Lamborghini Talk banner
661 - 680 of 716 Posts

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #662 ·
Why move to a hellhole country to experience power outages when you can go to California?

“California officials declared a statewide grid emergency to cope with surging demand for power amid a blistering heat wave, raising the prospect of rolling blackouts.

The California Independent System Operator issued a level-1 energy emergency alert around 3:10 p.m. local time Wednesday after tapping all of its available power supplies. The notice, which comes after officials asked homes and businesses to conserve, is a warning that the state is anticipating power shortages.”

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Here for decades we were drilled to conserve electricity and these last couple years no more talk about conservation because now they are pushing propaganda to buy electric vehicles that will fail big time in this winter country. How do they expect us to travel a 6 hour forest drive where without charging stations?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Here for decades we were drilled to conserve electricity and these last couple years no more talk about conservation because now they are pushing propaganda to buy electric vehicles that will fail big time in this winter country. How do they expect us to travel a 6 hour forest drive where without charging stations?
That’s the point. You lose control of freedom as a human.
@AngelOfMurci housing interest rates for the standard 30yr fix, or VA or FHA aren’t near 9.25%; about 5.5-6.5%. Maybe non conforming loans are that high?

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #669 ·
On CNBC Jeremy Siegel tried to defend his prognostication that CPI wasn’t going to be bad… insert palm slap to the face.

he said home prices have started to go down and the CPI currently doesn’t reflect that.

who the F cares about the sticker price if you are paying 6% on a 30 year!!!!

it’s like thinking you got a great rate paying $5 per weekend night at Bellagio, but then having to pay $400 per night for room charges(WiFi, newspaper, running water, hot water, bed sheets and pillows, LMAO)

·
Registered
262 Posts
The 6% wouldn’t matter as much if the home values weren’t still inflated from Covid. 6% is about where the rates were in 2005-2008. It’s been higher in the past.

but when I see a house was purchased for $3.9m in 2019 and now it’s listed for $9m with two $1m price drops down to 6.9m, I laugh at how inflated it still is. Literally nothing was even done, it was a new build in 2019 and fully complete so no value was added. I can lookup almost any listed property and the story is nearly the same.

·
Premium Member
1,154 Posts
Financial conditions have indeed gotten tighter since Angel started this thread.
Colorfulness Slope Plot Rectangle Font

And the market, as one would expect has been volatile and is negative since.

Question 1: So how bad does this get? As bad as 2008?
Question 2: Will someone please let me know when the bell goes off that signals the market bottom so I can get my cash to work?

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #672 · (Edited)
Financial conditions have indeed gotten tighter since Angel started this thread.
View attachment 318838

And the market, as one would expect has been volatile and is negative since.

Question 1: So how bad does this get? As bad as 2008?
Question 2: Will someone please let me know when the bell goes off that signals the market bottom so I can get my cash to work?
Back in 08, what macro events happened? A few Ponzi schemes. Poor risky mortgage lending CDOs/CDSs. Real estate market collapse.

what do we have today?
World wide covid pandemic (shutting down China)
World war 3 in progress with Russia.
Bubbles collapsing in large markets(stocks, crypto)
Massive US government spending, with Feds printing trillions in fake money(IOUs).
Massive spending by democrats are fueling massive spike in inflation.
China threatening Taiwan and the entire tech sector.
US / Biden throttling AMD and NVDA from selling chips to China.
Europe having no heating oil for winter. Throttling factory output.
FBI and DOJ acting like Nazis, going after Republicans.
Fentanyl bombs from China have killed 95,000 US citizens. Joey still allows 3 million illegal immigrants to walk into our country with no traceability.
Kamala still needs to be slapped.
Layoffs will start this fall.
ps
Gonna need a bigger boat.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Back in 08, what macro events happened? A few Ponzi schemes. Poor risky mortgage lending CDOs/CDSs. Real estate market collapse.

what do we have today?
Massive US government spending, with Feds printing trillions in fake money(IOUs).
Fentanyl bombs from China have killed 95,000 US citizens. Joey still allows 3 million illegal immigrants to walk into our country with no traceability.
ps

Agreed.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts

what do we have today?
ps
the most mass shootings and mass .............(everything) ever.
domestic violence where the war on violence is being lost to teenage boys looking to get noticed

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
we can add a railroad strike to completely shut down low cost transit of goods
as the stock exchange tanks because of the cpi, this is going to get worse. prices will continue to go up, goods will become more scarce, interest rates are going up.........

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #677 ·
we can add a railroad strike to completely shut down low cost transit of goods
as the stock exchange tanks because of the cpi, this is going to get worse. prices will continue to go up, goods will become more scarce, interest rates are going up.........
There is an out…
If Russia decides to announce they have accomplished their objectives in Ukraine. That one event would realign the oil industry, such that Europe might go unscathed this winter.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #679 ·
capitulation

kə-pĭch″ə-lā′shən
noun
  1. The act of surrendering or giving up.
  2. A document containing the terms of surrender.
  3. An enumeration of the main parts of a subject; a summary.

let me add one more as it pertains to REAL CAPITULATION and the markets…

1.) people stop looking at their portfolios
2.) people stop looking at the brokerage statement balances
3.) people are tapped out and cannot reallocate or rebalance their positions
4.) restaurants are baron
5.) all sectors sell off without dead cat bounces
6.) the cramers of the world, state “everyone knew this was going to happen”, but somehow didn’t send out the memo
7.) consumer stock flows and liquidity vanish
8.) people stop worrying about climate change 🤓

when all those thing occur, we’ll know we’re at the bottom

·
Registered
262 Posts
I guarantee you, all those kids running around shooting at anything that moves, have smoked pot since grade school.
Um… I fall into this category and I don’t shoot people. I own plenty of firearms and have a loaded handgun right next to me when I sleep (unless I have a lady over, I lock them up) - can’t trust guests these days. Plenty of people I know fall into this category too and ain’t shooting at anyone.

I’d argue that it’s more likely they grew up with an electronic screen in their face all their life which has caused more damage than smoking pot or sneaking a beer out of dads fridge. I grew up with computers as far back as I can remember, and my dad having a cellphone in the center console of his Ford Taurus. But it didn’t consume my life. I was outside riding bikes and hanging with friends in the neighborhood, building tree forts, etc etc. Today, the screens are glued to faces and the kids don’t do anything else. Pure mush. 100x worse than smoking pot.

661 - 680 of 716 Posts