Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2013 LP560 TT
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Allstate wouldn’t touch my Gallardo — said it was a “high performance” car. Referred me to Hagerty, who asked me to sign off on HPDE history and wanted a list of performance cars I’ve owned and driven in the past. Has anyone else had this experience? Is it a NY thing?

·
Registered
2021 Huracan Evo RWD Spyder (ordered, April 2021 delivery)
352 Posts
I’m in Texas. Farmer’s and State Farm offered to write for my incoming Evo RWD. I didn’t ask Allstate as I left them over the 4 months it took them to repair another car of mine.

·
Super Moderator
3,328 Posts
Safeco is what I use now. Stated policy and they charge me around 200 per year storage and $8 a day when I drive it. I just call my broker and they throw it on the days I want to take it out. Can't beat it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
NJ using Progressive .. Way to expensive for a 2013 Gallardo after 6 month policy ends I will be looking around also for new Company

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
One very important point is to ask about is "Agreed Value". I had many companies agreeing to cover the G, but would not agree to AGREED VALUE. No matter who you go with make sure you're covered.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So true about agreed value . Progressive has a agreed value limit of $160k when using them..Thats why I need to find another company

·
Registered
263 Posts
While I was searching and getting quotes Hagerty rudely told me to call them back in 6 months after I haven't crashed it...referring to it being my first exotic, and I'm 33 so I'm sure that played into it.

Ended up finding a great policy through the National Corvette Museum. They started out as an insurer for the cars at the museum but over time branched out into other collector cars and exotic cars across the country now. I'm on year 2, purchased 12 month policies each time, and very happy with my policy, coverage, and price.

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
Farmers, NYC Manhattan. Astronomically high... Then again I live in New York City Manhattan, land of the yellow cabs and pot holes.

·
Registered
2013 LP560 TT
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Interesting alternatives.
For disclosure I have 8 other vehicles with Allstate, a clean driving record, good credit, and I bought the Gallardo in cash (i.e., no bank loan / lien holder).
Hagerty basically says that you tell them what it’s worth and they insure it for that amount. Mine is a 2013 G and insured for $125k at almost $4k/yr. Seems steep since I live in an extremely safe area with historically low rates on all other insurance products (autos, motorcycles, home, umbrella, etc). I will check with the corvette museum.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD (Ordered)
6,478 Posts
USAA $2100/year with a $500 subscribers rebate in December so effectively $1600/year. The year before I got a $600 rebate. My subscriber account rebate goes up next year as well.

·
Registered
761 Posts
State Farm, in Cali, about 1500/yr. I have it insured for <2500 miles year, which I don't find restrictive at all since I'm only driving it about 800-1000 miles at this point. What I like about them, vs. Hagerty and others is there are NO restrictions on where I can drive it. I can take it to work, school, shopping, dinner, movies, home depot, car shows... anywhere I'd take any of my Daily Drivers. I didn't like how Hagerty limited where you can drive it, what's the point if they're going to do that?? Also, I've seen people insuring these cars with Liability limits of 50k/100k... to save a few bucks, please don't do that.

Also, in Cali they insure for replacement cost based on other cars advertised at the time of the loss. I did a stated value, but that's a moot point as pretty much all the cars for sale now have a higher asking price than what I paid for mine 4 years ago. I have heard that NY/NJ/CT (Tristate area?) has generally higher insurance costs across the board (maybe it's that no-fault thing I think those states have).

I haven't had a need to file a claim with SF though, so I can't speak to how good they are in that regard. Also, I have Mercury for my other cars (they wouldn't insure the G) and home policies. But I noticed if I switched all my home/cars to SF, my total rate would go up, so I just keep the G on SF.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Also, fwiw, these posts tend to be somewhat helpful, but take it with a grain of salt, as location, age, driving history, other cars, etc... play a huge role in what these cars insure for. Two people who are exactly the same living in different cities can have drastically different numbers.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Also, fwiw, these posts tend to be somewhat helpful, but take it with a grain of salt, as location, age, driving history, other cars, etc... play a huge role in what these cars insure for. Two people who are exactly the same living in different cities can have drastically different numbers.
Truth

·
Registered
77 Posts
I am around $1200 year for my Huracan with no limitations or requirements, just a regular auto policy. West coast insurer only.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,837 Posts
I’m at $2400/yr with State Farm on my 2021 Huracan.

Reactions: Plumber

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD (Ordered)
6,478 Posts
Farmers, NYC Manhattan. Astronomically high... Then again I live in New York City Manhattan, land of the yellow cabs and pot holes.
Born and raised in NY, and boy that place can be a tad hard on exotics. It used to be a fun place to live.........though, its been a while since I have been back.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts