Lamborghini Talk banner
681 - 700 of 716 Posts

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #682 ·
Um… I fall into this category and I don’t shoot people. I own plenty of firearms and have a loaded handgun right next to me when I sleep (unless I have a lady over, I lock them up) - can’t trust guests these days. Plenty of people I know fall into this category too and ain’t shooting at anyone.

I’d argue that it’s more likely they grew up with an electronic screen in their face all their life which has caused more damage than smoking pot or sneaking a beer out of dads fridge. I grew up with computers as far back as I can remember, and my dad having a cellphone in the center console of his Ford Taurus. But it didn’t consume my life. I was outside riding bikes and hanging with friends in the neighborhood, building tree forts, etc etc. Today, the screens are glued to faces and the kids don’t do anything else. Pure mush. 100x worse than smoking pot.
I believe 5 of the last 5 mass shootings were chronic dopers. Heavy pot usage in young kids, tend to show up in psychotic personalities. Not saying every doper grows up to be mass shooters or even psychotic. I’m saying there’s a strong correlation. So strong the medical industry won’t mention it, because it’s now a form of new tax revenues, just what politicians want. Heck, the next step is to legalize fentanyl. Can you imagine the new taxes government can get from legalizing fentanyl???

·
Registered
262 Posts
I believe 5 of the last 5 mass shootings were chronic dopers. Heavy pot usage in young kids, tend to show up in psychotic personalities. Not saying every doper grows up to be mass shooters or even psychotic. I’m saying there’s a strong correlation. So strong the medical industry won’t mention it, because it’s now a form of new tax revenues, just what politicians want. Heck, the next step is to legalize fentanyl. Can you imagine the new taxes government can get from legalizing fentanyl???
Im sure they were logged into Facebook or TikTok more hours than they spent being high on marijuana. Does marijuana affect the brain in adolescence? Most likely. Does social media affect the brain in adolescence? Most likely. Does a broken household affect the brain and state of psychosis? Most likely.

there are plenty of factors that can lead to cognitive issues in teens or young adults. When I was in middle school, we preferred to “slap box” or do “body shots” which was fist fighting with the face and lower extremities off-limits. We didn’t show up to school with guns. Social media wasn’t around quite yet (MySpace was just being formed). My first job was at 10 years old and I needed to have a phone, so my parents got me one - it was rare to see my peers with one for another 2-3 years.

I wouldn’t jump to blaming marijuana. Personally, I’ve noticed more cognitive decline from drinking too much, too frequently, than puffing some fresh molta flower before bed.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #684 ·
Im sure they were logged into Facebook or TikTok more hours than they spent being high on marijuana. Does marijuana affect the brain in adolescence? Most likely. Does social media affect the brain in adolescence? Most likely. Does a broken household affect the brain and state of psychosis? Most likely.

there are plenty of factors that can lead to cognitive issues in teens or young adults. When I was in middle school, we preferred to “slap box” or do “body shots” which was fist fighting with the face and lower extremities off-limits. We didn’t show up to school with guns. Social media wasn’t around quite yet (MySpace was just being formed). My first job was at 10 years old and I needed to have a phone, so my parents got me one - it was rare to see my peers with one for another 2-3 years.

I wouldn’t jump to blaming marijuana. Personally, I’ve noticed more cognitive decline from drinking too much, too frequently, than puffing some fresh molta flower before bed.
I’m a little biased, as in college, I had a friend(heavy doper) put a shotgun in his mouth and blow his head off. Next to him was a letter he wrote to his parents, explaining his suicide had nothing to do with them and that he was ready to go to the next stage of ‘life’.

strange occurrence, as he was an extremely likable and funny guy… everyone’s friend. I don’t think anyone could foresee his suicide. His death took me down for the entire week.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I’m a little biased, as in college, I had a friend(heavy doper) put a shotgun in his mouth and blow his head off. Next to him was a letter he wrote to his parents, explaining his suicide had nothing to do with them and that he was ready to go to the next stage of ‘life’.

strange occurrence, as he was an extremely likable and funny guy… everyone’s friend. I don’t think anyone could foresee his suicide. His death took me down for the entire week.
it’s tough, it really is. Maybe he was smoking marijuana because it was offering him an escape from whatever else was bothering him. One thing I can for sure tell you is that our society has serious issues with hormone imbalances right now. There’s very little help for anyone under 30 from the medical field to assist in hormone balancing. And when the hormones are off, the person is F$&@ed. (yes pot can lead to higher estrogen in men and cause an imbalance as well).

Been there in my early 20s due to over the counter muscle building crap I took that destroyed my endocrine system. Zero help from doctors. Was told I need a psychiatrist because it must be stress related, “you’re too young to have these issues.” I ordered testosterone from turkey and followed a 12 week cycle. It rebooted my system and I was back to life. The suicidal thoughts during the times of testosterone being registered at 100 in my early 20s was wild. Thankfully I come from a solid family of support. Have never had to do another cycle since. Sadly, my levels are still below my 65 year old father. However, they’re no longer 100 on the scale to 1k.

I can either take a couple rips of marijuana before bed or I have to take artificially compounded medicines to sleep. My brain doesn’t shut off. I prefer natural remedies. One day I’ll figure out meditation and won’t need the herb: until then, I’m rolling with Bob Marley and snoop dogg
Couldn't open a new jar of olives...so I used car oil wrench 😝
View attachment 318893
gotta love the oil filter wrench. Comes in handy for more than one thing!

