Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would you rather have a Huracan EVO AWD and a F430 6-speed manual, or a Gallardo 6-speed manual and an F8 Tributo? Why? I am contemplating these pairings, and would also be interested in other suggestions to fill the 6-speed manual slot.

·
Vendor
3,008 Posts
Gallardo and F8. Two of the best from their era

Reactions: DXM31

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,672 Posts
I salute your desire to go manual that is a breed that has been going extinct for some time. In the past I wouldn't buy anything but manual transmission cars but I had to accept, however reluctantly, the prevailing trends.
We have many fervent Gallardo owners on the forum that I am sure will chime in..........

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,066 Posts
I'd go with EVO and 430.

Reactions: Loxo

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all of the opinions so far! One variable that I didn't mention is that I'd consider getting a convertible for the 6-speed manual car. I've never had one and am not sure it's for me, but it sounds like something perhaps worth trying on a fun weekend car. I currently have a moonroof and use it often; with the vehicles I'm looking at, the only option for any "open air" motoring is a convertible. The F430 spyder would allow for the engine to be viewed, whereas the Gallardo spyder would not. That's not a deal breaker, but it is cool to be able to see the engine.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Evo and F430 vote….the f430 looks so incredible in spider form. I had a gated gallardo spyder and loved it but i would have traded it plus cash for a gated f430 spider

Reactions: Russk

·
Premium Member
97.0 Diablo VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,815 Posts
Thanks for all of the opinions so far! One variable that I didn't mention is that I'd consider getting a convertible for the 6-speed manual car. I've never had one and am not sure it's for me, but it sounds like something perhaps worth trying on a fun weekend car. I currently have a moonroof and use it often; with the vehicles I'm looking at, the only option for any "open air" motoring is a convertible. The F430 spyder would allow for the engine to be viewed, whereas the Gallardo spyder would not. That's not a deal breaker, but it is cool to be able to see the engine.
I, too, thought that seeing the engine on my spyder Gallardo would be cool, that is to say I thought it was a drawback that it was not visible. I have since gotten over that and I realize it’s really not that much of a draw. That said, the Gallardo spider top folds into a tub that covers more than half of the engine anyway so it is not really a big deal. I can also say that having a spider for me revolutionized my experience. The sound of the engine comes through that much better and in my opinion the Gallardo sound blows away the 430. Bigger issue is legroom and the Ferrari beats the Lamborghini handily in that department. Personally, I like the looks of a Gallardo far and away better than the 430. All that said I think Huracans are better vehicles than the G, of course, and the F8, well, it’s pretty darn cool with all the modern bells and whistle‘s. So many more facets to consider of course.

Cake or pie, versus pie or cake question.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Thanks for all of the opinions so far! One variable that I didn't mention is that I'd consider getting a convertible for the 6-speed manual car. I've never had one and am not sure it's for me, but it sounds like something perhaps worth trying on a fun weekend car.
A garage without a V-12 is not the garage it should be....Diablo Roadster plus whatever new car you want.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts