Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my first Lambo at Lamborghini North Los Angeles. I drove out there did the paperwork and immediately drove home which is just under 800 miles roundtrip. I had passed at the last minute on a 2019 488 with less then a thousand miles. Took a blind leap of faith on a brand new Huracan 2019 580. That was back in March of 2019. Those were the days. It was a 256k sticker and they gave me 20k off and a bunch of free stuff thrown in like PPF and two bags of swag.

They were blown away at the fact that I didn't want to drive the car before it got loaded while I was there. Since I'd never driven one before. I said no, I just want to get home. Car showed up late that evening. Here it is being unloaded and it's first night in the garage.

Two weeks later I took it into Lamborghini Las Vegas and had the factory race exhaust installed. That sound was addicting. I'd say the EVO is 90% of what it sounded like. It was a great car and I racked up 17k miles in just under 28 months. Well you know what they say about your first. I'll always remember this car. Had a lot of good times with it.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So does an Akro exhaust get the EVO the remaining 10%?
I don't believe it will. It's basically just a different sound and I don't want to gamble and spend 15k and like the original better. I find it strange on this forum no one here has really done it and can chime in. That speaks volumes (no pun intended) right there.

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
I do miss my 610, made that car pretty special with adding around $85k in mods. It was one of a kind. But no matter how much I like a car I cant keep for more than a couple years

Reactions: RoyalPink

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
I am keeping mine because there is nothing on the market I would rather have. Unless there is a Huracan with a manual trans and no touch screen being offered then I'm all in. My son recently bought a Boxster Spyder with a slick shifting manual trans and it is so much fun to drive. If Porsche dealers weren't such dicks, I might be tempted back to the dark side.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,066 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,066 Posts
I do miss my 610, made that car pretty special with adding around $85k in mods. It was one of a kind. But no matter how much I like a car I cant keep for more than a couple years
Yes, I miss my 580 and my 610, but just like Blu I can’t keep my cars more than 2 or 3 years. I had race exhaust on both.

·
Premium Member
21,066 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
51 Posts
Speaking of old cars just found mine for sale, $299k, I got like $172k for it 2 years ago :(
Used 2015 Lamborghini Huracan LP 610-4 For Sale ($299,996) | McLaren Charlotte Stock #A02135
Huge difference with the supercharger?! Did the EVO feel slow after coming from the lp610 supercharged?
Was it reliable for you?
I may check that out next time I'm at Lamborghini Charlotte. Usually drop by there once a month here lately. McLaren isnt but hop, skip and a jump away.

V.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
I am keeping mine because there is nothing on the market I would rather have. Unless there is a Huracan with a manual trans and no touch screen being offered then I'm all in. My son recently bought a Boxster Spyder with a slick shifting manual trans and it is so much fun to drive. If Porsche dealers weren't such dicks, I might be tempted back to the dark side.
I doubt ill ever go back to Porsche after Ferrari and Lamborghini. Its like JV vs Varsity IMHO

Ive fallen in love with my 580-2, after almost 3 years Haley still takes my breath away.

·
Premium Member
21,066 Posts
Huge difference with the supercharger?! Did the EVO feel slow after coming from the lp610 supercharged?
Was it reliable for you?
I may check that out next time I'm at Lamborghini Charlotte. Usually drop by there once a month here lately. McLaren isnt but hop, skip and a jump away.

V.
I wondered the same thing. It seems like everything would feel slow after a supercharger.

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Royal you still own the white car?
How did white stand up over time..
White car is gone now. It was Bianco Icarus so it had some silver flake whereas Bianco Monocerus is just a plain opaque white. Problem is the sun had to beating down on it for you to see the silver flake. It was a little too plain for my liking as time went by. My daughter designed these "splash drops" which we had made at a sign shop. Cool thing about them was they were a static cling decal and could easily be installed and removed. In fact we changed out the colors a couple times as you can see in the photos. White stood up fine as would any other color being taken care of and kept in a garage. Decals may not be everyone's taste but I liked them and got a lot of looks and positive comments.
Car Land vehicle Tire Wheel Vehicle
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Plant
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Sky

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.