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #687 ·
it’s tough, it really is. Maybe he was smoking marijuana because it was offering him an escape from whatever else was bothering him. One thing I can for sure tell you is that our society has serious issues with hormone imbalances right now. There’s very little help for anyone under 30 from the medical field to assist in hormone balancing. And when the hormones are off, the person is F$&@ed. (yes pot can lead to higher estrogen in men and cause an imbalance as well).

Been there in my early 20s due to over the counter muscle building crap I took that destroyed my endocrine system. Zero help from doctors. Was told I need a psychiatrist because it must be stress related, “you’re too young to have these issues.” I ordered testosterone from turkey and followed a 12 week cycle. It rebooted my system and I was back to life. The suicidal thoughts during the times of testosterone being registered at 100 in my early 20s was wild. Thankfully I come from a solid family of support. Have never had to do another cycle since. Sadly, my levels are still below my 65 year old father. However, they’re no longer 100 on the scale to 1k.

I can either take a couple rips of marijuana before bed or I have to take artificially compounded medicines to sleep. My brain doesn’t shut off. I prefer natural remedies. One day I’ll figure out meditation and won’t need the herb: until then, I’m rolling with Bob Marley and snoop dogg

gotta love the oil filter wrench. Comes in handy for more than one thing!
Ive heard of people using light therapy. Especially in Fall and Winter where sunlight is less prevalent.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #691 ·
Projections are that the Fed fund rate peak of 4.26% by March 2023….. yikes! Krikey! Uftda! Madre lo que hizo!

Current 30yr fixed mortgage at 6.6%

inflation to be persistent and not transitory (my fn ass Powel, Yellen and Pelosi)

·
Premium Member
97.0 Diablo VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,931 Posts
^dont forget The Big Guy, Joe Biden, who predicted “transitory” inflation. Same Big Guy who said on 60 Minutes on Sunday that everything is just fine because inflation is down 0.1% since last month. Nevermind it is over 8%…. Same Big Guy who couldn’t run a lemonade stand yet somehow stays employed for 50 years on the taxpayers’ dime.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #693 ·
^dont forget The Big Guy, Joe Biden, who predicted “transitory” inflation. Same Big Guy who said on 60 Minutes on Sunday that everything is just fine because inflation is down 0.1% since last month. Nevermind it is over 8%…. Same Big Guy who couldn’t run a lemonade stand yet somehow stays employed for 50 years on the taxpayers’ dime.
Another outburst like that and I’ll have to hire you 😎

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #694 ·
Well kids, Feds increased rates by 0.75%
As expected
Indications are the next two rate increases will be at least 1.0%. Yikes
Should start seeing major layoff announcements across all sectors, with the brunt coming in 6 months from now. Yes, it will be a world wide recession. Perhaps the worst the world has ever seen. I’m not calling it the worst, as it’s too early to tell.

Batten down the hatches, the rough stuff won’t be coming for awhile 🥹

·
Registered
315 Posts
Projections are that the Fed fund rate peak of 4.26% by March 2023….. yikes! Krikey! Uftda! Madre lo que hizo!

Current 30yr fixed mortgage at 6.6%

inflation to be persistent and not transitory (my fn ass Powel, Yellen and Pelosi)
Lots of opportunity. Love it!
Well kids, Feds increased rates by 0.75%
As expected
Indications are the next two rate increases will be at least 1.0%. Yikes
Should start seeing major layoff announcements across all sectors, with the brunt coming in 6 months from now. Yes, it will be a world wide recession. Perhaps the worst the world has ever seen. I’m not calling it the worst, as it’s too early to tell.

Batten down the hatches, the rough stuff won’t be coming for awhile 🥹
Love it! Lots of opportunity. 👍🏼

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #698 ·
Any leads to maybe change my career? I'm thinking of doing something else, dealing with the public is tough.

Flipping houses is a no go, Canada will implement anti flipping laws with 100% taxable gains.
I remember as a kid, reading about how the Nordic countries in Europe had a 50% tax rate. I thought that it was slavery and nutz. The US is quickly going that route, as I’m now in a 40% tax bracket. Add inflation and 87,000 new IRA agents that Biden hired, we’re screwed. Might as well go on welfare and start asking exotic car owners what they do for a living. Lmao.

hey, I noticed this lambo for sale, looks like it’s up your alley.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #699 ·
Any leads to maybe change my career? I'm thinking of doing something else, dealing with the public is tough.

Flipping houses is a no go, Canada will implement anti flipping laws with 100% taxable gains.
I’d liquidate everything and purchase a big nice enclosed car trailer(with sleeping cab) and start hauling cars for a living. See the world, eliminates majority of mainstream taxes. Majority of time is in solitude driving.

·
Vendor
2013 Mercedes Benz SL63 AMG
880 Posts

Come to South Florida and buy some of the foreclosures I have access to. Its getting to be time to buy, hold and rent as there will be many losing their jobs and then their homes. This will be a great time to acquire Real Estate to hold until the next upswing in 5-7yrs after the new financial system settles in.

681 - 700 of 716 Posts