Lamborghini Talk banner
101 - 120 of 130 Posts

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
Take into consideration that out of state dealers are actually limited on how many cars they can sell outside their market. It’s not as easy as you think to just find another dealer. Some markets do have multiple dealers and some have one and if that.
Good info…I wasn’t aware of that. Wish I could have bought local or even just in my state but no luck. Next Friday I’m going to my local for the first time since ordering out of state. Can’t wait to see how the conversation goes after I tell them I ordered elsewhere. To your earlier point, I’m guessing they could care less!!

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,553 Posts
@Jr Mint, are the out of state dealers limited by percentage or numbers of cars they can sell? I ask because I wonder if that will impact me as time goes on. Clearly, I am way out-of-state.

·
Super Moderator
3,498 Posts
@Jr Mint, are the out of state dealers limited by percentage or numbers of cars they can sell? I ask because I wonder if that will impact me as time goes on. Clearly, I am way out-of-state.
I suppose both. They don’t get too many allocations as it is, so technically it would be based on percentage. I was surprised about this when I was told.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,553 Posts
I suppose both. They don’t get too many allocations as it is, so technically it would be based on percentage. I was surprised about this when I was told.
Good to know, and it kind of makes sense so, I will tuck that info away and see how things play out with my dealership.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,553 Posts
That info makes me wonder where I stand. My state doesn't have a lamborghini dealer so I had no choice other than to go out of state.
Good question and my gestalt is out-of-state buyers are going to be at a disadvantage in the near term, and by near term probably for the next two years. I have no problem with being told I have to wait but I do have a problem with being misled or lied to. If the dealerships don't know what the prospects for future allocations are then they should say that, and then we as buyers can either leave a deposit or march on.

Reactions: Afk49

·
Premium Member
1,978 Posts
Just a heads up my dealer has been correct about everything she's told me so far (even with info that seemed contradictory to info found on this forum). I originally wanted an AWD Spyder and she told me there are no more AWD allocations being given for the rest of the Huracan cycle. Would love to hear from any members that have gotten a recent AWD allocation since Sept 2021.

I put my deposit down Sep 17th and got a RWD spyder allocation on Oct 14 with status 30 submitted on October 18. $10k deposit, MSRP price.
Talked to my dealer this morning, still no allocation but he said they did get one this month for an AWD Spyder that was ordered a month before I placed mine. Said he thinks I should get a December allocation, works for me since I'm not in a big rush and just want a car sometime next summer

Reactions: Rcasa20

·
Registered
101 Posts
Talked to my dealer this morning, still no allocation but he said they did get one this month for an AWD Spyder that was ordered a month before I placed mine. Said he thinks I should get a December allocation, works for me since I'm not in a big rush and just want a car sometime next summer
Seattle dealership didn't get any allocation this month, they got 2 last month.

·
Premium Member
1,978 Posts
Dealer told me two allocations total, one for the AWD Spyder and one Urus. So does seem they are coming very slowly.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,553 Posts
Curious to know how they are able to ramp up production in this peri-COVID World environment. Has Lamborghini secretly built a larger factory, been able to hire more people, have overcome the supply constraints? If anything it seems total production has been on a steady downward trend up to this point. Just don’t know, I have more questions than answers but I hope the general consensus of upcoming increased production is accurate.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Lambo never had major supply constraints due to COVID but instead from what I was told Lambo throttled production in case there were supply issues meaning if they went full steam ahead and supply issues emerged they would have to shut down production.

They're anticipation that all supply chain issues by next year will be back to normal hence why they're increasing production. There's still a lot of H's to be produced, like I said there's still around 30 STO's that are expected to arrive next year in Canada. There's also a final edition H in the works and production for the H isn't ending till 2024.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,553 Posts
I see but there are clearly some supply constraints there are a few members with their Lamborghinis' sitting at the factory awaiting parts. @Arnilious for one and there were a few others that mentioned their cars cannot completed until their cars get needed parts.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
I see but there are clearly some supply constraints there are a few members with their Lamborghinis' sitting at the factory awaiting parts. @Arnilious for one and there were a few others that mentioned their cars cannot completed until their cars get needed parts.
There not major parts like ECU's, clusters, etc...where they have to basically shut down production.

There's still 3 years of production remaining for the H so they'll be plenty of time to buy one new because they'll be building plenty of them. Anyone who can wait, just wait.

101 - 120 of 130 Posts