Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m shopping for my first Lambo 580-2, and confused between which of these colors is more desirable. White is very sporty but the metallic grey brings out the lines more imo. What do you guys think? Also for future resale value which one is in more demand? Thanks for the advice

·
Registered
270 Posts
It's like asking which one is better. Sausage or pepperoni pizza. You'll get different opinions on that question as you will on the color. Color is subjective. Those are both good colors. None will have higher resale over the other. Focus on the spec, condition and price.

·
Super Moderator
3,190 Posts
I’m not completely sure on the Huracan, but a silver Gallardo sells for less than a white Gallardo.

I personally don’t like silver.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I was looking a mostly white cars until I saw a pic of the interior of the car I bought, and the exterior happened to be Grigio Lynx. I had never seen the color in person until it arrived at my house. I really like it, lots of flakes. And I agree w/Jr Mint one of the few colors I would avoid is silver the other is brown. If I was ordering a car I might get balloon white or not.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Grigio looks beautiful in the metal but is more understated/less conspicuous. It is easier to maintain. It looks good with orange/red/green calipers and matching interior accents whether bicolore/inserts or stitching.

White H looks hot with red calipers and black interior with red stitching/inserts. It is harder to maintain/keep clean.

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
12,552 Posts
Grigio lynx is awesome and very stealth like, but you can’t ever go wrong with white.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does a 1 owner car with similar miles to a 3 owner car dictate the present and future price? Both examples have under 10k miles.

·
Super Moderator
3,190 Posts
Does a 1 owner car with similar miles to a 3 owner car dictate the present and future price? Both examples have under 10k miles.
Not really..Owners aren't a huge deal honestly.

·
Registered
49 Posts
It totally depends on who owned the car. You must evaluate each car based on current condition. A car with 3 owners could be in way better shape than a 1 owner car if the 3 previous owners took better care of it. It is pretty easy to see a difference between a cared for Lambo and one that was not taken care of. Take a look at everything very carefully and you will see the difference. Trust your judgement when looking! And get a PPI. I guess the answer to your question is it depends on how it was cared for.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Adding to the choices of colors I am also looking a Verde Mantis. What do you guys think vs white or grey?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I am the proud owner of a then-new 2017 580-2. I originally wanted white, but was influenced by a true car guy when it came to choosing the color. He jokingly said, to look for a loud color that was in poor taste. I chose verde mantis and I’ve stopped counting the number of compliments I get. Simply a beautiful color. Shows off the true artistic beauty of the car.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Verde Mantis is a nice color. Beware it looks different in person up close than it does in pictures IMO.

Pictures do not show how much gold there is in the paint. What this means exactly is up to the viewer.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Not exactly.... But here's what happened...

1) wheels were changed for wider /taller and they're now 21's on the rear and l 20's in front...

The offsets are very aggressive... So they poke around 2-3mm out in each corner...nothing you'd see but they now appear flush with fender lips. Now, since they're wider, we went with 20m more width in the rears and I think IIRC, 20mm more in the fonts. Rears are 325 now, so there's a tad more tire height over the OEM setup. This is why you're seeing such little gap there, but overall height of the car is still lower than stock. The slight extra tire height gives the suspension pretty much the same ride as the stock 305 setup. You really can't tell the difference. I think whe I measured, the overall rear tire height was 1/4" over stock...

2) the car was lowered 3/4"-1" so not dramatic but combined with the offset, looks like it has very little wheelwell gap. You have almost no gap in the rear and 1 finger on the front. Cat rides perfectly and the wheels really fill it out

This is the same thing I do on all my rides... My Urus is same and so is my 911...it's my signature...lol

1 - 20 of 24 Posts