there are many people who just cannot make the time investment to drive from So Cal to Reno to Monterey.

I'd like to hear what people on this board think of the idea.

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
I am there too........Will be bringing 4 cars........ 01 SE, 03 Murcie, 89 25th, 05 Roadster....will be doing the running of the bulls from RENO.....
will be leaving SEATTLE with my 4 cars and probably at least 3 others from here and or B.C.

ANY OTHERAS WANT TO GET IN CONTACT ME!!!!!! :kiss:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Jim is a great guy and the event is great. Problem is with all the chatter on the net about the route and dates the CHP knows where and when to be to make sure were all driving 55 mph. It gives too much information too the cops.

It should be organized via email and have a drivers meeting disclosing the"Real Route" the day of the run, this would have the cops waiting in the wrong places thus reducing the chances of anty speeding tickets etc.

When your going north tell everyone your going south-know what I mean? :wave:

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
The "Running of the Bulls" run is organised by the factory and so far only the factory knows any information on it besides starting in Reno. Seems pretty under wraps to me :rolleyes:

-mick

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
roytoy2003 said:
Will be bringing 4 cars........
So Roy, Got 4 drivers???? I know of a great mechanic (I'll call him "steve") that would be great to have along with us???

-mick (I'm as old as your shoes)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Since the Miura is the Featured car this year, like it was in 2000, does that mean that next year the featured car will be the Countach, like it was in 2001?

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
ok not 4 but 5 going to bring my new "S" Gallardo this year ICE PEARL BLUE with light tan interio0r and blue stiching, got to be one of the finest color combos I have EVER seen!!!!!!!!!

STEVE is driving myb ROADSTER fromGilroy to Montery/...............It arrives at their shop in early June..........goinf to have:

(1) Major Service
(2) 4 pipe racing exhaust added
(3) MIRRORS painted to match Pearl orange paint
(4) Factory wheels chromed
(5) Crystal sheild put on the front for CHIPS
(6) Wind0ws tinted
(7) k-40 INSTALLED front and rear
(8) A real stereo system installed
(9) rear tail lights smoked

OK YOU ARE RIGHT I HAVE TO MUCH FREE TIME I MY HANDS...........BUT BETTER HERE THAN IN A F-CAR GARAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'll be making the trip down with my Gallardo, another Gallardo, a 360 CS and a 355 Spider.

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
craiglieberman said:
Running of the Bulls is from Reno to Monterey this year.
Rumor on the street is that its now starting in Tahoe. Which is just fine with me since that's my neck of the woods...

-mick

·
Registered
19 Posts
The road from Tahoe to Sacramento would be better IMO since the road is freshly paved (very smoothe!), compared to a very bumpy I-80 from Remo to Sacramento. Also, a more interesting drive winding through the woods rather than on the freeway. Not too many cops from Placerville to Tahoe, but mega-cops from Placerville to just before Sacramento...perhaps the most patrolled stretch of road anywhere. But from Placerville to Tahoe it's real nice. Don't EVER go more than 7 MPH over the speed limit from on Hwy 50 Placerville to just outside Sacramento...nor on I-80 from Reno to Rocklin, many cops with radar sitting on the shoulder, or in the medians (motorcycles), etc. Plain cars too, white camaros, etc.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.