Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys

Like many manufacturers, I am guessing that Lamborghini got another manufacturer to make the hood for them. By "Hood" I mean the "soft top"

Anyone know who it was?

Just thinking that if we knew, then items such as actuators and sensors might be cheaper to locate and replace, than paying the Lambo tax.

Thanks
R

·
Registered
163 Posts
Are you talking about the hood, or the soft top roof?

If it is the soft top roof, I have heard replacing the actual soft top is one of the most awful, painful things that you never want to endure.

My mechanic said you need to get the fabric from Italy, but then you need a local artisan to actually fit it, which can be extremely expensive and time consuming.

As for the moving parts, I've no idea there-

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi

I mean the "soft top"

I'm not talking about replacing it, nor recovering it. More so when repairs are needed, i would be nice to know who it is made by so that you have an alternative source for the parts

·
Registered
163 Posts
OK.

I'm not sure, but when I bought my Spyder, my mechanic told me to avoid any Spyder that had the fabric that was cut, damaged or otherwise in need of replacement as that is very difficult to fix and you could only source the raw fabric from Italy, which would need to be fitted, sewn etc. by a local artisan or upholstery shop.

As for the mechanisms, that isn't as difficult to repair/replace.

Hi

I mean the "soft top"

I'm not talking about replacing it, nor recovering it. More so when repairs are needed, i would be nice to know who it is made by so that you have an alternative source for the parts

·
Registered
75 Posts
I am sure any quality interior shop should be able to find another quality fabric and use the original top as a template and make a new soft top. Not really rocket science here.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I agree there are options, but definitely not an "off the shelf" solution that I know of which is what OP seemed to be looking for.

I am sure any quality interior shop should be able to find another quality fabric and use the original top as a template and make a new soft top. Not really rocket science here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts