Lamborghini Talk banner
581 - 600 of 730 Posts

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #581 ·
RECESSION! RECESSION! READ ALL ABOUT IT!

ok, maybe you won’t be able to read about it.
GDP of -0.9 second straight quarter of contracting economy.

have no fear, another liberal money grab, $560 BILLION bill. Gonna raise taxes. All that with a massive YoY 9.1% inflation rate and real estate markets freezing up.

classic comedy at its finest

·
Registered
649 Posts
RECESSION! RECESSION! READ ALL ABOUT IT!

ok, maybe you won’t be able to read about it.
GDP of -0.9 second straight quarter of contracting economy.

have no fear, another liberal money grab, $560 BILLION bill. Gonna raise taxes. All that with a massive YoY 9.1% inflation rate and real estate markets freezing up.

classic comedy at its finest
[
/QUOTE]

I'm confused - how come the World is supposed to coming to an end in America (as reported everywhere in Australia) and yet your stock market is still going up?

By now, according to Peter Schiff, Robert Kyosaki, Ray Dallio, etc., etc., your dollar should be worth about 1 cent, people fighting each other for food and the stock market below 1930?

·
Premium Member
1,154 Posts
The million dollar question…”is the market bottom in for the year?” If so, I need to get my 50% cash position back to work, otherwise continue to wait for the opportunity of the next decade of unfold. Usually in a recession market will do down 40-50%, so seems we’re maybe halfway through the bad. Also haven’t seen panic or capitulation. Usually toward the end you get 5-6% daily market swings. Nothing close yet.

Reactions: AngelOfMurci

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #587 ·
I’m currently at a 6% stock 94% cash portfolio
I’m surprised that the markets haven’t tanked another 10-20%
jim Cramer is selectively picking news to try to hook people into deeper positions. He’s been wrong for the past 6 months.

big banks should be making bank… with rates still projected to go up…. And that’s where Jim is trying his best to say things aren’t that bad

With consumer spending getting tight because of inflation and persistent supply chain issue, companies will soon start laying off employees by the thousands.

See how todays $560 billion bill, plus raising taxes on oil(think heating oil for coming winter, Europe is down 30-40% on heating needs… winter rationing will be the norm there)….

with all that said…
I’m actively day trading, as I think the VIX will enable fast money. Only have 2 positions, TWTR and CSCO, both are now in the green. Will be looking to exit on any decent pops.

fyi
The chips act bill is bullsh*t
There is not a single chip maker in the US that is not dependent on China and the USSR for the rare earth metals that are needed to make a chip. PERIOD

China put almost all REM companies out of business via predatory pricing. The US politicians looked the other way. Australia is currently ramping up their mining operations again. Global warming activists in the US will ban any REM mining in the US

ps
It’s amazing how you mortals screw things up!

·
Premium Member
2022 H EVO RWD Grigio Lynx
2,591 Posts
A recession does not dictate negative returns. Hoping to see the recent reactions continue but agree that the next 6 months likely won’t be great for buy and hold. Enjoy!!
Azure Font Screenshot Parallel Number

·
Premium Member
2022 H EVO RWD Grigio Lynx
2,591 Posts
Since the PC becoming mainstream (early 90s), recessions have always crippled returns.
Not sure I’d call those negative returns crippling. If you have $200k invested it may feel like the world is coming to an end but all the members are pretty loaded so it’s just part of investing. $2mm to $1.6mm isn’t that devastating for the average member.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #594 ·
Then I’m gonna keep investing in tech!!
Good idea.
Fyi
Early in my investing career, I saw my portfolio go from $175k down to $39k. Wow! Did I feel like a dumbsh*t.
At that point I plowed everything I made into all of my positions. Three months later I was back to even. Gotta have conviction or you’re going to get spooked out of a good position.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Good idea.
Fyi
Early in my investing career, I saw my portfolio go from $175k down to $39k. Wow! Did I feel like a dumbsh*t.
At that point I plowed everything I made into all of my positions. Three months later I was back to even. Gotta have conviction or you’re going to get spooked out of a good position.
Did you offload your tweeter today @AngelOfMurci?

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #597 ·
Did you offload your tweeter today @AngelOfMurci?
I didn’t. I’m thinking I’ll bail at around $43
Everything indicates the deal will go through. I just have other ideas that might create better returns.

ps
For the sake of Pete! Can someone start a rumor about CSCO!!!! Heck anything… Kardashians will use CSCO routers in their mansion!!! Anything… the cattle prod didn’t work 😎

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #598 · (Edited)
GOOGL is a nice bet with the split they just went through
Probably, but there’s an upstart that’s growing like wild fires… duckduckgo
Even though their search engine is way behind Google and bing, I’ll first use DuckDuckGo just to stick it to the two evil companies. Privacy is where it’s at. Let’s hope big government doesn’t place back doors into their operations.

ps
The more people use DuckDuckGo, the better it’s search engine gets.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #600 ·
I really try to use duck duck go , but sometimes the results are so off base. Im really surprised they haven't been bought out yet
Agreed. Especially on the search results. Like I said, if everyone got in the habit of searching with DDG first and then go to the other search engines, the world would be a better place.

581 - 600 of 730 Posts