Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently purchased a 2016 AV Roadster and coming from a 2004 Gallardo am absolutely thrilled with it. On my Gallardo I have a Kline Valvetronic exhaust without cats and compared to it, the AV's standard exhaust, whilst still sounding great is a little "underwhelming".

On You Tube its very hard to compare the exhaust notes and here in Australia there are very few AV's and even fewer with modified exhausts to listen to. (I guess that's to be expected when you see the latest SVJ roadster here is $1,288.000 PLUS on road costs (probably about $A50k) - with VERY few upgrades - but I digress).

I was thinking the Lamborghini racing exhaust sounded the best to me BUT I was told that even if I can get a used one I still need the software upgrade to make it sound right? I understand Lamborghini withdrew this exhaust because of fire problems? AND therefore you can't get the software?

Guys, which exhaust would you recommend for a guy:
1. Who never races or tracks
2. Must be valvetronic for the missus
3. Loves the "snap, crackle and pop" of the Huracan
4. Thinks that the sound produced by the Kline system on his pre LP Gallardo is the best ever invented
5. DO NOT want it particularly loud and will VERY rarely take the revs above, say 5000, Well I am 70 years old!!
6. Car will only be used for socials and car shows - I know, really boring stuff!

Any help/advice would be GREATLY appreciated!

·
Premium Member
Aventador Roadster Extreme Edition, Huracan Performante, Gallardo Performante
2,168 Posts
Sounds like a Capristo muffler is perfect for you. Leave your cats stock. She'll give you that extra umph you're looking for while being super quiet with the valves closed. Capristo has to have the best valves on the market. With stock cats and valves closed, you won't even know it's back there.

Reactions: Dane

·
Premium Member
Aventador Roadster Extreme Edition, Huracan Performante, Gallardo Performante
2,168 Posts

Reactions: Lamborghinifam

·
Registered
13 Posts
Give Fabspeed a look as well. Keep a decent sized muffler and the valvetronic functionality to keep YOU, the missus and the neighbors happy. A win for everyone!

·
Registered
17' SV Roadster, Performante Spyder, 458 Spyder
149 Posts
Thanks for the write up. I did the "big no-no" and went from a Huracan to the Aventador. And I have no regrets. Many H owners talk bad about the AV, but I love it and don't regret a thing.
Kratos...PM sent! :)

·
Registered
319 Posts
Recently purchased a 2016 AV Roadster and coming from a 2004 Gallardo am absolutely thrilled with it. On my Gallardo I have a Kline Valvetronic exhaust without cats and compared to it, the AV's standard exhaust, whilst still sounding great is a little "underwhelming".

On You Tube its very hard to compare the exhaust notes and here in Australia there are very few AV's and even fewer with modified exhausts to listen to. (I guess that's to be expected when you see the latest SVJ roadster here is $1,288.000 PLUS on road costs (probably about $A50k) - with VERY few upgrades - but I digress).

I was thinking the Lamborghini racing exhaust sounded the best to me BUT I was told that even if I can get a used one I still need the software upgrade to make it sound right? I understand Lamborghini withdrew this exhaust because of fire problems? AND therefore you can't get the software?

Guys, which exhaust would you recommend for a guy:
1. Who never races or tracks
2. Must be valvetronic for the missus
3. Loves the "snap, crackle and pop" of the Huracan
4. Thinks that the sound produced by the Kline system on his pre LP Gallardo is the best ever invented
5. DO NOT want it particularly loud and will VERY rarely take the revs above, say 5000, Well I am 70 years old!!
6. Car will only be used for socials and car shows - I know, really boring stuff!

Any help/advice would be GREATLY appreciated!
Where in Australia are you?

·
Registered
319 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts