Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you buy a Lamborghini? And when you buy it are you actually looking to save money on the price of it?
Do you buy it used or brand new?
I know that one day I will be buying my very own Lamborghini and I want to know how the process works.
Any of you guys mind sharing some insight?

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
14,055 Posts
Before I tell my wife!

Also both times I asked for a discount, extras and paid cash..

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
First time it helps to deal with someone who is reputable and you can trust. Roytoy (Roy Cats on here) was extremely helpful for me. Ask lots of questions, and make sure you are comfortable with what you are getting.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Great topic OP, was going to start one myself! I am also curious, if you were to bid on a Lamborghini off eBay for example, it's hard to tell if the person is lying or not or hiding things. This becomes more of a problem if one is located in Canada and the seller is in the U.S.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Car dealers use eBay mainly as an advertising vehicle. It's a way for people to see the available car. Rarely us serious exotic car buyers go "bid" on eBay to buy exotic cars.

I bought my $200K Gallardo 50% cash down and 50% loan. Loan was approved with 3% interest payable in 5 years which is around $1100/month. Got to have a great paying job and decent credit to go this route. Whether one pays all cash or finance the car, it all come down to "if you can't afford it, then don't buy it!"

I also bought an used/preowned one as my first Lambo, but my next one (Aventador) will be brand new.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
I have a friend in the "car biz" and he tells me e-bay is the BEST place to sell a car because it is exposed world-wide. He and his partners buy/sell exotics (that's one of his businesses) all the time on ebay.

Of course - they make phone calls, talk to the seller, may try to negotiate or make the deal off-line, and can make the deal contingent on results of a PPI. It can all be done on ebay but you still must do your homework. My friend also will physically have someone he trusts lay eyes on the car (lots can be hidden in photos). He has contacts all over the world, and will (himself or someone else) travel to the car to visually inspect. He also buys some cars at auction and does it the same way (phone calls, in person inspection, contingent on PPI).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a friend in the "car biz" and he tells me e-bay is the BEST place to sell a car because it is exposed world-wide. He and his partners buy/sell exotics (that's one of his businesses) all the time on ebay.

Of course - they make phone calls, talk to the seller, may try to negotiate or make the deal off-line, and can make the deal contingent on results of a PPI. It can all be done on ebay but you still must do your homework. My friend also will physically have someone he trusts lay eyes on the car (lots can be hidden in photos). He has contacts all over the world, and will (himself or someone else) travel to the car to visually inspect. He also buys some cars at auction and does it the same way (phone calls, in person inspection, contingent on PPI).
Your friend sounds like he has it going on, sure would be nice if you could link me over to him somehow.

·
Registered
88 Posts
The best negotiating tactic is having the cash to buy on the spot without having to get approved. Easy to negotiate when you can say I can cut you a check in minutes. Would recommend not sending someone on your behalf to view a car. Remember these are super cars an the average Joe gets blown away at first impressions and could give you bad feed back. I speak from experience. Buy used! Let the rich guys take the big hit and you can scoop up the sloppy seconds. Why pay 250 when you can snag it for 100 k less in a few years. Buy an air fresher( new car smell) 1.95 and your set. If you buy private do your homework.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
First:

Get your money lined up.

I looked at paying cash vs financing. Both routes involved saving. Financing got me my Lamborghini faster. :evil:

I got pre-approved and had my money lined up. Its the same as cash as far as buying is concerned. For how cheap money is being lent right now, it was a no brainer for me. I had a re-finance lined up with my credit union.

Don't forget money to ship, PPI and to potentially fly out to see the car.

Second:

I looked and looked. And then called and called.

Third:

Decided on which one I liked the most.

Fourth:

Pulled the proverbial trigger.

Fifth:

I enjoy Lamborghini ownership more and more everyday.

Good luck!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts