Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any info on the white Gallardo for sale at Volvo at Palo Alto? I thinking of pulling the trigger soon.
2013 Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 Spyder AWD - $159,974

·
Registered
2008 Superleggera
140 Posts
Sold at auction in Houston, TX on 3/7/21 for $138,900 to whomever so now it seems to be going for 20K more than that if that helps in your negotiations. Kinda lines up with the CarFax entry of
02/23/2021 12,328
  • Dealer Inventory
  • Vehicle offered for sale

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Roger, yes that helps. I'm working with a sales person name Veronica and she is hell bent on selling me the car for $152k period. Not even help with shipping, I'm in Maryland, She already acknowledge that some of the buttons are sticky, reverse and driver side power window button. She is willing for me to get a PPI done but it just seems a bit high. Am I wrong?

·
Registered
2008 Superleggera
140 Posts
Thanks Roger, yes that helps. I'm working with a sales person name Veronica and she is hell bent on selling me the car for $152k period. Not even help with shipping, I'm in Maryland, She already acknowledge that some of the buttons are sticky, reverse and driver side power window button. She is willing for me to get a PPI done but it just seems a bit high. Am I wrong?
I'm sure if the dealer gets you a PPI everything would turn up perfect. I'd get a indie shop to do a PPI, these guys are kinda close and know what they're doing...

These guys travel around the state and will give you a good report and market valuation but I think I'd rather have a shop have it where they can do their thing without the dealer hovering over them. If they're wanting top dollar and not wanting to let you get the car checked out thoroughly then walk away. Better to get a good car that you know at least the primary systems are in good working order than pay top dollar for a car and then find out you have to dump 15-20K into it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
routt73 started a new conversation with you at LAmbo
That car is almost due for its 15k service or 12yr service and absolutely do not buy it without a proper PPI and make sure every little thing is perfect given their asking price. That wing is not OEM installed either. I'd fly there for sure to check it out. Why a volvo dealer is buying used...

Please allow me to clarify.. They ARE allowing me to to get a PPI from an independent shop.
As far as why a Volvo dealer is selling a Lambo.. They share the same owner as Mclaren of San Francisco. My plans are to fly out there but only if they're willing to give up something. Do you think its a good idea to call and speak to the sales manager?

·
Registered
421 Posts
routt73 started a new conversation with you at LAmbo
That car is almost due for its 15k service or 12yr service and absolutely do not buy it without a proper PPI and make sure every little thing is perfect given their asking price. That wing is not OEM installed either. I'd fly there for sure to check it out. Why a volvo dealer is buying used...

Please allow me to clarify.. They ARE allowing me to to get a PPI from an independent shop.
As far as why a Volvo dealer is selling a Lambo.. They share the same owner as Mclaren of San Francisco. My plans are to fly out there but only if they're willing to give up something. Do you think its a good idea to call and speak to the sales manager?
I'd bet it was for the owner to drive around in.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Update..
Since my last entry, I found a certified Lambo mechanic in Palo Alto by the name of Roselli who inspected the car for me. He was very impress with the car but he could not get a reading on the transmission for whatever reason, he said it could be a module but not sure, he needed more time with the car to be certain but the dealer wanted the car back. I spoke with the used car sales manager Edison who said he would take the car to Lamborghini of Las Gatos to get checked out but from his defensive demeanor not sure if he would actually do it. I think the better solution was to have Roselli have more time with the car or re-inspected it at my cost, which I would have gladly paid for. Anyhow the search continues..

·
Registered
421 Posts
Update..
Since my last entry, I found a certified Lambo mechanic in Palo Alto by the name of Roselli who inspected the car for me. He was very impress with the car but he could not get a reading on the transmission for whatever reason, he said it could be a module but not sure, he needed more time with the car to be certain but the dealer wanted the car back. I spoke with the used car sales manager Edison who said he would take the car to Lamborghini of Las Gatos to get checked out but from his defensive demeanor not sure if he would actually do it. I think the better solution was to have Roselli have more time with the car or re-inspected it at my cost, which I would have gladly paid for. Anyhow the search continues..
Maybe didn't have the proper software to read the clutch?

·
Registered
419 Posts
if you're interested in a 2012 white Performante with 5K miles (a bit more $$$ admittedly), send me a message. The thought crossed my mind to part ways with it as I've not enjoyed it nearly enough for the last couple of years.

...and i think i just saw that you're in Maryland (I'm probably close to you)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not sure if you found a Gallardo yet, but I live in Maryland (Columbia) and have a perfect stock 2008 Spyder (e-gear) I'm going to sell after the summer.

It's got ~14300 miles, a new clutch (July of last year), new tires, new PPF, recoated buttons (no sticky), a new reverse button (the 'R' was wearing off) and just had the 15k service completed (the service was completed slightly before 15k because of a fouled spark plug - while it was in the shop I had the service completed). It's literally perfect. There are no flaws on the vehicle. Since I've owned it, it's been serviced by Rosso Service.

Oh, it's the metallic yellow. I'm at work and can't remember the Italian name for the color off the top of my head.

It's reasonably priced. Let me know if you're interested.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts