Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not including Sensonum in my build and really don't think it's going to affect my ability to sell or trade in my car later so could care less about it. Instead, looks like I've found another solution that is Lambo approved for a lot less!!!

Lambo Headphones

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
7,920 Posts
Well, if it works for you then it works but I need to hear the music, the engine plus have situational awareness. So, using earphones while in the car probably would not work for me. In any event, enjoy!

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just kidding!! I'm not going with either but if you look around these days you see quite a few people wearing earbuds while driving. Guess they have crappy stereo systems too. Still, a PSA, if anyone wants new headphones and wants to show off the shield then here you go!!

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
7,920 Posts
Unfortunately, the base stereo in the EVO is not all that impressive but not quite crappy.........but mighty close.

·
Registered
237 Posts
As one who's had both a 2020 and a 2021 EVO I can tell you that the 2021 model year has a better base stereo.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
7,920 Posts
Great to read! Hopefully 2022 is even better!
A few points, to the best of my knowledge, and after having communicating with multiple SAs there were no changes going from MY2020s to MY2022s. I had a 2021 EVO RWD with the base stereo and it was very mediocre and quite disappointing hence the reason I coughed up the extra money for the Sensonum system. Even the Sensonum is not the best but it was the best factory stereo orderable on an EVO.

Addendum: quote from SA at Charlotte dealership who is also the dealership manager "Good evening. Aside from minor pricing changes to certain options and packages, there are no changes. I’m pretty sure Alexa will be coming ready to go on the MY22 as opposed to an upgrade/software update, but that’s it".

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Clearly, no mention of speaker upgrades...........

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
17,264 Posts
If listening to music is important to you then the Sensonum is a must. I have had both and I wouldn't buy or order a car without it, you need it.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
7,920 Posts
Disappointing, in that, Lamborghini could have equipped the EVO with a better base sound system especially at this price point. Heck, I have a Honda Accord EXL with a better sound system. :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
3,415 Posts
I have had custom insane stereos in past cars like my Gallardo and 360 Modena and honestly the factory radios in all my other lambos have been great. I’ve had Sensonum and regular and they both satisfy me. Really not sure why so many people don’t like the factory radio.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
7,920 Posts
I got the Sensonum just because I don’t feel like doing aftermarket stereo in this car.
Agree. I personally prefer not to have people muck around with the car after it leaves the factory.....................

·
Registered
17' SV Roadster, Performante Spyder X2, STO (inbound), Ferrari 458 Spyder,
387 Posts
I have yet to turn on the radio a single time in my exotic car ownership experience. I consider the soundtrack behind my head to be all I need. The sound that comes from these cars satisfies all my needs when it comes to sound. I hope I never grow tired or long to listen to any other type of music when driving these cars.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
7,920 Posts
I have yet to turn on the radio a single time in my exotic car ownership experience. I consider the soundtrack behind my head to be all I need.
Some people feel as you do, and some others, like both the engine note and tunes. Yet, I still feel that Lamborghini could have provided both a great engine note and an acceptable base stereo.......striving, as great companies do, for perfection in all things. If there are drivers that couldn't care less about the stereo, well, that's what the On/Off button is for. ;)

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Some people feel as you do, and some others, like both the engine note and tunes. Yet, I still feel that Lamborghini could have provided both a great engine note and an acceptable base stereo.......striving, as great companies do, for perfection in all things. If there are drivers that couldn't care less about the stereo, well, that's what the On/Off button is for. ;)
On/Off button? Those are days gone by.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
7,920 Posts
On/Off button? Those are days gone by.
Yes but one can dream. Without good dreams, you're left with nightmares. :giggle:

Once again, with greater precision, do not select a source or hit the play icon. 🤣

·
Registered
237 Posts
A few points, to the best of my knowledge, and after having communicating with multiple SAs there were no changes going from MY2020s to MY2022s. I had a 2021 EVO RWD with the base stereo and it was very mediocre and quite disappointing hence the reason I coughed up the extra money for the Sensonum system. Even the Sensonum is not the best but it was the best factory stereo orderable on an EVO.

Addendum: quote from SA at Charlotte dealership who is also the dealership manager "Good evening. Aside from minor pricing changes to certain options and packages, there are no changes. I’m pretty sure Alexa will be coming ready to go on the MY22 as opposed to an upgrade/software update, but that’s it".

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Clearly, no mention of speaker upgrades...........
A quick cursory glance of the part numbers between the numbers that were in my 2020 AWD and my new car the speakers in the dash are indeed different. I haven't popped off a door panel yet but will when I get around to dynamatting the doors.

Not sure where your SA is getting his info but for me and my experience he's wrong.

If you search my older posts you can see I've had these cars apart for audio upgrades because the 20 EVO was absolutely the worst sounding stereo I've ever had.

Reactions: Rcasa20

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
I will say the factory base stereo in my 580 sounded way better then the Bose in my 3 RS. Bose was only a $1600 upgrade in the 3RS. I don't blame Bose for the crap sound it was. It was the budget and weight restriction Porsche gave them as that was all they had to work with. What did you think about the Bose in your 2 & 3 RS Lambo2018?

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
7,920 Posts
I will say the factory base stereo in my 580 sounded way better then the Bose in my 3 RS. Bose was only a $1600 upgrade in the 3RS. I don't blame Bose for the crap sound it was. It was the budget and weight restriction Porsche gave them as that was all they had to work with. What did you think about the Bose in your 2 & 3 RS Lambo2018?
The Bose in the GT cars were decent enough not to be a problem or raise a concern but the EVO speakers, even though they improved a little with use, were just horrible. Funny what you said about the 580..........+1. If the EVO speakers sounded as good as in the 580 I would not have upgraded to Sensonum. Did the 580 have better speakers or better acoustics? I just don't know but, the EVO speakers are, quite frankly, an embarrassment.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts