Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I’m looking for a set of strong connecting rods for my 2005 Gallardo 5.0. Like Carrillo or similar. Does anyone know of a shop that can deliver immediately?

Have ordered from AutoVerdi here in Sweden, but he just moved the delivery forward by 4 months or so.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Did you try contacting some of the manufactures directly?
CP/Carrillo and Crower would be two good places to start. I don't know if they will have them on the shelf but they both make them for the Gallardo.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you try contacting some of the manufactures directly?
CP/Carrillo and Crower would be two good places to start. I don't know if they will have them on the shelf but they both make them for the Gallardo.
I contacted them when I was hunting pistons and they were not very helpful at all. Therefore I haven’t contacted them yet.

·
Registered
136 Posts
You could try Wossner in Germany as well. I have used them with good results. Not sure if they make them for the Gallardo or not.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Yeah, I contacted them regarding pistons. They could make pistons for G if I send them one, but it was 8 weeks delivery time.
They make rods as well. I ran them in my turbo Hayabusa engines for years without issue. I just didn't know if they had rods available for the Gallardo.

Good luck. Keep us posted on the build. I enjoy projects like this.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good news! AutoVerdi worked weekends to make my connecting rods. Went there to pick them up and get a tour of the workshop. Saw the steel rod before it was send away for forging and hardening, the forged part, the rod in different stages during the milling process and the machines for making the holes and surface finish. Surprising big milling machines, but that is apparently necessary when milling hardened steel. As a mechanical engineer it was very interesting and it also feel reassuring to have talked to the guy who have made my rods.
As you can see the result looks awesome. Much better than the stock sinter metal rod.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts