Lamborghini Talk banner

Which Lamborghini is the most revolutionary and ahead if its time?

• 400GT

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Miura

Votes: 39 37.5%
  • C/T

Votes: 38 36.5%
  • Diablo

Votes: 17 16.3%
  • Murci

Votes: 10 9.6%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which Lamborghini is the most revolutionary and ahead if its time?
And why?

400GT
Miura
C/T
Diablo
Murci

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I would have to say Miura becasue to this day its timeless and the power is awsome!
I couldnt imagine what it was like in the 60s and 70s

·
Registered
1 Posts
I went with Miura.

The car put Lamborghini on the map and the styling is timeless. The Murci is on the edge styling and it is difficult to see how it will age.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
100% the Miura it was the first street car with transversal mounted mid-engine, perhaps the Countach at least with it's scissor doors

There is nothing revolutionary with the rest!
350/400GT amazing GT cars but nothing revolutionary...
Diablo? a modernized Countach
Murci? a modernized Diablo

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Has to be C/T.

The Miura styling is a "redo" of the Ford GT 40. The transverse engine was already done in the early 60s Mini Cooper. The key point of the miura was dealing with such a "big" engine. Did it associate the name Lamborghini with high performance - sure it did. Radical ok but the top revolutionary??? I'm not so sure.

To me the C/T was the amazing merger of high performance and unique wild styling. I agree with Raymond S, the Murcie and Diablo are just extensions of something that started a very long time ago with the C/T .... That seems revolutionary.

-mick

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
But the Miura had a transversal MID-engine, Mini Cooper has a front engine...
Compared with it's competitors of Ferrari with their front engine single cam tractors the Miura was revolutionary.

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
raymond said:
But the Miura had a transversal MID-engine, Mini Cooper has a front engine...
No question. And the Mini cooper also had the gearbox merged with the engine block. Just as the Miura did.

While there were some challenges with the Miura, they revolved around getting a large engine into an existing/contemporary design (GT40). Whereas there was nothing contemporary about the C/T.

-mick

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
True the Countach was the first production car with this kind of scissor doors.
the Carabo was his design predecessor but only a one off, also designed by Gandini...

You can see also the door window is identically to the CT-Prototype...

Looks like the Countach:

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
raymond said:
True the Countach was the first production car with this kind of scissor doors.
the Carabo was his design predecessor but only a one off, also designed by Gandini...
Great pic. Never seen the "Carabo" before. But I think thats what I meant by the C/T being a merger - Gandini meets Lambo Engines!

-mick

PS Little did I know that I was a closet Gandini lover until after I bought my X1/9 some 25 years ago.

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
ltadmin said:
I love arguing with you Gday..:)..and when I win it's even better..:)

It's the Miura of course!!! Hands Down!!!!!
What a surprise... :D Hey, somebody had to take on all you Miura guys!

-mick

PS Please note that the C/T is winning the poll as of now :cheers:

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
gday said:
-mick
PS Please note that the C/T is winning the poll as of now :cheers:
And I was voting for the Miura as well although I own a C/T QV...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Countach- spaceframe chassis (yes, like the Maserati Birdcage)+scissor doors (yes, like the Carabo)+ reversed engine (a first?) + fastest production car in it's time +uncompromised styling+ Pirelli P7's (another first) + early use of carbon fibre components in the later cars......on and on.....not to mention the simple fact that it's the most photographed, written about car in the world....AND it single handedly saved the Lamborghini Factory from going completely broke and bankrupt in the late 70's/early 80's. If they hadn't made so many of them, the Countach would be a 500K car these days.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
raymond said:
100% the Miura it was the first street car with transversal mounted mid-engine, perhaps the Countach at least with it's scissor doors
i agree with you ray, when the mid engine miura went out of the factory daytona and ghibli become 10 years older in a moment, it was also so beautiful and fast no road car can fight with it
the impact of the countach was not so big from a tecnical point of view, but similar for its design, it is true that compared to the countach also the BB loock so shy and old in the 70's...,

for the diablo is not the same, anywhere it was amazing fast and otrageous designed, an even if the F 40 could be faster, diablo similar performances comes for less less money

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
phantom309 said:
+ fastest production car in it's time ...
If they hadn't made so many of them
for what i know about CT performances this is not correct,
i really love countach, it is my favourite car ever but it wasn't the fastest production car in it's time
-an lp 400 wasn't faster than the old miura
-in top speed a ferrari BB can beat a countach S or 5000 S
- only the QV was the fastest car from 85 to 87, then f 40 was much faster than QV or 25 th
sure the countach was faster than the BB in a lap time but i also doubt it was better in acceleration

they had not made so many of them: less than 2000 in 20 years aren' t so many
in my opinion :wave:

·
Registered
62 Posts
I went with the Miura. Even though it wasn't the first lambo, it was the first significant one, and it established the principles that still define lamborghini today. Not to mention it is one of the most beutifully styled cars in the world, and even though it was build in the 60s, its performance still stands against most current supercars.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The point is that there are between 1500 and 2000 Countach's available for purchase out there in the world, regardless of how long it took to build them.

Rarity is a big dynamic in exotic/collector car prices. Miura SV's? Maybe 75 left on the planet= 300K US and up, depending on condition. You'll be lucky to get 85K out of ANY Countach that isn't a Wolf car. I have bought 3 CT's and one Miura SV in my time...and keep a close eye on those markets. As for speed, a Countach S will leave a BB for dead on a slalom, likewise a 500S against a Testarossa. If you want to drive in a staight line, buy a 71 Buick GSX!

they had not made so many of them: less than 2000 in 20 years aren' t so many
in my opinion :wave:[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
phantom309 said:
As for speed, a Countach S will leave a BB for dead on a slalom, likewise a 500S against a Testarossa. If you want to drive in a staight line, buy a 71 Buick GSX!
i am not bad in corners... and i am not a great fan of straight line, you said the countach was the fastest car of its era, so i believe you were talking about maximum speed...
i have already said the countach was fastest on lap time and corners
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
phantom309 said:
Rarity is a big dynamic in exotic/collector car prices.
i agree rarity is a big dynamic in car prices but it is not all
loock at prices of F40, they made 1000+ cars.....and you should pay a lot of money to buy one of them

1 - 20 of 27 Posts